Chapter 33

But I Want To Be More Than Friends!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Hey subbies, it's update time! Thanks for staying me throughout it all :') Please comment if you haven't already, I really wish to know what 90% of my silent subbies are thinking.... Do you like the different POVs and what Kyungsoo is thinking? Do you want to know what Chanyeol is thinking as well?

Kyungsoo's POV, before the date

When I was still a boy, I was content with just having Raerin by my side. I even tolerated her having Kai as her boyfriend because I thought, being best friends is better than nothing.

But now I'm a man and I want us to be more than best friends.

I will never make the same mistake again and let Raerin be with someone less than deserving, someone that tainted her pure heart, someone that gave love a bad name.

I know I'm lacking and I know I'm giving up so much to woo her.

But her love is worth it, I just know.

Raerin hasn't told me how her talk with Chanyeol went, but I'm assuming it went well... Since they no longer talk anymore. I know, I've been watching.

A little voice at the back of my head makes me feel bad for breaking up their friendship.

But... Love is selfish and I have never been someone to give up easily for something I want, to somebody else. Especially now Chanyeol's getting more popular, him being together with Raerin won't really cause any harm to her anymore.

Initially I was looking out for her.

But now, admittedly I'm looking out for myself.

As I said, I know I'm lacking.

I gazed at myself in the mirror and wonder why God didn't spend more time on me. I am shorter than most of my guy friends and my shoulders and body narrower than average as well, but it hasn't really bothered me... till now.

I've always thought the right girl would have to accept me for who I am, just like how all my friends learnt not to tease me after I twist them into a headlock and teach them how to treat me.

Yes, I've been that confident. But Raerin has no lack of suitors who are admittedly more aesthetically-pleasing than me. I have no doubts about my face or personality, that's for sure, but as for my build...

I took in a deep breath and stood up as straight and tall as I could, drawing back my shoulders. Do Kyungsoo looked considerably bigger... But I felt my shoulders aching... Aish. I exhaled and I went back to being small Kyungsoo. I sighed despondently.

I suddenly thought about Chanyeol and got myself really riled up. "So unnaturally tall," I muttered in a deathly rasp, glaring at my reflection. "And so freaking happy and cheerful..."

Does Raerin like that kind of guy more? I felt myself thinking, my heart clenching. Even though I would never admit out loud in a million years, Park Chanyeol was handsome. The first time I laid eyes on him when Raerin was stuck in the stairwell with Kai, I couldn't believe how defined his features were when he wasn't grinning like a madman. If he weren't that crazy with such a mad appearance, he may actually have been well-liked.

And now, yes, the school has finally realised that he's a real charmer. It also helps that he's not so crazy and happy of late, which makes his features less contorted and elf-like... 

Could his more sombre demeanour be because of Raerin?

I pushed away the guilt building up inside of me. Whatever it was, it didn't matter now. What's done already been done. I have to see my goal through to the end.

My gaze landed on a pair of shoelifts that Baekhyun gave me last year for my birthday. "Every small boy's secret," He had winked at me.

I nearly killed him for it, but kept them anyway at the back of my shoe cabinet. I reached out for them, feeling my mood becoming hurricane-like. Trying them on, I was lifted by three inches. , I really did look better. I stared at my new self admiringly in the mirror. Should I wear them just for tonight, since I'm going to take Raerin out?

No... No.... How can I compromise on my principles and self-worth... I felt myself crumble. "NO!" I declared out loud firmly. I must be going mad.

I let out a long-suffering exasperated sigh as I took out the shoelifts and chucked them away with much angst and gusto.

"I will make you fall in love with me, Raerin, three inches or not," I said to my reflection with dead-serious determination. 

I took out my phone and stared at it for a long long while and took about an hour just to send out my message. I am a slow typer, I know, but at least I'll never be caught sending out texts that I regret.... Yet.

do_kyungsoo93: Baek wanna work out?

-

Ralene's POV, after the date

Doesn't it drive you crazy, just how fast the night changes? 

 

Can you kiss someone and still remain friends? Is it normal to feel like you want to kiss your best friend? Does a platonic kiss exist?

I stared up at my bedroom ceiling, as if the answers to the multitude of my questions were stuck there. Unfortunately they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter