Devious

Which Team?

Although Taemin didn't remember falling asleep, he knew he was dreaming. He felt like a kid again because he knew someone's arms were around him, perhaps carrying him and he heard the echo of voices in his dream. He definitely heard Kibum laughing which made him feel happy in his sleep and a deeper kinder voice whispering things to him. He was half in reality and half in fantasy where his judgement was concerned so hugged close to the person holding him. In his dreams he was in a hammock on a beach where a merman with Minho's face hugged and kissed him.

 

. . . 

 

He woke up much later.

"Are you up?" A husky voice asked gently when Taemin slowly brushed sleep out of his eyes and stretched out of the warmth he'd been in. 

Taemin jumped and frantically rushed away when he saw whose embrace he had been sleeping in. Before him was a messy looking Minho, wearing small dark shorts and a tank top that exposed his muscular arms. His dark hair was fluffy as he lifted it from the pillow, but it framed his face cutely. His face was also a bit puffy making him look almost like a kid when he smiled at Taemin's reaction.

"I'm guessing that's a yes then", Minho said, propping himself up.

Taemin looked down in embarrassment. His cheeks were burning. Why was Minho in his room? More importantly, why were they in the same bed, all tangled into each other like they did something . . . immoral . . .

Minho reached out to lightly touch Taemin's red cheeks with a laugh. "Thinking something dirty are we?" He asked while smirking. Taemin shook his head, but looked up to the older with questioning eyes. If they didn't do anything then why were they in such a compromising position.

Minho understood the look and answered, "Kibum wanted some alone time with Jonghyun if you catch my drift, so I opted to take you to my room instead where it'd be less noisy". He made a wide gesture at the room which Taemin finally realized wasn't his.

It was surprising that it even belonged to East House. It was huge with large windows that let in sunlight and had a view over the pool behind the house. There was an actual kitchen instead of a mini fridge with a microwave on top of it that most boys got. There was even a nice looking bathroom in the corner. It looked more like a nice condo than the tiny dorm rooms the rest of the boys got. Taemin even realized the fluffy bed they were laying on wasn't like the single matress bunk beds he and Kibum had- it was queen sized.

"Having good grades and a coach for dad gets you nice things", Minho said with a shrug. He sat up in the bed and used Taemin to steady himself as he slid off the side.

"Come on. You must be hungry". Minho went off to the kitchen, tying his hair up as he went. The tank top rolled up a bit to reveal a strong lower back peeking, leaving Taemin to swallow hard and follow behind from a distance.

He was speechless.

He slept with Minho in the same roo., in the same bed, in his arms.

If he wasn't sure just how much he liked Minho blinked before, the situation now surely affirmed it for him. He could barely even think straight. 

"What would you like to drink- I have water bottles, orange juice, banana milk and even coffee to share even though I think you're too young to drink any." Minho said while Taemin stood in the archway of the kitchen.

"I'll have banana milk", Taemin said quietly. It was embarrassing to be babied, but he supposed with his tastes, he was like a baby.

Minho gave a cute smirk like he knew that would catch Taemin's eyes and threw him a small pack of the banana milk then turned the stove on to make toast. He looked back at Taemin a few times who was awkwardly standing in the archway drinking. He promptly left the stove and pulled Taemin by his arms to sit down at a small table just off of the kitchen.

"Relax Taemin-ah, I'll take care of breakfast for you", Minho said sweetly.

Taemin nodded. He felt like the lover of the leading man in a movie, getting the princess treatment, being somewhat dotted on and feeling loved all around. He could get used to living with Minho instead of Kibum who more often left a few dollars on Taemin's desk to buy something from a fast food place or a note jokingly telling him to bully a meal off of a first year.

The only thing that would help the situation exponentially is if they were actually a couple.

"Here", Minho suddenly said, walking in with a plate. It had the toast cut in little squares, Brown sugar topped it. "You're sweet so this is an ode to you."

Taemin suppressed his blush for that comment, but couldn't quite do the same when Minho fed him a piece with his fingers. The warm pad brushed his lips, and Taemin stiffened up. He couldn't take it anymore.

"Why are you like this? Do you know something about me?" Taemin asked suddenly. It seemed like Minho ho was teasing him. He had to know Taemin liked him to act like that . . .

"Well, I know you and Kibum are friends, I know your name, I know you're a second year and I know that you like guys . . ." Minho listed off. Maybe it was Taemin's imagination, but it seemed like he smiled a bit when he said the last part.

"Okay, if you know I like guys- how come you're so friendly with me?" Taemin asked, getting to the point. "I mean, most straight guys avoid gays like the plague. Why are you so different?"

Minho wasn't looking at Taemin because he was arranging the squeaked on the plate, but answered without hesitation, " Who says I'm straight . . .?"

Oh my god.

Taemin stood up and Minho blinked like he realized what he said and started a loud fake laugh. "You are so clueless Taemin. I can't believe you believed that!" Minho hurried back to the kitchen while muttering something about the stove.

Taemin couldn't believe what he'd just heard. There was no way Minho was playing with him, it was obvious he really knew what he was saying.

It was quiet for a long time when Minho's voice, a forced brightness despite the slight trembling, called in, "Okay, so I lied. But not really. It's called bi-curious, Okay?"

Taemin's heart sped up.

If he was bi-curious then that meant Taemin had a chance. He was officially on the same playing field as any girl.

He thought about the all boy's school they went to.

Oh.

That meant he was on the same level as all the guys.

Knowing Minho, he probably wasn't only bi-curious in theory. He probably had a moment with another guy. He probably met a guy that made him question himself enough to change his orientation. The way Minho acted seemed flirtatious like he himself had either dished that act out or taken it from the guy who theoretically existed. That guy of theory maybe even went to the school.

Suddenly- the door to the room opened.

"Oh hyung!" Minho said with a bright smile. He ran back and embraced the person. 

Again?

It was Jinki, tightly embracing Minho, rubbing his back like they were more than friends.

Things suddenly clicked for Taemin all too fast.

Kibum and Jinki had been dating, but Minho took Jinki and Jonghyun comforted Kibum. That was why the relationships seemed so tense amongst all the third year friends. That was why it seemed like Kibum was a little bit tight with Minho and Jonghyun didn't act like his usual self. That's why Jinki left the party as soon as possible, as not to see both men at the same time and why Kibum pushed Taemin to pursue Minho while acting like he didn't know anything. He wanted Taemin to seduce Minho, tell Taemin that he was a cheater so they'd break up and leave both Jinki and Minho single for revenge.

It was devious.

It wasn't very Kibum, but who knew? The Kibum Taemin knew and roomed with was hated for a reason and definitely different from the Kibum that he'd briefly met at the party.

Taemin got up to leave.

Jinki noticed him and said, "Oh, I didn't know you had a guest Minho. We can plan again for another time."

Minho's eyes shot back like he'd forgotten Taemin was there. He made an apologetic face as if to beg for help.

"I was just leaving anyways", Taemin said, leaving Minho smiling.

He pushed passed Minho and Jinki.

He had to find out the truth from Kibum.

 

 

I feel as though I've been gone for quite awhile.

Your patience has given me time to finish my other stories- do u know what that means?

I can pay more attention to yoouuu