Taxis and Parties

Which Team?

Taemin had to resort to calling a cab even though he had no idea where he was going because Jonghyun usually let him drive his car, but they had taken it. 

It surprisingly didn't take long to get the service he called to come, but Taemin felt self-conscious when he had to give an a dress to the driver who was actually only a bit older than himself. "I'm sorry, but I have no idea where my friends actually are . . . I'm just looking for a party."

The driver turned around to reveal a young, friendly face. "Oh! I recognize you! You hang out with Kibum now!" The cab driver said with a grin. He took off his hat and shook Taemin's confused hand. He elaborated,"I was Kibum's roommate before you come to the school. My name is Jinki and we used to be like best friends." The older guy, Taemin realized, was probably only a year older than Kibum. He felt embarrassed though. The way Jinki was making it seem, albeit not meanly, made it seem like Taemin pushed him out of the picture.

Jinki noticed the look on Taemin's face and quickly added, " No- I mean we're still friends, we're just not roommates anymore especially with him being busy with the boyfriend and stuff. I still go to the school too, I just live in the South House now."

"Oh, okay," Taemin said, feeling more uplifted by Jinki's nice attitude.

"You said you were looking for a party?" Jinki continued, pulling the car into drive. " Its been awhile, but we used to go to our friend Aoora's birthday parties around here. I couldn't make it this year but I'll take you to see."

Taemin smiled again. He definitely liked Jinki. He was kind of awkward but really nice and helpful. He was also the polar opposite of Kibum, making it hard to see them as friends, but even Kibum was a dorky innocent first year at one point. Maybe since Jinki was even older than Kibum, he watched out for him. He referred to Jonghyun as "the boyfriend" though. Maybe there was a history there.

Taemin didn't let his mind linger on that though, they had arrived at the surprisingly close house party. It was still daytime but muffled music blared from inside the tightly sealed house and a large horde of people stood on the balcony making out and feeling each other up. "This has to be the place, because that's his car!" Taemin exclaimed, pointing at the beat-up old car with rainbow music notes stuck on the back window.

Jinki parked and got out with Taemin. "Aoora's pretty exclusive about his parties, so I'll help you get in", he kindly offered. Taemin agreed and let the older lead him around the side of the nice house to a tiny door. He knocked on the door a few times and a young guy only about as tall as Taemin himself answered the door.

He was wearing a long red wig and a leotard with high boots. Make up was smeared in his face. "Happy birthday Aoora!" Jinki announced with a grin. Aoora said thanks but grimaced at the party behind him. "Hey Onew, are you here to pick up Bummie? He's been crying in the corner for like an hour." The scantily dressed man said, addressing Jinki and Kibum nicknames Taemin had trouble understanding. 

"Yeah," Jinki answered. Taemin noticed his demeanor was a little less friendly and more sharp when talking to Aoora, almost like he knew he couldn't be soft with these people. His stance was a little taller, eyes a bit more direct. "Do you know where his boyfriend is?"

Aoora looked confused. "No but aren't you-" 

Jinki cut him off. "Me and my friend are looking for his boyfriend since he's so wasted, we'll only be a minute." He pushed past Aoora and pulled Taemin inside with him.

The party was too loud to even think in with music blaring and people screaming, but Jinki didn't seem phased. The more time Taemin spent with the older boy, the more he could tell he actually was apart of this lifestyle.

True to Aoora's word, Kibum was sitting in a corner rocking back and forth over his phone sobbing. Jinki sighed and sent Taemin over to comfort him while he looked around for Jonghyun outside. "He probably wouldn't want to see me", Jinki yelled to Taemin before looking around elsewhere.

Taemin shook off the strange vibe and went to his hyung's side. Kibum barely registered his younger friend, but let himself be led outside the house to the front porch.

When they were able to hear again, Kibum threw himself into Taemin's arms. "We Got into a fight!" He sobbed, talking about Jonghyun and him. Taemin held his friend and listened to him. "Why? What happened?" 

"Because of my old boyfriend . . ." Kibum cried. He flashed the picture on his phone to Taemin and the younger boy stiffened. Well it did make sense, he guessed . . .

It was a picture of Kibum and Jinki together, Jinki kissing Kibum's cheeks in front of a birthday cake with their arms wrapped around each other. Kibum's mouth was mid-surprise but he looked happy.

No wonder Jinki knew where and how to find Kibum.

"Jjong stormed off with some guy because Aoora kept mentioning the picture . . ." Kibum whined.

Taemin didn't know what to say so it was quiet for a moment, but a pained voice came from behind them to differ.

"I wasn't mad because you used to date him." Taemin turned around to see Jonghyun was the one talking. Jinki was just a bit farther behind, looking somewhat accomplished in finding him. He was slowly backing away as if to leave though.

Jonghyun continued, "I was mad because you tried to act like you weren't still in love with him. You tried to act like you were fine you guys were done and happy even . . ." Kibum looked away but Jonghyun came closer and took his face in his hands, "Look Kibum, it's okay to still have some feelings for your ex because we're in love now. Don't feel afraid to let me know about your problems."

Jonghyun pressed a kiss to Kibum's mouth and Taemin smiled.

Suddenly a hand grabbed his and he turned around again, and almost yelled when he saw it was Minho.

What was he doing off of campus? What would be think of them being off campus when he just said he would look after his friends? Most importantly, would be tell on them?

"So this is watching out for them, huh?" Minho said with a slightly amused smile on his face. "I saw you leaving earlier and decided to follow you. I didn't take you for the type to sneak out to parties to illegally drink . . ."

"I didn't leave for fun, I promise!" Taemin insisted. He pointed to Jonghyun and Kibum who were both looking at Minho with a question. "I was making sure they were safe!"

Minho nodded consciously with feigned solemnity and rubbed Taemin's shoulder. "So you're telling me you didn't come to a party to have fun with your friends?" Minho asked. Taemin gave an actual serious nod of confirmation.

Minho broke a smile and a light chuckle, raffling Taemin's hair. "Okay okay, I believe you."

He looked at the other two boys. "Come on then, let's get back to school before anyone notices we're gone."

Minho had his own car that everyone piled into.

Kibum and Jonghyun in the back holding hands and kissing while Taemin sat in the front seat with Minho.

Minho had his hand on Taemin's thigh while he drove and he missed the warmth when he had to move his hand. He really liked Minho. He liked him a lot. He liked it when he touched his shoulders or thighs or ruffled his hair and even his slightly condescending smiles. Even if he never knew the meaning behind the attention he was getting from Minho then he would at least be happy being close with him.

Through his own beating heart, he didn't hear the drums in the older boy's chest next to him.

 

 

This seems like the end but it's not

Onew was once apart of Keys diva crew and his ex-bf

More 2min next chapter. I promise.