Sorry

Which Team?

There was a rumor that Choi Minho came out as gay to his father while running laps around the soccer field as he always did to train for games. The busy week the rumor came out, which was later said to have actually been tossed around for a few days among the students who heard before telling, was relentlessly hot and humid. However, the weather made it easier to imagine. Minho in his gym clothes, his strong legs pumping and forehead dampening with sweat as he called up to his coaching father with every lap.

Once around, "Dad, I-." "Coach", the older man would correct as he left. Twice around. "Coach I-" Another full lap. "Like boys!" Then maybe he'd go a bit slower the next lap, perhaps trying to gauge his father's reaction from afar. The coach would open up his mouth as if to say something serious, then belt out, "You said you were gay, not quitting the team, so get back to running!" And Minho would do exactly that.

Or at least that's what Taemin thought would happen. 

Rooming with and spreading rumors with the colorful Kim Kibum and his other queer friends made it easy to speculate who was and who was not gay. Kibum's own boyfriend Jonghyun who came to visit their room at least everyday seemed like a ladies man before Taemin really got to know him and another student named Seo In Guk who liked Kibum's friend Cha Hakyeon seemed painfully straight back before he spilled his secret during a dorm party. There were actually a high number of gay students at the school, and it seemed like the more popular, the more likely. It was to the point where even Taemin, as comfortably homoual as he was, vaguely wondered if everyone, at least in the East building was a little bit questioning.

"Why is such a big shocker to you?" Jonghyun asked. He was lying with his head on Kibum's lap obviously too comfortable to move even though the curfew for everyone to be in their respective rooms was coming close. Taemin sighed. Knowing Kibum's connections, the dorm monitors would probably mysteriously skip over the East building altogether. "Do you like him or something?" Jonghyun poked with a laugh. Kibum looked up from the strand of Jonghyun's hair he had been playing with and enthusiastically asked, "Don't tell me you like the popular, sporty type? Is that the secret of our little Taeminnie?"

Taemin rolled his eyes. "I was just curious about the story is all. I mean, how could he just come out to coach?"

Kibum shrugged. "I don't know, we just heard the coach telling Minho that it didn't matter that he was gay as long he did well on the team." Jonghyun suddenly smiled and pulled his boyfriend's face to his. "Maybe he got caught kissing a guy like this-" The lovey-dovey couple proceeded to giggle and brush lips while Taemin blushed at the thought of Minho kissing someone.

He seemed manly, like someone who would take the lead even in something as simple as a kiss. He also seemed polite though, perhaps a bit romantic, like he could gently take someone up in a powerful kiss.

Suddenly the door was heard unlocking and before Kibum and Jonghyun could break their kiss, the one and only Choi Minho stuck his head in.

"I'm the monitor for tonight just-" he paused and looked briefly at the obviously gay couple and Taemin with a pink blush on his cheeks, seemingly from watching them. He swallowed and continued. "Checking to see where the other person in room 28 was. Now that I found you, would you please-?" He didn't need to continue. Jonghyun was standing up, but he didn't break the kiss with Kibum till the last possible moment, making Taemin so embarrassed that he had to put up his hood to hide his face. He knew that they were just putting on a show for Minho, trying to gauge his reaction, but it was too much.

Taemin glanced back at Minho and noticed he had a soft expression, maybe even longing for a moment, but quickly fixed his face when he noticed he was being looked at.

As soon as he escorted Jonghyun out, Kibum gave an audible sigh and threw himself on his back. "Did you see that look he gave us? He's totally playing for our team. Better eat him up before one of those studs in the West building get him" Taemin felt his face heat up again and whispered, knowing how thin the walls actually were. "Shhh! He might be able to hear you!" The older boy smirked and mockingly yelled out, "Can you hear me baby?" Very vaguely, as if from all the way down the thin halls, a loving yell of confirmation came from Jonghyun. The yells probably woke up the boys around their surrounding rooms as they started yelling from all around and even worse, Minho probably heard. Taemin stormed off to his bed followed by Kibum's amused giggles.

He didn't get angry with Kibum very often, but he was being obnoxious. He would apologize to Minho tomorrow if he got the chance.

Taemin pushed the covers over his head to hide his growing smile. See you tomorrow Choi Minho.

 

 

wow 

so shinee

and so short