Chapter 48: 100th Day (Part 1)

Switch!

 

 

    Kyungri opened her eyes Thursday morning in her room. She woke up happily because the past few days she spent of were filled by love from the persons surrounding her and more importantly, from Kim Jongin. She chose not to go to school yet since it was a big shift when they knew that she was Kyungsoo. It would sound ridiculous if the school would see Kyungri and lose Kyungsoo and explaining things would just complicate things. She also needs courage and get into the process somehow. Kyungri opened her eyes widely as she stood up and walked to her bathroom. She yawned as she saw herself on the mirror. She looked so weak and stiff this morning. She gargled her mouthwash and wiped with her towel.

 

 


"Mrs. Kim Kyungri, good morning!" A loud voice said from the door of her room. She was annoyed with his lover's loud voice early in the morning. She was annoyed and opened the door, seeing the happy face of Jongin. They wore the same PJ’s they bought last night. Jongin was about to hug his girl when Kyungri blocked Jongin's face with her hand.

 

 


"You're really annoying. Did you wash yourself already? Did you cook breakfast? Have you fixed your room? Do that before doing whatever you want." Kyungri pushed Jongin away from her room and closed the door. Jongin knocked again when Kyungri was about to lay on her bed. 

 

 


"I already finished what you have said. I'm going to get -" Kyungri opened the door quickly and gave his boy a morning kiss. It only lasted for a couple of seconds then Kyungri walked downstairs. Jongin was was caught off guard but he liked it. Kyungri was really aggressive on showing her affection, making Jongin blush.
"Where's unnie? Have she eaten?" Kyungri was getting some plates, spoons and forks for the both of them and placed the other set in front of Jongin's place while the dark kid sat.

 

 


"She left already when I finished cooking. She ate almost half of the food I’ve prepared. She sure is something." Jongin laughed. Kyungri got in her seat and started serving herself. Jongin insisted to serve his girl and he let him do it.

 

 


"Thank you, my future husband." Jongin smiled as he served himself. Kyungri started to eat and hummed as soon as she tasted the meal. The fried rice and scrambled egg was cooked perfectly. She realized that his boy finally learned simple cooking. 

 

 


"So, are we going off to somewhere?" Kyungri put down her spoon and fork when he looked at his boy while eating. Jongin chewed softly and looked up to think of somewhere. Actually, Jongin followed Sehun's advice. He gave a lot of his time with Kyungri and they went to a lot of attractions in Korea like Lotte World and live performances of Kpop groups. 

 

 


"I guess we should prepare for tomorrow night’s prom. You should buy your gown and I'm going to buy my formal attire. Our color is black, is it fine with you?" Kyungri played with her food as she remembered that the prom was going to be held and tomorrow was also the 100th day of the spell on her. The wish was going to be heard tomorrow. She didn't know what to wish for since Jongin was fine with the both of them.

 

 


"Let me ask you. Are you happy with the both of us?" Jongin gulped the food on his mouth as he saw Kyungri ‘s serious expression. He didn't know what was bothering her but he answered.

 

 


"Of course. I already have my dreams in life and that is you." Jongin smiled happily but he felt worried at the same time with Kyungri. There must be something wrong but he managed not to talk about it. He wanted Kyungri to stay calm since everything was already fine. Kyungri smiled in return to Jongin and felt somewhat contented. She wished that she was going to be fine after the 100th day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jinri was piling up some papers on her table and gave them to her new secretary since she was the new CEO of the company. She became a big talk in the industry even though she was young for being a CEO and an amateur for her colleagues. When the secretary left the room, she bowed down to Kyungri as she came in to see her sister. "Oh. You came. Need something?"

 

 


Jinri was a bit surprised seeing Kyungri in her office because she thought that she and Jongin was going to go somewhere once again. She was glad that Kyungri was having a good time with his dark boy. Kyungri saw the name stand on her sister's table. Her sister's name was written on the plate and under her name, the title "Chief Executive Officer" was inscribed.

 

 


"Wow. How does it feel to be the CEO of this prestigious company?" They both giggled. Actually, she was really proud for getting the trust of Mr. Kim.

 

 


"It is quite hard but so far, it’s really fun. I'm happy for receiving the biggest break in my life." Jinri was really thankful to the deceased CEO since this obligation was really a big challenge for her. She already encountered some little troubles but it was completely resolved by the help of her cooperative employees.

 

 


"By the way, what brings you here?" Jinri started to look on her sister while resting her hands above the table. Kyungri cleared and sat straight. Actually, she came for a small favor.

 

 


"Can I have the key of our apartment? I'm going to stay there for one night since tomorrow is our prom and I don't want Jongin to see me. I want to surprise him." Kyungri smiled joyfully as her sister quickly agreed with her. 

 

 


"Some of our things, the television and couch are still there. You could still live there but be back at the mansion, ok?" Kyungri stood and bowed to her sister as she left. Jinri felt confident when her sister was back once again but she didn’t lose her being independent. But, she wondered why would those two want to separate for one night. She thought that it was somewhat ridiculous and corny but she let them do it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Sehun and Jongin met in a coffee shop which was one of their family businesses. Jongin paid for both of their frapuccinos. Sehun and Jongin sat on a table, facing each other, while listening to the relaxing music. The brewing of the coffee could be smelled in the entire area. Sehun just got out from school. Luhan left him since he was going to buy his clothes on their promenade.

