namjoon/joohyun ┇ candence

somewhere in neverland☀
iII
// CANDENCE.
f3l7xALxT2lbJcXC
KIM NAMJOON ; BAE JOOHYUN
  BANGTAN SONYEONDAN ; REDVELVET

TEENWOLF!AU (1900w)

READ THE AU HERE


+ police!namjoon and journalist!irene

142802929838537370divider.png

"Officer Kim! Officer Kim!"

 

"Officer Kim!"

She finally lost it, her temper. Joohyun knew it, it was her wrong doing for being stubborn—following the police man all the day to gather the information that she needed. This time, the guy finally turned his body to her, causing the lady to jerk her body before the sudden crashing happened. She accidentaly pressed the camera in her hand, which flashed the light right to the called officer.

Namjoon blocked the flash with his hand right away, as he closed his eyes shut tightly. This was one of the reason why he always—and will ever do, hate a journalist because they never consider other's feeling while trying to gather the information. He scrunched his nose, touching the bridge of it with a sigh as the smaller and shorter lady looked at him nervoursly. It wasn't the first time that he refused to gave her any information, also. And she'd been following, no, calling him countless time daily.

He was sick of it, really.

Because everytime his phone rang—it would be from `Journalist Joohyun`.

"Didn't i tell you before that i can't provide you any information?" He stated with a frustated, well more like desparate tone. Instead, the same answer was all he got to hear again. "Why? Why can't you tell me about it?" She definitely repeated the same question from yesterday and the day before, even Namjoon remembered clearly every words and the way her tone sounded on his ears.

"I just can't, Joohyun-sii." He sighed.

"Now.,. can you please stop following me around?"

He didn't want her to follow him around anymore. Namjoon almost, he repeated, almost being caught on her camera. The guy with police attire pushed her from the sideway, his eyes were still on her while his hand patted on to her shoulder countinously. I'm sorry, that was words he wanted to tell—but Namjoon wasn't the type to apologize easily.

"Hey, Namjoon! Can you bring the file to Inspector Choi?"

Seokjin, the other police who happened to be in the room with them called for him. "Okay, i'll take it to him," So, Namjoon left her in daze, afterwards. While Joohyun was still there with her long face—she expected him to surrender after being followed for days, but in the end she was the one who lost. She hated the fact, especially when she needed to write a proper story for the public tommorow about the news spreading in the town. Something weren't right, and she knew it.

The killing game didn't look to be a human's work and even a pyscho.

 

It was something different, inhumane.

 

 ***

 

It wasn't long until Joohyun arrived on her building.

She sat on her cubicles, connecting her camera to her laptop and scrolling through every picture that she had collected during the day. And she stumbled into a photo of the police man she met earlier that day, Joohyun found herself staring onto the picture for more than seconds. Especially after she found out that Kim Namjoon's eyes were bright red—which were not the same like the warm hazel brown that Joohyun remembered.

He was an alpha.

She gulped at the realization.

"Ya, Bae Joo"

Joohyun quickly slammed her laptop before anyone else saw the picture, because none could saw it, ever. She found Seunghwan stared at her weirdly, as if she was doing something weird or trying to hide something from the other journalist (and her very own and self-proclaimed bestfriend). "Were you hiding something?" Seunghwan asked, arm crossed to wait for her answer.

The older shook her head quickly, smiling up at her as she stood from her seat and latched their arms. "I'm... just hungry, yeah, hungry. Do you want some jjangmyeon and tangsuyuk?" She dragged Seunghwan away from the room before she asked more question about the laptop or else. Because Seunghwan was one of the precious people in her life, and Joohyun couldn't let her knew and involved in this case.

 
***


Joohyun decided to call the same number again, the other night.

It was Kim Namjoon's because she needed couldn't get him out of her mind and of course Joohyun needed to call him to ask about the Alpha thing. Why din't i realized it sooner? she thought. Biting her nails as she waited for him to picked up the call, she looked outside her flat. It was dark, and she knew it was no longer save for them to be around. She also needed him to hear her opinion about the killing gameabout the possible myth that the society faced.

"H-hel"

"O-officer Kim, Officer Kim, are you okay?"

For Joohyun, he voice sounded hoarse and sounded like dying. The lady jumped from her seat, she nervously bited her lips until it bleed. Especially after she heard him muttering a word `run` from the other edge of the phone, and she did. She was only on her big tshirt and yoga pants when she run out from her flat, and Joohyun definitely could hear a sound of broken glass from her floor.

Oh God, It was really after her!

 

***

 

She also never knew that she was a fast runner before this. Luckily for her, her flat was only on the third floor and now she ended up in the middle of the empty street. The next things she knew was, that her thought of a wendigo involved in this case was truethat ugly living cannibal were after kitsunes family. Which explain why her relatives been missing and reported to be the victim on her supposed to be article for tommorow morning.

"H-hide," She could hear him faintly commanded her. 

Joohyun followed him, she was only a kitsunea weak and poweless one, and he was an alpha.

