Final: Assurance

Which Team?

Kibum had never seen his young friend so happy in all the years he knew him. When he and Taemin were assigned the same room and the boy came out as gay to him first, Kibum definitely knew they were going to be fast friends. Somehow though, over the course of things, they became better and better friends till it was more like family. Kibum always wanted someone like a little sibling, but who knew that the person who presented the opportunity would be more like a child to him than anything. Given that relationship between them though, Kibum always knew that there was something Taemin was hiding under the surface. True, the youth smiled, but even Kibum knew during their first year together that it wasn't genuine.

So when Taemin first came home after visiting Minho with the real smile on his face and twinkle in his eyes that went deeper than anything else, Kibum knew things were good.

Over the course of the next few days, Kibum began to witness things between the two boys. He saw Minho shuffling around awkwardly by Taemin's locker at the end of the day till the younger came and they giggled together. When they thought no one was looking they'd quickly interlock fingers and part as soon as anyone came near. It also wasn't uncommon to see them eyeing each other openly from across the cafeteria. It was the kind of sickeningly sweet stuff that Kibum would never do with Jonghyun, and the kind of stuff that would usually annoy him into oblivion, but seeing Taemin light up made him forgive the cheesiness.

"So, when are you going to spill the beans about you and golden boy?" Kibum asked nonchalantly on Jonghyun's lap while Taemin sped through a text with a smile. He looked up, shocked. Both Kibum and his boyfriend mocked the look of shock at each other then erupted into a fit of laughter.

"You two really aren't subtle", Jonghyun said with a laugh, pulling Kibum close. "We could literally do this is the middle of class and still less out than you two." They did a quick kiss to emphasize. 

Taemin blushed. "But we just . . ."model

"Just look at each other like you're the whole world?" Kibum interrupted. The youngest buried his face in his hands. The older softened a bit. "Look Taemin, it's cute. Probably the most gag inducing cute thing I've seen, on par with a puppy wrapped in rainbows dunked in sparkles. I just want to be there with you. I'm basically like your mom here. Tell me if you kissed yet, what he's like, if he's the one?"

Jonghyun gave supportive nods. He wanted to know too.

Taemin softened up. "He gave me a peck on the corner of my mouth and that's it, but I honestly think he is the one."

He thought about the boy who hugged him close and made him feel like he was everything. He loved Minho so much in the short time they were together that he was unable to remember what not being in love was like. What was it like not having hands to always find his, a back to lean on or lips to shyly meet his own?

Suddenly while Taemin was lost in the bliss of his thoughts, a text came through.

It was from Minho and read: "Meet me at the front of the school."

It was as dark and way past curfew, but the boy told his friends and quickly brushed out. He heard Jonghyun mocking him as he left, saying he'd pretend to be Taemin of the mom tiers came and checked on them. He was annoyed, but too giddy at the same time to care as he snuck through the hallways to the courtyard.

It was black outside except for a few streetlights. No Minho.

Taemin waited, then heard loud vulgar playing in the distance. He looked down the street and saw bright car light approaching. He grimaced and looked up at the school. Hopefully that person wouldn't wake everyone up. He shrugged and looked back down to see Minho standing across the street wearing a suit and holding a bouquet. 

Without looking the young man ran towards his boyfriend.

Taemin could barely even move his mouth before the a loud sickening crash was heard.

Everything else was a blur.

 

. . . 

 

It seemed like men always questioned Taemin why he had a promise ring and no significant other at least once in his time knowing them, but it was a bit hard to say he was promised to a man who had been unconscious on and off for about a year and a half. He usually told them that his boyfriend was out of town so they wouldn't delve too much in his personal life. He just wanted to watch over Minho quietly without the intrusion of all the other guys.

He liked visiting his boyfriend every single day and making sure he was being treated well by the nurses and checked on by the doctors often. He liked monitoring when he woke up even though he always seemed to miss it and when he was estimated to start improving.

The car crash weighed heavily on him.

It was going to be an event for him obviously. He tried to ignore the guilt. He tried and tried but-

Suddenly Taemin's phone rang, interrupting his thoughts. "Get over here as soon as possible." Kibum said in a harsh jumbled mess when Taemin answered.

Taemin didn't even hang up, but started running to the nearest street. He flagged down a taxi and told him to step on it. He gave the driver a large amount of money over the actual price, but let him keep the change. The elevator was busy so he rushed up the steps till making it to the floor where his boyfriend waited.

Taemin didn't hesitate when walking into the room where Minho sat, but froze when he sat him. Up and awake. Dark hair shaggy and uneven in his eyes. Mouth forming a smile.

Taemin ran to him.

They more than kissed. They met all over again, they spoke about dreams and fears and worries while getting assurance, they said I love you a million no- two million times. Through the kiss they were born again. 

They looked at each other and said nothing. The moment was too precious to ruin.

Team in used to wonder which team Minho played for but realized it didn't matter as long as they played for each other.

 

Pinku pinku mobile

I'm so sorry for prolonging this for so long then finishing it so quickly. But it was time.

Thank you so much for everything. I'll do Vetter in the future. Also check out my other stuff sometime. :))))