 

 


"Why did you call me all of a sudden?" Sehun leaned a little to get Jongin's attention. Jongin took a sip from his drink and turned his gaze to Sehun. Before talking, he cleared his throat and sniffed the fresh aroma of coffee in the surroundings and began speaking.

 

 


"I just want to ask a few things about Kyungri. Do you mind if I ask you about her?’ Sehun spat his drink back to its container when he heard Jongin's request. He thought that Jongin was really dumb for asking that.

 

 


"How many times do I need to tell that Kyungsoo and Kyungri are the same?" Sehun raised his voice as the other customers on the other table looked at him. He felt embarrassed since he was really annoyed with his question but, Jongin had a reason.

 

 


"You knew Kyungri more than me so, help me." Sehun clearly heard that Jongin was seeking a help from him. He didn’t expect that from him since they hated each other because of Kyungsoo. But he thought of something. 

 

 


"Hey. Are you treating Kyungri differently from Kyungsoo?" Jongin suddenly stopped drinking his frappe and put it down. His expression changed. Truth is, he was just trying to love Kyungri as much as he did with Kyungsoo. Sehun laid his back and sighed deeply. 

 

 


"You're pathetic. Again, how many times do I-" 

 

 


"I know. I know. I'm sorry but I'm trying to love her." Jongin was pissed off with himself for not understanding the logic between Kyungri and Kyungsoo. Yes, Kyungri and Kyungsoo are the same persons but for him, they were completely different. When Kyungri and him were together, he put a lot of effort to love her too. Even though, it was hard, he wanted to do this for Kyungsoo.

 

 


"You are really weird. Idiot and dumb." Sehun was also stressed with Jongin's problem. Sehun crossed his arms in front of his chest. It is really hard to love a person that you don't really love at all. Why can't he understand that Kyungri and Kyungsoo are the same?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On the other hand, as the night fell, Kyungri was having her own time on the fishing ground that was owned by Jongin's father. She was not really excited for the promenade and she doesn’t know why. It was really cold there since the winter was coming. She wore a thick red jacket with stripped long sleeves inside. Her face was slightly flushed and her lips were slightly numb from the cold. She went here to remember everything between Kyungsoo and Jongin. This place brings back a lot of memories. "Jongin, you tried hard. You were really a great man."

 

 


Suddenly, Jongin was called her cellphone so, she quickly grabbed it from her bag to answe it. Jongin sounded happy while she sounded somber. She was trying hard to speak against the cold temperature outside so her voice was a little hoarse. "Hey Mrs. Kim, are you alright?"

 

 


"No. I'm fine. I'm just outside, amusing myself." Kyungri managed to giggle even though deep inside she felt sad. Pretending to be happy wasn't an easy task.

 

 


"Are you ready for tomorrow's prom?"

 

 


Kyungri looked down since she wasn't planning to attend the prom and wanted to deal with Sarang tomorrow. But she wouldn’t want to leave Jongin alone. "Yeah. You should let me have my beauty rest right now. You should rest too."

 

 


"Okay. Okay. Take care. I love you." Kyungri heard those words clearly and she was hurt. She knew that Jongin didn't really love her, she could sense that his love was only for Kyungsoo. She already knew that Jongin was really dumb just like her. Once, Jongin reminisced and told her of their moments when she was Kyungsoo. Their trip to Namsan, carnival, fishing grounds, and their moment with Taeyong.

 

 


Kyungri put the phone back to her bag as her eyes started to fill with tears. She can see Jongin pushing himself hard just to make her feel happy. She wanted to stop Jongin forcing himself. She wanted true happiness between them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The day the seniors have been waiting for has come. The girls were very anxious to make themselves look more beautiful. Bomi was at the salon and her hair was being washed. She had been relaxing for a while so her face would appear very fresh until the midnight. She had cucumbers over her eyes as she was relaxing. She hummed as the water sprinkled onto her hair to rinse the shampoo. She suddenly remembered her bestfriend so, she told the worker to get her phone and call her bestfriend. The worker reached the phone to Bomi and the other line quickly picked it up.

 

 


"Kyungri! Good Morning! Are you ready for our prom?" Bomi sniffed the smell of the conditioner that was about to be put on her hair. The worker massaged her head once again when Kyungri answered back.

 

 


"I'm actually nervous, how about you? I can say that you’re at the salon. Is now a good time for me to speak with you?" Actually, Kyungri was just eating some salad on their apartment's dining area. Was gathering up the courage for what she’ll do later. She must leave him.

 

 


"Yes, I’m at the salon. I want Joonmyeon to be surprised with how I’ll look tonight. No it’s cool I wanna talk to you," Kim Joonmyeon was his promdate since he wanted to appear beside a high-class person. She thought that her level of beauty would go higher if she would have a promdate like Joonmyeon. “Oh, you’re gonna apply it now?” Kyungri heard Bomi talking to someone at the salon then her friend returns to her, “I gotta go. I’ll see you later." Kyungri knew she wouldn’t see her later but she decided not to tell anything about it.

