The Meeting

24 Hours with Zhang Yixing

 

You frowned at an unknown number in your phone screen. Should I answer it? you think. You didn't usually answer the phone if it was from an unknown number, but today you decided to do it anyway.

"Hello?" you speak on the phone cautiously.

"Is this miss Mei Li?" said the voice on the phone.

"Yes, this is Mei Li speaking. Umm... May I know who am I speaking with?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Zhang Yixing and I'm calling to notify you about the contest." You froze at the name he mentioned. Who? Did I hear it wrong? Is there another Zhang Yixing? Or is it just a cruel prank? There are thousands of thoughts floating around in your mind.

You clear your throat before answering, "I'm sorry, I think I hear you wrong. What is your name again?"

"Zhang-Yi-Xing," he said as he put a stress on every words,"Lay from EXO. I believe the team leader has informed you that the final announcement will be made personally, right?"

"Right." Now that you realize it really is him, it seems that your heart will burst at any moment now. You do remember that the interviewer said it will be made personally, but you think by "personally" means the interviewer will do it, not the star himself.

"So, there will be a meeting to decide the theme and scenarios for the 24 hours we will spend together," spend together, you repeat the words in your head, "Can you make it this Wednesday at 09.00 a.m.? Your plane ticket will be sponsored and our team will email it to you." you snap out of your dream world when he suggest the day and time of the meeting. You can't leave your work behind since you have a deadline on Friday.

"As much as I'd like to take this opportunity," you start, sighing at your own stubbornness, "I'm afraid I can't make it on weekdays. Especially for this week I have a deadline on Friday. I have my responsibility and if I have to throw it away to join this event," you paused, thinking there will never be another chance like this again in your lifetime, "I think I'd hate myself for it. I'm really sorry."

There are no reply from the other side. It seems like it took him a while to process what you just said.

"Then we will do it on Saturday morning and proceed to shooting that night. You will have to come here on Friday night though, is that okay with you?"

You can't believe what you just heard. Did he just adjust his schedule to match yours? You're shaking your head at the thought. It must've been too difficult to pick another contestant at this point of time, you think to yourself. You can't be too happy about it. He must've only seen it as another work.

"I think I can do that. It's a pleasure to speak with you."

"The pleasure is mine."

You can't wait to tell Keyla about this. She must be thrilled and happy for you. I'm so lucky to have such a good friend.

 

***

He can't believe what he just did. Did he just rearrange the meeting's schedule by himself? Even his manager is now staring at him weirdly.

"You usually discuss things like this with us first, it's so unlike you."

He knows that. But somehow he just feels that he has to do this. He'd really like to meet the girl on the phone. He likes the soft tone of her voice. He likes how composed and polite she was despite the fact that she's his fan. Most importantly, he likes how she has a very strong principal, how she put her responsibility first before everything, just like he always did. He can't wait to meet her.

 

***

Beijing is a lot hotter than you thought. Despite the fact that you came here at night, there's still a lot of people outside. You headed straight to the hotel with your temporary manager.

"I'll be with you throughout the event. Just for safety reasons and so you won't get lost. You can think of me as your manager for the time being." The lovely lady smile at you. She's very lively although you can see the obvious eye bags she has. It must've been hard to work in the entertainment industry.

"You know," she says after both of us came in to our room, "I think you will have a really good time shooting this event. Yixing is a very hardworking and warm person, even without the camera around. I've been working with him ever since his debut so I know him very well. Oh, and you can just call me Wei jiejie."

"Thank you, jiejie. I think so too." you smile at the thought of meeting Zhang Yixing for the first time tomorrow.

 

***

You can't sleep much last night. The anticipation of meeting Lay of EXO only grows as time pass by. You stare at the clock, 15 minutes to the promised time and he's still not here. Is he actually tardy? You really hate people who are not punctual. At that moment, the door open followed by a handsome young men who seems to be out of breath.

"I'm sorry I'm late." He said while trying to catch his breath.

"It's okay, you're actually 15 minutes early. I know you came here straight from your movie filming right? Even I'd understand if you're late." said the director.

You look at him in awe. It really amaze you how he can still be running to the meeting location even though he must've been very tired. While you were in a daze, he walk into your direction and seat himself beside you.

"Please to work with you, miss Mei Li." he said that while smilling at you, showing his cute dimple.

"Sure, yes, okay, me too." you can't believe you will be able to see him up close. You can feel your cheek turns bright red. I hope he won't notice it

 

***

Her cheek turns bright red. He can see it clearly thanks to her fair skin. He chuckles as he looks at the script. So she can be embarrassed too, he thinks, how cute.

The script was shorter than he expected. It doesn't specify the things the have to say or do, only the place, the concept, and how the atmosphere should be.

"It's okay, miss Mei Li, just follow my lead." he can see the worry on her eyes. She's like an open book, he can read her thought just by looking at her expression and her action. He hopes he can ease the nervousness, completely unaware of the fact that he is the source of it.

 

***

 

*** Is it confusing to read? If it is I'm sorry >< I just wanted to try a different style from my other story. Please leave a comment, it means a lot to me :D

*** I'm sorry if my representation of Beijing is wrong. I've never been there and I only searched about it on the internet. Maybe you can correct me in the comment section. Thank you.