Heartbreak

My Heart Belongs To You

LUNCH TIME.

 

“Suzy!” Chunji called.

 

Suzy looked back.

 

“Let’s have lunch together.” He said and entwined his fingers with hers.

 

Suzy’s eyes widened. She tried to take her hand but Chunji just wouldn’t let her.

 

“What are you doing?! Someone might see us and I assure you, this would be a big news!” She exclaimed still trying to take her hand away.

 

“Let them. That would be better.” He grinned and pulled her closer to him then started to walk.

 

Suzy could feel the killing looks of her schoolmates because of jealousy.

 

“I could kill you for this!” She hissed.

 

Chunji just gave her a sheepish grin.

 

They sat on a table for two after buying their food.

 

“I couldn’t eat like this.” Suzy said, not bothering to touch her food.

“There are lots of children who experience hunger, but you who has been already treated to lunch, won’t eat the food? That would just turn into a waste if you don’t eat that.”

 

Suzy felt the urge to take back what she said. She wasn’t being picky. It’s just that, she doesn’t like it when people look at her while eating.

 

“If you’re comfortable eating while other people are looking at you, well, not me.” She stood up.

 

“Ya! Ya!” Chunji tried to hold her arm but she moved it away.

 

She went to the school park and sat under a tree.

Just then, she felt someone sat beside her. It was L.Joe.

 

“Hi there!”

 

“Oh, hello.”

 

“Do you have a problem?”

 

“None. It’s just that… I don’t get Chunji’s actions.” She let out a heavy sigh.

 

“Oh… You like him, don’t you?” He asked with a teasing tone.

 

“What?! No!”

 

“Why are you being defensive?”

 

“Ugh! You aren’t helping me!”

 

“Seriously, you guys should be honest with yourselves.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Nothing! ‘Gotta go, don’t forget about the musical later. Bye!” He said then ran.

 

She shrugged her shoulders.

 

CHUNJI’S POV.

 

Do they have a relationship or something? He asked himself.

 

And they’re going to a musical. She doesn’t know him at all but she’s going with him!

 

He felt the urge to smash L.Joe on the face.

 

END OF POV.

 

He walked away then he saw Jiyeon coming his way.

 

“Chunji, are you going to the musical later?”

 

“Yes. ‘Wanna come with me?”

 

“Sure! My friends can’t come that’s why I was looking for someone to come with me too… hey, why do you have two tickets? Do you plan on taking Suzy with you?”

 

“No. This other one was given by some girl out there.”

 

“Oh, ok. See you later!”

 

“Ok.”

 

After class, Suzy went home and looked for a comfortable dress she could wear.

 

At exactly 5:30 PM, L.Joe arrived at their house.

 

AT THE VENUE.

 

Suzy and L.Joe was walking when they saw Chunji and Jiyeon.

 

“Hey, dude!” L.Joe called Chunji. The two looked at their direction.

 

Her heart broke into pieces when she saw Chunji’s hand on Jiyeon’s shoulder.

It was a sweet gesture she wished Chunji have done to her.

 

“Do you have a relationship or something?” L.Joe asked, teasing.

 

Suzy want to kick L.Joe’s face when he asked that. She isn’t prepared for his answer.

 

“We understand each other well and we’re both a campus idol.” He answered.

 

Yeah, and that means you two have a mutual understanding, is that right? Suzy almost exclaimed.

 

She felt her eyes getting hotter because of what’s happening.

 

“E-Excuse me, I think I need to use the ladies’ room.”

 

“Ok.” L.Joe answered.

 

She walked as fast as possible. She doesn’t want to have an audience while crying her heart out.

 

After gaining back her composure, she went out of the ladies room.

 

She saw Chunji waiting in front of the theater’s door.

 

“L.Joe went home because an emergency came up. He said you should watch the musical even if he’s not here.”

 

She just nodded. They went inside. Jiyeon was sitting between Chunji and Suzy.

 

As much as Suzy want to enjoy the musical, she was bothered by Chunji who was then placing his arm into Jiyeons’s exposed shoulder.

 

She should’ve worn a sweater or brought a scarf. She said in her mind.

 

After the musical, Chunji offered her a ride but she declined it. The scene she witnessed inside the theater is already enough.

 

She decided to take a bus.

 

Now I know what those actions mean. Those were nothing. NOTHING!

 

She wanted to cry that very moment but afraid to get an attention that’s why she did her best to focus on the things she could see on the road.

 

She thanked God for she arrived safe at their home. After taking her shoes off, she went straight to her room and there, she cried a river.

 

That night was the longest night she had experienced.