 

 


"Okay." Kyungri replied and Bomi hung up. Kyungri finished her food and drank a glass of water. The rays of the sun shone down from the half-open window and her appearance could be seen through the silhouette. She was ready to face the night later without anyone. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Jongin was looking on the mirror on his room with Chanyeol who was fixing his hair. He tried a lot of hairstyles but nothing seemed to satisfy his taste Chanyeol was pissed off with his hair and shouted in confusion. Jongin didn't mind and just focused on his attire. Jinri suddenly showed up on the door and looked at Jongin.

 

 


"Everything suits you kid." Jinri leaned her back at the door and Jongin smiled for her compliment. He had a lot of choices in his closet since he attended a lot of family business meeting and he needed to look formal. He finally chose one. 

 

 


"Have you seen Kyungri's gown?" Jinri looked annoyed when Jongin asked him. Actually, she didn't know if Kyungri was ready for the prom. 

 

 


"I haven't seen her gown. I should check up on her later." Jinri looked worried because she haven’t heard from her about any preparations for prom. She didn't even request for some money to buy her gown or just ask her for her opinion about promenades. She felt like she was up to something.

 

 


"Thank you. Please tell her that I want to see her right away." Jinri just smiled. Suddenly, Chanyeol called Jongin for some help with his suit as Jinri walked away and contacted her sister right away. The phone rang but no one answered. There is only one hour left before the promenade. So, Jinri rushed into her car. She was going to see Kyungri on their apartment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


The long wait has come to an end and the prestigious night of classy people were present in the lobby of the famous hotel in Seoul. The boys were all waiting outside to accompany their prom dates. There were the Chinese friends who was wearing high class suits. Kris and Tao already got their promdates while Jongdae and Minseok was waiting for theirs. "Hey. Minseok, try to refrain from eating that bun. We will eat lots of foods later inside."

 

 


"I’m trying hard but I'm really hungry." Minseok chewed another piece from the bun. When he gulped the piece, an elegant car showed up and they only had two people in mind who it probably is. Jongin or Joonmyeon. The door from the back seat opened up and revealed that it was Kim Joonmyeon with his promdate, Yoon Bomi wearing glittery pink gown. Her thin arms were shown off and her beauty was dazzling like never before. 

 

 


"Oh. It's our friends! Hello there." Bomi waved at Jongdae and Minseok as they were shocked on their noisy friend. Their eyes were also sparkling like the girl's gown. Finally, Joonmyeon talked to them, looking for the others. 

 

 


"Where is the royal couple?" The both males shrugged their shoulders when another white car arrived.  The back seat opened and a foot stepped out. Wearing black coat and tie, slocks, and shoes, Chanyeol walked out with shades on even when the sun is down.

 

 


"Ugh. Those sunglasses man!" Jongdae judged Chanyeol's outfit. His long sleeves were the only ones colored white. Suddenly, holding Chanyeol's hand, Baekhyun revealed himself wearing the opposite color of his promdate. His long sleeves were black and the rest of his outfit was white. They said that they really looked cute together specially Baekhyun who dyed his hair blonde for tonight's event.

 

 


Chanyeol and Baekhyun walked through the red carpet and went to their friends. They looked like a couple soon to be married. Bomi clapped as she saw them. A few seconds later, another elegant car came containing the newly born couple, Sehun and Luhan. They looked simple but the sweetness between them was noticeable.

 

 


"They both beat Chanyeol and Baekhyun when it comes to sweetness, don't you think?" Baekhyun glared at him but Bomi agreed with Jongdae. They were really sweet just by looking on their smiles and their hands that were intertwined with each other. They also walked through the red carpet and approached their friends.

 

 


"Why don't you tell us that you two are already dating?" Jongdae blurted out when the two greeted them. Luhan blushed once again and Sehun just giggled. Instead of being awkward, Sehun held tighter on Luhan's hand and answered Jongdae.

 

 


"We're going onto that matter later on." Luhan's heart was about to explode when he heard Sehun's words. He didn't want to expect something from him but he wondered, did Sehun like him back? 

 

 


Futhermore, a familiar car in their eyes arrived in front them and they already know who was inside. But they weren't excited for the boy but for his promdate. Jongin stepped out of his car and gave the key to the parking valet. Everybody was expecting for Do Kyungri's appearance but she wasn't there. Jongin looked good in his all-black outfit. Everyone was struck with awe. "Where's Kyungri?"

 

 


"Jinri noona was going to pick her up. She's on her way to get her." Jongin suddenly felt nervous since he figured out that Kyungri wasn’t here yet. Suddenly, the school director was got the seniors' attention to get inside the hall room. Jongin turned around to see any signs that Kyungri but there wasn't .

 

 


"Kim Jongin, stop worrying. Kyungri’s coming. She might just be a little late." His friend said. Jongin looked around before going inside. He was really worried about his girl. If she didn't come, there must be a reason.