Two

Love Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 02

 

Present time…

 

Siwon is in his office gathering all the information he needs with his partner Lee Hyukjae about the homicide case that they are in charge of since a month ago. He must admit that only work keeps him busy and blocked from thoughts from the past.

He became a homicide detective who works till late in order to solve his cases. He has a good partner and with him they form the best team.

The case they were working on was really tiring. They had been searching for new information and evidences but they have nothing yet. They were getting really frustrated because they couldn´t find the guilty of the three dead young men (all teenagers) found a month ago. And the worst was that the media was blaming the Police Department for not finding the guilty yet.

He was exhausted. This case was really tiring him.

He loved his work because he could immerse in work and blocked his sad thoughts about his past with Kate. Yes. He has not forgotten her yet. She was still in his heart. But now his heart didn´t ache like before. He had accepted her loss and tried to move on for his daughter Sully. He was very lucky to have his mother and his three brothers who helped him to raise his daughter while he was devastated. They were all a great support in his life. Without them, he wouldn’t have been able to make it.

Siwon still lived with his mom and brothers. The house was huge and comfortable for every one of them. He had his own house too but Sully and he spent just some periods of time there. His mom Lynn, his younger brothers Donghae and Henry helped him very much to raise Sully even though his brothers were very young at that time. That´s why he spends a lot of time in his mom´s house. He feels supported and loved. Sully and he spend some holidays at his mom´s house for having family celebrations.

Sully and he had moved to his mom´s house to spend five days there enjoying of the family environment. Everybody counted on some free days except by Siwon who had to go to work because of his tiring case but he would sleep at his mom´s house those five days. They had planned to do a lot of things together. Sully was so excited with the idea that invited his best friend Kyuhyun to spend those free days with the family.

Sully met Kyuhyun in her first year of College. He is two years older than Sully but even when they share just one or two classes together at College, they shared the same part time job at a veterinary. They made each other very close but she had never brought Kyuhyun to her house before. She had talked to his dad about his best friend but every time Sully talked about Kyuhyun, Siwon never seemed to pay much attention on that. He always seemed to be absent, with his head in other place.

oOo

Siwon woke up from his daydreaming with the sudden sound of his phone. It was the sound of a text message. He was still in his office and it was very late. He looked at the screen and smiled when he saw it was her beautiful daughter Sully. He was so proud of her. She was almost eighteen years old and was already at College.

But then he cursed when he read the message.

Dad, we are all waiting for you here. Have you forgotten our dinner? All the family is gathered here including my best friend. Please hurry up!

“! I had forgotten it!” – Siwon exclaimed, feeling guilty.

Siwon stood up from his seat and went to talk to his partner. He was really tired and frustrated. Hours and hours of investigation about the homicides and they had nothing at all. Any clue.

He said goodbye to his friend and tried to hurry up. His mother and in especial Sully wouldn´t forgive him if he didn´t appear in the family dinner that his mom and her had prepared for all.

oOo

When Siwon parked his car outside his mother´s house, he decided to stay some minutes inside the car just admiring the house he grew and in which he had many memories with Kate. Only looking at the house calmed his stress. He closed his eyes and sighed deeply. Even though he was exhausted, he was frustrated to be alone. Loneliness is a cruel partner and he hated it with all his being. It is true he is lucky to have a family and a daughter to his short age but he feels empty and lonely without someone by his side. Empty without love. Kate have talked in his dreams that she was not destined for him so who was it? He is going to be almost thirty five and feels terribly alone and empty. Sadness and loneliness were destroying his spirit. He felt like crying. And that was he did when he felt some tears rolling down his cheeks. I don´t want to be alone anymore! His heart seemed to cry all the time.

He opened his eyes and wiped his tears away. He looked at the house again trying to forget all his problems and got out of the car. He needed to change his miserable expression for his family even if it was so hard to do because he didn´t want to ruin a family dinner.

Oh God! He died for a shower first…

Once he entered the house, he could hear laughs from his brothers and Sully from afar. He smiled. It was so good to be all together. Spending time here at the house was the best to cure his lonely heart, somehow. He walked to the living room where the voices were heard. They seemed to be so happy. He felt envious of that happiness.

When he approached to the family, everybody stopped talking and focused on Siwon.

“I´m sorry for arriving late but I…” – Siwon was saying but he couldn´t continue. He got speechless and his eyes focused on only one person in the room.

There was a beautiful boy seated on his favorite sofa staring at him with beautiful brown doe eyes. Brown hair, a little bit long. With red and plump lips.

Ehhh? Plump lips? What was he thinking?!!

What the hell was going on? Some hours without sleeping and he was paying attention on a guy who seemed to be just a teenager. He must be going crazy!!!

And what the hell was the boy doing in the house?! Siwon thought while he still watched the boy. He didn´t know what was going on with him but he couldn´t take his eyes off of him. Suddenly he felt a strange electric shock running through his body, from head to toes.

What was going on with me? Siwon asked over and over again internally.

“Dad?”

Only his daughter Sully´s voice could get rid of the trance he was immersed. He hadn´t fel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter