Death Feathers gets Jealous sometimes

Death Feather

"Are you feeling better now?" Krystal suddenly popped beside Amber's bed who was secretly waiting for her to come.

More than a month in the hospital, Amber has been recovering fast much to the surprise of the doctors around her. Though she still can't move her legs, slowly she was starting to feel it once again and soon, she'll be able to walk.

She spent most of her time with the death feather, exchanging stories with her and learning stuff she didn't know before.

_

"So you mean I am living for millions of years now?" She asked once while she was eating alone with Krystal floating beside her.

"You might have experienced being a primate you know"

"Then I must be the most handsome primate that lived that time"

"Who even told you you're handsome? You look like an animal to me"

"You're mean" Amber's brow scrunched as she faked a pout.

Krystal's facial expression was unmoved, her icy aura was intact and she just found the human weird.

"I existed younger than you, you’re a daughter of a royalty and your parents was just a victim of unlawful laws."

"Laws?"

"We are not allowed to fall in love with a human, more so humanize ourselves for that reason... your father was the first one who committed that sin"

"So basically I'm alone, no true parents and such?"

"Yes and the council is now on the move to hunt and kill you down"

"Ooooh, scary" A brow raised from Krystal, questioning herself why the other girl seemed not to be affected by the threat coming to her life.

The council cannot kill her yes, but they can use their spell to make her human and kill her, just like what they did to her father.

"Aren't you afraid?" She asked, expecting a change on her dorky face but failed.

"No, I'm not afraid"

“They’re going to kill you”

“Jongin told that if ever I die, I’ll reincarnate. And it will happen again and again until eternity, so why be afraid?”

“Because they can turn you to a human and kill you”

“They can never do that, I’m forever sealed to be alive til eternity”

Earlier that day Jongin just appeared from nowhere and casted a spell on her to hide her from the council guards. They needed some time to plan and think for their next step, they need not to rush and take things slowly.

_

 “I’m doing better, especially you’re here already” there was an unexpected leap from Krystal’s heart which she cannot explain.

“I’m here because I need to guard you from them, I cannot let anyone destroy our only hope”

“So all of a sudden I became a superhero? Woah”

Krystal remained unmoved, staring at Amber’s eyes as if looking for something she herself didn’t know. She enjoyed looking at Amber’s calm eyes, trace her face with her line of sight and hear her voice. It’s weird, but she doesn’t care.

 

“We actually share the same fate you know”

“Your parents were killed too?”

“Yeah, my father fell in love with a mortal and they were both killed”

“Sorry”

Amber reached out to touch her friend’s hand when they heard the door open, seeing Ellin walk in alone with a paper bag on her arms.

“Hi Amber, are you okay now?” She hurried over to the tomboy, placing a kiss on her cheeks before placing the bag down the table.

Of course Krystal saw everything from that smile, to that kiss to that holding hands and she felt like she wanted to leave a feather on that girl even if it’s not yet her time. She wanted to do a freak accident to have a justification to her act but she knows she’s mature enough not to let her emotions to get the worst out of her.

She moved backwards and sat at the window railings to closely watch Ellin from getting too much clingy to the tomboy, she didn’t know why but she really hates it.

“Are you hungry Amber? I brought you lunch” Ellin unpacked the boxes out of the paper bag and placed it in front of her.

“I’m okay, thank you Ellin you even bothered to buy me food”

“No! don’t thank me, I wanted to bring you these, I wanted to make sure you’ll eat enough since you don’t have anyone here always”

“I’m here. Too bad you can’t see me” Amber’s head snapped to Krystal’s direction, a smirk drawn on her face when she saw that cold look on the Death feather’s face.

Sure Krystal didn’t notice it because her eyes were fixed at Ellin still fighting the urge not to leave a feather on her.

“I don’t think I can eat, my hands hurt” Amber massaged her right palm with the other, using her peripheral vision to look at Krystal’s expression.

“Aww, Really? I’ll feed you then” Ellin took hold of the spoon and helped Amber with the soup.

The tomboy saw how Krystal stood and walked beside her bed, eyes glaring, fist clenched and teeth gritted. Her inner self was amused because she know that there’s this chance that the other is jealous. 

“This is delicious!”

“Really? I made this for you” Ellin smiled sweetly and that’s it. Krystal used one of her abilities and moved the vase on the other side of the table, tumbling it down and breaking it.

Ellin was surprised as well as terrified because there is no way that vase would fall for there is no air around while Amber just laughed because she exactly knows who did it. 

"Aren't you scared here?" 

"No, I'm more of amused" Amber proudly said.

Minutes more passed and Ellin started to prepare to leave, she have work and she's scared because of Krystal's own work. 

"You're mean" Amber said once the door was closed. 

"I don't like her" 

"Because?" 

"Nothing" 

"Because death feathers get Jealous sometimes?" Krystal just looked back at her in reply. Thinking if what the tomboy said was true.