Chapter 30

But I Want To Be More Than Friends!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
I'm really sorry for not updating so long, I've been working on my other fics with my awesome co-author Memorize :) It's really fun working on a story, if any of you wanna be a coauthor with me, just give me a shoutout! And a big thank you to those who have stayed with me thus far, I love every single one of you. :) It's really messy right now, but I promise you it's going to be worth it, okay? *hugs* Btw I just got Kakao Talk, PM me your ID and we can get to talk and spazz tgt~ <3 As usual, comments and upvotes will be received with much luv xoxo

 

 

I woke up with a headache.

I'm surprised I actually fell asleep, what with the burdens of worries building up within me.

7 calls and 15 KakaoTalk notifications from Kyungsoo alone.

I recalled his hesitation yesterday when I asked if we would forever be friends and my heart clenched itself into a tight, painful ball. 

It was also Day 2. One more day to make up my mind to face Kai's music.

I have nothing in my life to look forward to.

My unofficial mailbox, the Aunt Agony one, flickered at me on my laptop screen.

I haven't checked it in a long while.

 

Not to my surprise, my alter ego was more well-received and popular than me.

A whopping 65 new entries, no less.

Dear Aunt Agony,
You are so perfect, I really want to know who you are. I wish I could be you.

I deleted it without hesitation.

Hi there, I don't know if you will reply this, but I want to ask love advice. I'm in love with this drummer boy from our school. How should I get close to him? There's so much competition.

My throat turned dry at this.

I was about to log off when I saw one with an exclamation mark and a flag, with the title as URGENT.

Raerin, I'm so happy you are reading this.

I covered my mouth, gasping.

I still don't have your number. This is the only way I can get to you, so I'm praying you can see this. School is really weird now. People are acting strange. I really wish I could talk to you about it.

I would never do anything to hurt the girl I love, but I must have hurt you and that's why you're avoiding me.

Please tell me what I did wrong. If you really want to, you know, I'm more than ready.

Please give us a chance. I told Mummy about you and she says she'll make special bentos for you everyday. I think she loves you almost as much as I do, already.

I'll wait forever.

Love, Chanyeol

I buried my face in my hands, letting out a strangled sob.

I did love him. I knew the answer in my heart, for a long time already, but the pain I was feeling now merely confirmed it all.

I love you too Chanyeol, I really do. 

What should I do?

I blinked my tears away. What would Aunt Agony do?

For once, I pushed aside my emotions and tried to rack my brains, pretending that someone writing to me had the same problem as me.

Dear Aunt Agony,

I am at a loss for what to do. I think I am in love with Park Chanyeol, the school's biggest dork. Except! He isn't now... He's... the hottest thing since sliced toast now. 

My fingers hovered over my mouse in uncertainty, but I continued anyway.

Kai, this evil devil spawn who happens to be my ex, managed to catch footage of me trying to seduce Chanyeol (a bid to get him to think I was cheap and disgusting... it didn't work, fortunately or unfortunately)... And I only have 2 days to stop him, if not I have to seduce HIM or he will tell my best friend Kyungsoo, or THE SCHOOL. It's incriminating and my life will be over. Why can't I tell Kyungsoo? Well, my best friend and I... It's complicated. We've been hiding the biggest secrets of our lives from each other only until recently... And I realised our friendship is not as simple as I thought it was. He is unsure about the lifespan of our friendship, making me scared of losing him, because only until recently, he has been my rock and boulder from when I was in elementary school till now. I can't lose him, at any cost. And here's this silly niggling thought I have... I know I'm not close to his ideal type at all... And I definitely don't stand a chance with him...But I realise he's really protective and caring of me, and I can't deny I really like it. And I know we're best friends, but his behaviour has really changed a lot since high school. Am I imagining things? Do I really want to know? HELP!

 

 

I exhaled after typing that out in one rapid burst and taking a deep breath, I re-read the paragraph, this time as Aunt Agony.

 I think I am in love with Park Chanyeol, the school's biggest dork. Except! He isn't now... He's... the hottest thing since sliced toast now. 

I stared at that line and then with a hollow thud of my heart, it hit me.

Dear reader, you were just a victim of circumstance, except that you no longer are, my brain rattled off logically, because now there are no social implications being with Park Chanyeol. 

So what's holding me back?

You cannot compromise on your principles and seduce the devil spawn. I understand your fear, but you have to tell Kyungsoo the truth about what happened. I'm sure if he is your best friend, he will understand your intentions. Since Kai was your ex, I'm sure also that he will have a little mercy for you, no matter how little it is. Explain to him earnestly and get him to delete out of his own accord, and maybe you two can be friends. 

And as for your best friend Kyungsoo... I suspect he's been the one holding you back all this while regarding Chanyeol. 

Wait, what am I thinking?

But I can't help but think I'm correct.

I sound like I fancy Kyungsoo but I'm trying to play it off, from what I wrote.

And it's probably why I'm scared to let Kyungsoo know about what I did.

I swallowed in my realisation and summoned the courage to check one of the many Kakao notifications I have.

do_kyungsoo93: It's not what you think, Rae, it's all a misunderstanding. I swear this time when I see you, I will make it all clear to you. Please call me back, okay?

I felt my insides churn. Was I right about my self-indulgent hunch? The thought of Do Kyungsoo, my bestest sidekick, my partner in c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter