Together

Which Team?

"You think I would seriously set up a plan that intricate that would ultimately screw you over too?" Kibum questioned when Taemin was done telling him of what he thought was going on.

The third year was laying on Jonghyun's lap using his phone while partially listening to the younger boy. Jonghyun merely started laughing when Taemin was done. He didn't believe Taemin thought Kibum was capable of doing anything so drawn out.

"Yes it's true Jinki and I were dating and kind of left off on not so great terms, but it wasn't because Minho stole him away. When I told you the gossip that he was maybe gay, I was finding out for the first time too", Kibum admitted. Jonghyun added, "I knew Minho was hung up over some guy- I just didn't know who. Trust us little pup, nothing was set up."

Taemin took a deep breath. It was relieving that Kibum wasn't really in it to set him up. It was weird how everything worked out though.

Kibum's old flame and Taemin's new one were in some kind of relationship. Had he gotten with Minho or tried to steal him away, would Kibum watch things as they were and let them play out till he really was in the center of a devious plan or help him out of it right away?

Kibum " looked away from his phone and saw his younger friend looking hesitant to accept the truth, so tossed the device aside and sat up. He reached over and grabbed Taemin's hands.

"Look. I would never do anything to purposely hurt you, okay?" His eyes were so sincere, flooding with a care Taemin hadn't seen in a long time. "It hard having men in your life. It's hard living with them and living without them and it's especially hard being expected to know them just because we're men too." He squeezed Taemin's hands. "We're different Taeminnie. Because of that, we have to be there for each other. No matter how much crap I say about people, I would never sell you out to get petty revenge. So if you feel like you can, go get him from Jinki and Ill stand behind you. If you can't then don't, ill still be behind you."

Taemin felt himself tearing up. Kibum hugged him.

It had been hard on Kibum. He was brave being one of the first students to come out in his middle school and the dislike of his perceived cockiness transcended over to highschool. To retaliate he had to be strong and sharp. He had to spread rumors to be those things. Underneath it all though, Kibum was caring and motherly. He was the only person who took care of Taemin.

"I'm going to go get him," Taemin said with firm resolution. If he failed an was painfully rejected. He knew where to come back to.

As he got up to leave, just before leaving he looked back one more time.

Jonghyun had come over to gently hug his boyfriend. Kibum looked happy and safe.

 

. . . 

 

Taemin marched through the halls till he was back at the front of the dorm room. He knocked twice, weakly.

Somehow all his confidence had drained in the walk over. He ft like a home wrecker or something. He was going to turn around and leave, but suddenly the door swung open and Minho peeked out. His face lit up as soon as he saw Taemin.

"I'm glad he came back, he's gone now!" Minho said, gesturing the younger to come in. "My brother always wants to eat together with family like it's some sacred ritual or something."

Taemin stopped in his tracks.

"Brother?"

"Yeah. Jinki is my step brother," The older explained to Taemin. "People judge us because we're close, but he's my brother now so there's dear nothing between us." Minho laughed at Taemin's face. It was always like this. Other people never approached him because he did everything with Jinki nowadays and when people saw two good looking men holding hands or hugging or anything like that who obviously weren't biologically related- their minds immediately saw them as a couple. Their dad advised them on being a little more discreet, but Minho liked the attention.

"I honestly like being with hyungs in general. They're good to me," Minho admitted with a shrug.

Taemin and most of the other students didn't know, but on his team, he was known as a hyung for kissing up to the superior and older guys. He co u d himself comfortable in sitting on their laps and flattered by their affections. There were a lot of students his age or you her at the school so nobody knows we how he was, but if they did, then there would be no question of his feelings towards men.

"So the whole time . . .," Taemin wondered aloud, thinking back to all the times he had thought about the nature of his relationship with men. Not only was he biual, but he was interested in older men who treated him.

Taemin could definitely never be a hyung q Minho in age or availability. He wasn't strong, large or masculine. Even though he hated when Kibum tried to categorize everything about being gay, he had to honestly admit he was the girl in the relationship. He was a tiny bottom that woke up to nice guys offering to cater to his whims even he didn't necessarily want that. He was the one that was catered bridal style and swung around like a child.

In seeing it now though, Minho was a bottom by nature too.

He seemed helpful and athletic because it was fine to be, but romantically, he wasn't looking at Taemin.

The younger felt saddened. 

"You seem upset," Minho said pointedly. "I thought you would be happy Jinki was my brother."

Taemin's eyes shot up.

"Did you think I didn't realize you liked me?" Minho laughed. "I knew you were looking at me since you first came to this school as a kid."

Taemin thought back to when he came to orientation at the school when he was only twelve, the same year he really started realizing his feelings for guys. Seeing Minho, only a year older than him at the time, but mature with a poised stance and beautiful features rear set Taemin over the point of no return. He knew he wanted to marry a boy. That boy to be exact.

How had Minho known?

Minho read Taemin's look and said, "Do you honestly think you were discreet with your looks and cute reactions when I talked to you?"

Taemin's hands flew to his face in embarrassment. How could he have been so obvious? Why didn't Minho say something before? Better yet, why did he say anything at all?

Minho took Taemin's hands from his face and pressed his own hands to the small young man's cheeks instead. Taemin looked up, agonizingly embarrassed. Minho noted it was cute before saying.

"I'm actually willing to be in a relationship with someone more like you," Minho said thoughtfully. It was true that he liked older men, but he liked cute girls. Taemin was definitely cute so maybe . . .

The older, who despite his get up of being cool, pressed an awkward kiss to Taemin's puckered lips between his hands.

The younger nearly choked from surprise as Minho spun away. "I just think it would be interesting if we were to try and date."

What was Minho doing? No, Taemin could barely even grasp what he was doing as everything was moving too fast. He didn't even register he said a weak, "okay". Earning a big smile from the older.

He had no idea what was happening.

 

 

pinku pinku mobile

Because Minho is actually the most awkward nerd baby who would

Hyung actually likes girly girls so a girly dongsaeng should work?

This was a wild ride start to finish . . .