There were huge differences between the two, and she'd chose to believe him more than her own choice. And as she run straight toward the next block, thinking that there would be buildings or else that could be a safer place for her to hide. A hand suddenly grabbed her wrist, pushed her back towards the cold walls. Her irises changed into a glowing orange as she thought that her life could be in danger, but when she found out that it was no other than beaten up officer Namjoonit directly changed to the normal black one.

He wasn't in his usual look, actually. There were an hairs (and fur) in some places, eyes glowing red and also sharp fangs. Joohyun never believed that another myth creature like the one in front of her exist before today, but now. She did and a kitsune meeting an alpha werewolf this way were beyond expectation. It was true that they were okay - between the werewolf and kitsune, but who knew that one of them living so close and nearby.

"... I'm glad, you're.....okay," said the guy before everything went black and followed by Joohyun's ear pierced worry screams on that cold night.

 

***

 

His eyes shoot wide open at the realization.

Was he sleeping? Was Journalist Joohyun...okay? Was he

 

He wasn't in his room, and he was more like in motel or else. What the heck is actually happened last night? he thought. Namjoon eyes followed it ways to the source of the opening door, revealing the lady in the same baggy t-shirt and yoga pants that he saw yesterday in front of him. "Oh! Thank's God you're finally awake," said Joohyun as she let out a deep breathe and approaching him.

"Where are we...?"

It took him a few minutes to finally asked her, because no - it's not that he had dirty mind (hey, man are like that!) but the place looked exactly like a motel. And there were only a single queensized bed in the room for them to use. She stared at him for a long time, before nibbling onto her lower lips. "I don't know where is safer from us to hide or your home..." she said, leaning back over the chair she was using.

"I called Kim Seokjin and Inspector Choi Minho too, but no one answered," she explained. "How are you feeling?" And Namjoon realized the dark circle and puffy eye bag under her eyes, she must've not been sleeping all the night. He noticed that the scretches and any marks he'd gotten after fighting the wendigo were gone - as if he never been into the fight in the first place. Now that explain why she looked extra worked up - Bae Joohyun must be a healing kitsune and used her power on him during the night.

The guy sighed, both in relief and in worry. He was worried about his pack - especially after Seokjin and even Yonggi being taken down by the Wendigo yesterday.

Who thought that his own inspector was the wendigo itself?

Dammit!

"Officer Kim?" she asked him worriedly.

"This abandoned motel owned by a relatives, they were also... a kitsune," Joohyun continued - her voice nearly died before she finished her sentence. The owner had been moving a week after the news spreaded among the kitsune family. And she was unsure to reveal the fact about herself and her own groups of kitsune living in Seoul. They were supposed to be undercoverthe oldest said. "So you really are a kitsune," Namjoon stated, nodding his head continuously as Joohyun looked away from him.

"You know all along?"

He nodded. "Why didn't you tell me? So that i could save the others..." her voice filled with pain. He knew it, he was so stupid to not telling her earlier even after he checked on her profile - and asking Taehyung and Jimin to keep their eye on her. "I just thinki just think that you might be uncomfortable if i did it," Namjoon feel stupid and guilty for her.

What if she hadn't called him yesterday? Will she be here with him?

"You're an alpha too, am i right?" she questioned. Joohyun never thought he would nod his head at her question. "How do you know?" he asked. She told him in the end, that she'd always felt that he got an aura and smell like a werewolf - somehow; she didn't understand but she just felt it. And also, because the picture she'd took him yesterday.

She stopped asking, and he stopped answeringthey just sat there in silence to think about what would happened and what would  they did after this. "It's a wendigo," Namjoon said, and Joohyun replied with a `i know`.

"It was Choi Minho," He stopped.

"We, our pack, happened to find him in the end," He just didn't want to believe that the older guy especially someone who he respected so much were the one behind the whole killing game. And now, the next target were someone who he actually knew too. It was Bae Joohyun, and both of them knew it.

"Soon, he'll look out for you," he continued.

A kitsune itself supposed to have a couple of abilities to survive, but after observing the journalist for quite a long time... Namjoon doubt that she had one. The lady weren't being around the other kitsune so much and she didn't even knew how to use any kind of weapon properly; that's from his observation. God! It made him sounded like a stalker, somehow. "I know..." Joohyun sadly replied him, her hand clutched hard onto the end of her shirt.

"I'm sorry i should've killed him yesterday..."

"It's okay, it's not your fault."

 

 

"Stick with me. I'll try my best to protect you," He didn't knew why and what exactly made him say that, it was just his heart telling him to doing so.

142802929838537370divider.png

NOT EXACTLY TEENWOLF BUT SINCE THE UNIVERSE STILL RELATED TO THE MOVIE, LEMME JUST TAG 'EM THAT WAY M'KAY. I LOVE TEENWOLF, Y'ALL SHOULD WATCH EM TO BECAUSE SCOTT MCCALL IS HOT AS HELL AND STILES STILINSKY IS LOVEEEEEEE. I CANNOT NOT L0VE EM. OH AND DO TELL ME IF Y SHIP LYDIA/STILES, BC I DO!!!!

THIS ONE IS FOR ADELLAKRS :") i LOVE YOUUUU HOPE U LIKED IT