Death.

Dad, Pluck Up Courage! [HIATUS]

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________

 

Death

Did you ever wonder what it felt like? What will happen after you left everything behind? Did you ever? Let me tell you: it's strange. You wonder how I know? Here is a fact you don't know: I died. A long time ago. You feel scared but freed at the same time. You think about everything and nothing. Confusing? Then let me tell you my story. The story of a girl who never thought she will leave the world earlier than expected. The story of a father who was never given a second chance before. Fate can turn friends to enemies. It's funny and simple as that.

 

 

A day in January.

There was nothing bizarre. Everything was like every other day. Going to school, coming from work, no difference at all. Still, a certain tension filled the air. The noise of the ticking clock sounded loud and uncomfortable in the kitchen. No music reached out of the radio. Different. A family of four sat on a wooden table. Slurping coffee, smearing bread, chatting. The most normal thing on earth.

Dad, can you give me the jam? Thanks.”

Mum, did you saw my black shirt? It wasn't in the wash.” - “I told you to bring it down earlier.”

The whining of a child whose favourite clothes was not waiting for her. Something everyone experienced. “You can wear it tomorrow,” the only man in the house tried to console his youngest daughter. He was a responsible business man and spent more hours in his company than at home. In his early forties he worked hard to afford their living expenses and the eccentric wishes of three women. He was a proud man. To admit faults was not his forte. A flaw he did not saw.

But I want to wear it now,” the previous girl insisted, pouting at her father. She liked to be updated about everything and everyone. Her interest in fashion was more than a hobby. Being sixteen years old and the youngest she was the 'little princess' of her father. At the peak of puberty, doing what she had to do to get what she desired. Ambition was her best friend.

Just listen to your father, Jessica,” the woman beside her commanded. Ten years younger than her husband she gave still off the aura of youth and confidence. She set a high value on well-groomed appearance and watched the contact her daughters had carefully. She focussed on having a good carrier, so the children were growing up after the principle 'Who strives for the highest archives at least the higher.'

As if she ever listens to him,” the other girl at the table snorted. She got a scolding look from her mother. “Behave, Younha. Remember your manners.”

The girl rolled her eyes but nodded never the less. She was older by two years, has not decided what to do in the future, lived by the day and felt jealous over her younger sister. She liked to be alone and with friends. Full of contradictoriness – same as everyone else.

That was me.

I have to go,” the man stated and got up. “See you at diner.” He gave the girls a kiss on their heads and intended to peck his wife on the lips but she turned away already and grabbed her own keys. “Be good at school,” she reminded her daughters before leaving the house, soon followed by her bewildered husband.

 

__________

Note: the first six? seven? chapters are more of a short introduction, you could say. The real story starts after that.^^