Chapter 29

But I Want To Be More Than Friends!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Maybe it's my nerves... But is Kyungsoo acting reaaaaally weirdly today?

We've always hung out with other guys before - Sehun and Baek to be specific - but he's overzealously protective today.

"So how long have the two of you known each other?" Xiumin slowed down to join the two of us along the way to the ice cream parlour.

I could have just been imagining it, but did irritation flicker over his features?

"Since grade school." I answered, since Kyungsoo remained coolly quiet.

"Oh, you're so lucky to have a best friend like Raerin." Xiumin grinned charmingly at me. "It's so rare to find someone so unpretentious like her."

"Yeah," Kyungsoo's eyes flickered over to Xiumin, "I know." 

His tone was clipped and austere and he was practically glowering.

Realising that Kyungsoo was actually glaring at Xiumin, I quickly added, "Let's hurry up and join the others, shall we?"

-

At the ice cream parlour, Tao immediately got distracted by the ice cream even before we found seats. 

"I want this, hyung!" Tao insisted to noone in particular. All the other boys, save for Kyungsoo, were talking amongst themselves and ignoring him. Xiumin and Lay went to get seats. He turned to me instantly.

"Noona, shall we get ice cream together?"

"Sure."

He was pressing his face up to the ice cream glass display and it was so frosty he quickly recoiled back. I laughed at his childish reaction. How cute! 

"Don't act cute," Luhan fake-admonished him complete with a hair flick, "You've got to be manly like your hyung."

I hid a smile and began to peruse the options of ice cream available. What should I get?

"You look like a strawberry cheesecake kind of girl. Unique and cute." Luhan winked at me.

"Ah?" I turned to look at him, flustered.

Usually when our friends joked around with me, Kyungsoo would just look at me and laugh.

But now he just stood ramrod straight, his eyes wide and expressionless and his face poker.

And then when it registerd- he slowly turned towards Luhan and I, his face looking incredulous at first but I could see fire in his usually calm, glimmering moon-like eyes.

If looks could kill, Luhan would be dead. 

"Pistachio as usual for you, right, Rae?" Kyungsoo seemed to be addressing me, but he never once left his glare at poor Luhan, who seemed genuinely confused.

"Y-yes." I realised he had also shortformed my name, something he practically never did before. My heart fluttered at how his lips formed my name: Rae.

"I'll order your usual for you, then." Kyungsoo turned back to me, his eyes flashing and his expression said Do-not-say-no.

Usually when guys joked around with me flirtatiously, all he would do is roll his eyes privately to me and smirk and I would just ignore him. What was the matter with my best friend today?

"Okay, thanks, I'll go... take a seat." I quickly backed away, unable to withstand all the tension and gave one last warning look at Kyungsoo.

Damn, I must admit he looked rather hot.

The moment the thought crossed my mind, I immediately rebuked myself. What the actual heck, Raerin, you're just not used to this side of Kyungsoo.

He can be this scary, I knew that, but I didn't know how attractive he was when he was scary. Until now.

Would he be that angry with me if he knew about my despicable methods to get Chanyeol to dislike me? I mean, after all he did approve and propose that I should get Chanyeol off my back but I was too cowardly to tell Chanyeol the truth about why I couldnt be together with him-

"Raerin's back!" Lay's voice broke into my thoughts and Xiumin looked up immediately from his sitting postion, his eyes moving from the counter to me and his cheeks rounded into a smile.

"Have you gotten what you wanted?" He asked me.

"Yeah, Soo's ordering for me." I replied, smiling back at his infectious smile. I took a seat and sighed.

"What's the matter?" He asked curiously. I looke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter