Chapter 32

But I Want To Be More Than Friends!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
A/N: The calm before the storm.

 

"Chanyeol..." I whispered under my breath as I saw him disappear into the shadows.

 

I inhaled sharply when I saw Kai standing in the exact same spot that Chanyeol was at. He was looking over at Kyungsoo and I devilishly with a smirk worn on his face. He gave me the "OK" sign again- and then I realized it didn't mean okay. It meant three. For Day 3. Which was today.

 

"Raerin?" Kyungsoo asked worriedly and I snapped my head towards him, back to our friends. "Is everything okay?"

 

"It's... just..." I glanced over my shoulder nervously and when Kyungsoo followed my gaze, I realized Kai wasn't there anymore.

 

I have to do this ASAP....

 

-

 

...But I didn't get my chance.

 

Baekhyun, Sehun and Kris never once left us alone.

 

And much as I liked my friends, there is no way I would tell them my deepest darkest secret.

 

Heck, I wasn't even sure about trusting Kyungsoo with this.

 

"Rae... no appetite?" Kyungsoo eyed me, his brow furrowing.

 

I glanced in alarm at my untouched food, surprising even myself.

 

"Wow, Raerin-ah, you're trying to be demure for hyung eh?" Sehun threw an arm over Kyungsoo's shoulder and Kyungsoo promptly twisted it away. "Ouch!"

 

"I lost my appetite when I saw your face, Sehun." I retorted with a grin on my face at Kyungsoo's violent tendencies. Sehun immediately sobered up.

 

"Attaaaa girl!" Baekhyun snapped his fingers in a Z formation.

 

Kris immediately raised his hand to high five me and I clapped it, laughing.

 

Kyungsoo frowned, then turned to Sehun. "Brat, she doesn't even have to try."

 

Sehun raised his hands up helplessly. "Okay, I was joking! Raerin! Forgive me! Hyung's gonna-"

 

Kyungsoo had Sehun in a headlock, his eyes glaring at the younger boy. I laughed. Sometimes I don't even know if Kyungsoo was genuinely angry or joking, but then I saw a smile peeking from the corners of his lips and I chuckled at their adorable love-hate friendship.

 

-

 

"Where are we going?"

 

"It's a surprise." Kyungsoo hesitated before grabbing my wrist gently, making me jump. 

 

"Soo! We're in school!" I quickly tried to pull away, flustered.

 

"School has ended." Kyungsoo replied dismissively, simply enclosing his fingers more firmly, sending flutters through my entire body at his behaviour.

 

We waited at the bus stop until Kyungsoo stood up. "Our bus is here." He turned to me, smiling.

 

"Where does it go?" I wondered and he ushered me quickly up the bus.

 

He let me take the window seat and took out his earpiece, plugged into his phone.

 

"We haven't shared music in a while." I grinned, taking the earpiece. I loved Kyungsoo's soothing R & B music playlists, which he was very protective of, since it was weeks and weeks of curating the right "order and mix" and he didn't let just anyone listen to his playlists. 

 

I nodded my head along to the music, enjoying the smooth and light melody, not noticing that Kyungsoo was watching my every movement.

 

"I like it." I gave him a thumbs-up. "Who is it by?"

 

"Some new band called EXO." Kyungsoo shrugged it off. His arm, which was on the back of my chair was lowered down gradually onto my shoulders. Very aware of his touch and this intimacy, I felt warm all over yet inexplicably comfortable.

 

Bobbing our heads along to the music, the bus reached our stop soon enough. Kyungsoo looked out of the window and offered his arm out to me. 

 

"Where are we going?"

 

Kyungsoo didn't reply me, but gently tugged me away in the intended direction.

 

"Soo~" I started to prod, but he just gave me a twinkling look in his eyes and continued walking.

 

"We don't ever travel out beyond the dorm's vicinity for a nice time together, after all these years. And I thought you deserve more than just my cooking." Kyungsoo told me, his face shining and serious.

 

We were at Hyehwa, a relatively posh and illustrious area. I surveyed the most prominent landmark of the area we had reached- a huge, sprawling loft-like indoor club in front of me. "For 1000 years," I read the signboard out loud. 

 

"That's not enough for me," Kyungsoo said teasingly and meaningfully as we walked in on his tugging. I pretended I didn't hear him. 

 

It was a jazz club, I had gathered, even though it was my first time here. It was dark but had a pleasantly warm ambience inside, with adults after work hours chilling at the bar counters and sipping cocktails. There was a main stage at the front, and there was a live band performing, with jazz instruments like the saxophone and the surround sound system made the entire place reverberate with the soothing music.

 

I turned to Kyungsoo and I realised he had been looking at me all this while, anticipation written over his face.

 

"You're okay with being here?" He sounded concerned and cautious.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter