Confused

Death Feather

"Finally no work for you" Krystal appeared on the table of Amber's home who just got up from bed and has her hair still tousled. 

"Why do you love showing up all of a sudden?" For the past days she was getting used to Krystal's sudden appearance anywhere but still she can't help but to jerk and clutch her chest in surprise. 

"Because I am technically a soul and I just pop out from anywhere?" 

"SO what's up?" Amber took a small cup inside the kitchen drawer and started preapring for her home brewed coffee. 

"Just got a soul who died from nervous breakdown, she loves coffee by the way" 

Amber eyed at Krystal and replaced her coffee with milk from the refrigerator. Although it was heavy for her heart to push that coffee away, she don't want to die because dying means being reincarnated with no memories of her past life and thus not remembering these times with Krystal. 

"You pushed that coffee bag away because you don't want to die don't you?" 

"Huh?" 

"Stop acting innocent Amber, I know you were afraid because of the things you already know" 

"I'm not afraid because of that" 

"Then why?" 

"I'm afraid not to remember that I met you" 

Krystal went dead silent right after. Not expecting that response from that human who started to seek in to her inner self and question her principles and views about things, the person who started giving her strange feelings she knew only humans could feel. 

"Now she went quiet" Amber, who wanted to take back all that she said because of the explosive shyness that overcame her successfully thought of a way to battle up what she thought was an indirect confession. 

Amber knew how Krystal went on with her life, her difficulties and how her state was back up in the council and she didn't want to burden her even more with the fact that a human adores her. Well not a human mostly but a half human. 

"I can't think of any rational way to answer that statement" 

"Maybe you can laugh?" 

"I don't laugh without reason, that's plain stupidity. Just like your workmate who loves to smile whom I know was just acting cute even if she's not" 

"I can smile all day long without reason if you're there too you know" 

Again, Krystal went silent. She was pondering on what Amber was trying to say. If it was a way humans flirt with another human and then they would build their own family and love each other but things are just so complicated and she's sure Amber doesn't like her the way she think she does. 

"I don't get it, why do you humans love to smile like that"

"I don't know about others but I would smile all day at someone I like" Amber averted her gaze just not to meet Krystal's cold, piercing eyes. 

She never wanted for Krystal to become awkward and go back on just looking and staring at her from afar, she loved this set up where she could talk to her and laugh and even play along even if her headaches from the constant destruction of her things at the office or even if she'll die of an heart attack. 

It's not just because it amuses her about the thought that she can speak to creatures of another kind but because she grew to love Krystal's prescence around. Weird right? but absolutely satisfying, she never felt this kind of interest among women who loves to throw themselves at her back in college. She never felt this attraction so strong from the first time she saw Krystal looking at her from afar, she never felt so complete just by this simple and cold interaction. 

"So judging by those words you told me I have a thought that you like me?" Krystal felt that alien feeling coming back to her. 

The fast paced thumping of her heart which she always just feel whenever she's scared and not this kind where there's excitement and anticipation around. As a death feather for thousands of years she was always regarded as a cold kind of course she would be because she technically didn't feel the need to fall in love with anyone. Jongin might be a handsome death feather but she just regarded him as a friend and he was technically inlove with Kyungsoo. 

But this feeling, this is the feeling she thinks the same with his father to her step mother, a reason why he bridged all obligations just to be with her and thus killing them both. Is this love? or just some kind of attraction to a human who sees her? 

"Anyone in their right mind will like you and I'm sure as hell that I'm in the right mind Krys" 

"Right mind like you're amused because you can see me and you're a half death feather?" 

"Right mind like someone who's starting to fall with someone despite of all complications it may take" 

"I don't know what you're talking about" 

Amber was trying to tell her indirectly what she feels but she's much more convinced that everything about love was alien to the girl opposite her. She wanted to take her as hers but maybe it wasn't the right time for it, maybe she should wait until Krystal fully understands everything about human life but she needs to accept the fact the more of her things will get blown up because of Krystal's unrealized jealousy. 

"Don't think about it, just watch me eat" Amber took a sip from her hot milk and grabbed some toast at the counter. Now everything felt awkward even with just a mere staring from Krystal's eyes tortures her. 

"I wish I can eat those" Krystal sounded more depressed than a 5 year old child who was snatched away from her lollipop at the streets but the tomboy just found it cute. 

"If you're a human maybe?" 

"I don't think that's possible" 

"I don't want you to be a human either" 

"Why is that?" 

"Because if you die and get to the heavens you wouldn't recognize me anymore. I prefer me being a death feather like you" 

"Being someone like me is harder than you think" 

"At least I can live thousands of a life time with you" 

"Hmmm" 

Thousands of a lifetime 

She might deny it but it just excites her with the idea of doing things with Amber together which she found weird for the nth time. She's used to being alone, doing things alone and working alone. Why would she be this thrilled having Amber around her? 

"I'm - " 

"Get yourselves ready, they're just around the corner" Amber choked when Jongin suddenly appeared behind her making the hair at the back of her neck stand. 

"Yah! can't you death feathers give signal or something before showing up?" 

"I'm sorry" Jongin took a quick glance at the loaf of bread beside Amber and the same desire ad Krystal's eyes flashed to his. 

"Want some?" Amber offered for she knew how impossible it is for him to have one. 

"No thanks, can't have that one" 

"What's with the rush Jonginnie?" 

"The council already ordered the death soldiers to find Amber, I think they're as afraid as their leader" 

"Am I needed to train and become a death feather too?" 

"No but you need to hide. My father prepared a spell for them not to detect you and Krystal and there's another thing which I need to tell Krystal for a while... Can I borrow her for a minute?" Jongin eyed at Krystal who somehow got his meaning and jumped off the window rails to approach him. 

"Can't tell it with me around?" Amber felt a pang of jealousy hit her and seeing Krystal with Jongin displeases her. 

"Don't worry I'm gay and I'm with Kyungsoo"