Het!KaiSoo - Aesthetic

--thepeculiarone's Drabbles

Date posted: 12.19.15
Length: 441 words
Warning: hetero relationship


Kim Jongin appreciates beautiful things—flowers, rainbows, and vintage cups among others. But he knows that beauty itself is subjective. Some people do not agree with his obsession for puppies, slippers, and paper bags—and maybe for Do Kyungsoo. It has been a thing for Jongin to wonder why only a few guys approach her when she has this jet black hair, thick brows, wide eyes, and plump lips. Maybe it was her stare. Maybe it was her temper. Nevertheless, Jongin still thinks that Kyungsoo is a masterpiece, an amalgamation of the fine things in the world—the epitome of beauty.

Jongin has a habit of admiring Kyungsoo's back from the farthest seat of the classroom. To be honest, he has never talked to her. He prefers it that way. He keeps reminding himself that appreciating someone is different from liking them. The rumor of him having a crush on her isn’t helping either. Not that they have to talk anyway, they weren't group mates or partners in any project.

Jongin doesn't like Kyungsoo, not romantically at least. He loves her for aesthetic purposes only. Plus, being in a relationship is troublesome for him. He never will have some alone time with himself, reading books or tending his puppies. He has to spare his allowance, too, which he isn't willing to since he needs to buy the whole series of the upcoming books.

But Jongin likes it best when he hears Kyungsoo sing. The perfect tunes harmonizing the perfect melody. He once recorded her singing and set it as his alarm. He was staying outside the glee club, only peeking thru the glass of the door when he did that.

So when their paths collide, Jongin stammers like hell, almost biting his tongue. 

"You're Kim Jongin, right?" Kyungsoo inspects her nails while asking the taller male.

"A-ah, y-yes." Jongin could have cursed himself right then and there. 

"Meet me by the practice room around 4:30 PM. You're free at that time, aren't you?" Kyungsoo moves her doe eyes from her finger nails to the eyes of the person in front of her.

"Y-Yeah. By the way, what are we going to do later?" Jongin's eyes are full of innocence and questions.

Kyungsoo sighs and answers, "I knew you weren't listening a while ago. We're assigned as partners in the upcoming ball."

Jongin's jaw drops and his eyes widens like there's no tomorrow. What has he done to deserve an interaction with Kyungsoo? Oh my god, he's even going to the ball with herthat means he'll have the chance to hold her close and to mesmerize her beauty within face distance.