Fate

We Were All Strangers Back Then

Busy schedules make her day pass in a lighting time. The merchandiser has been having butterflies in her stomach after the invitation from her crush but work saves her. Yet, Hyuna cannot understand the reason of her crush mentioning that girl to her. For the past few years, Gayoon tried her best to bury this in her heart, even she spilled once to her employer. It was always a forbidden topic for these two to discuss or even start other than the confession from Hyuna. It keeps the brunette wondering why…why does she break the rule today? She jumps at the pat on her shoulder when Gayoon approaches her from behind, interrupting her thoughts.

“Sorry…are you ready?” The red head lady asks after chuckling at her employer’s reaction.

Again, it is another change of Gayoon – she never likes skinships, not to mention that she would reach out her golden-like hands to make any contact with others. It is weird but it is also a good sign to the brunette. Maybe her plan will go right this time, maybe… The ladies soon arrive the restaurant, enjoying their meals. Peaceful silence fits in their moods. Neither of them do not focus on their plate. However, the younger lady starts to steal glances from her crush as what she is going to do might cross the line, again. She acts as if words slip through .

“Gayoon, why did you mention her?” Silence replaces soon after the last word ends.

The latter one does not seem to care to answer this. Food is all she focuses on right now. No response is not acceptable to Hyuna but she knows her too well. Gayoon can never be forced to do anything, no one. At the moment of Hyuna attempting to raise another question, she is stopped.

“It’s for you.” For me? Her words confuse the younger lady even more. In another way of thinking, it should be a chance. She stops pretending cutting her food into pieces, instead, she pays attention to Gayoon’s further explanation. Her eyes never leave her crush and the latter one can sense it.

“If I do not bring her up, you won’t have the meal with me, right?” Without letting Hyuna answer, she continues.

“Plus, what I said is true though. I need to move on.” The statement is strong, the statement is firm, the statement is perfectly made for the brunette.

Maybe the decision she made was good enough to know about Gayoon’s thoughts. Maybe she should take the moment to step further more. Maybe tonight is the night. Smiles are yet formed on her face but there is already a Tsunami inside of Hyuna’s body. Delights of such great news makes a flood under her vein, pumping more blood to her heart, racing fast.

“Good to hear.” At the end, this is all she can utter after a few minutes of silence. Grins wear all over her face. She starts playing her food.

“So…as you said, you need to move on, does it mean you have someone in mind lately?” Apparently, it shows signs to the red head that Hyuna took her message wrongly. To the least she can do, she could only reply a no to her. The answer does affect the employer a bit as her grins freeze for a while. But it also gives Hyuna a hint that at least her crush is not into someone else.

“Maybe we should hang out more.” First strike Hyuna throws to her crush, she hopes she gets the hint.

“You know I don’t really like…”

“You should try something new if you wanna move on.” Something new actually refers to her, Kim Hyuna. She means herself.

“Hyuna” Every single time when the older girl calls her name, the brunette knows what she wants exactly. What she wants this time is to --- ask her to stop pushing. Not until long for her to notice this, the employer finds Gayoon putting her tableware down, staring at her.

Rejection. This is a rejection. It has always been a rejection before she even actually confesses. Her eyes on her crush shift back to her food quick, avoiding the eye contact. Indeed, silence is the best response. The meal ends in silence with a bleeding heart.

The drive to Hyuna’s home is dead as before. There was a chance, at least she thinks it was a chance. Chances always fly away, never meant for the merchandiser no matter how many times she grabs it right at the time, at the place. Once the car stops, she opens the door and mumbles thank you to her boss without looking back. Not that Gayoon does not know their situations, she is not willing to take advantages of Hyuna. Lowering the window, she wants to call Hyuna back but then it would be another time to hurt the girl. Quietly, she drives straight back to her house.

It does not take long to throw the brunette back to the hell. Everything was perfect until she takes a step forward. From now on, Hyuna promised herself that she will never attempt to confess since all she will get is an endless rejection. Scenes of Gayoon staring at her and calling her name with a serious tone repeating in her mind, she soon reaches her apartment. When the door opens, there is a short blonde girl with only a bra and shorts on in her living room. Great, that green brat brings her girlfriend to stay over. It seems both parties in shocks when their eyes meet. Within a second, the blonde girl manages to put an oversized T-shirt on, making the situation slightly better while the green head lady rushes out from her room.

“Seriously? You’re new here, and brought your girlfriend to stay over already?! I’m warning you, Ms…Green.” The brunette has just realized that she has no idea what her name is even they already had a fight last night.

“Whatever… This is my house, not yours. You can’t just bring some random girls and have in my house. You better stick with my rules!” At the end, Hyuna cannot hold her anger, shouting out at the ladies, that pisses the green haired lady.

“She is not some random girl, you better mind your words! She is my friend, my close friend and we did NOT have either!” The green haired musician is irritated but her blonde friend tries to stop her from doing something reckless.

“I’m leaving. Well, I never planned to stay overnight.” The blonde signals her crush to calm down then disappears in that place. Once the blonde is gone, the owner of this house walks towards her room.

“You’ll have to apologize to Sohyun later!” Seems that the musician cannot let go of it, she still holds her grudge. The latter one is tired of arguing yet she is too pissed to calm down. Her footsteps return towards the older lady, rushing to her.

“You better shut up or I’ll beat you up. This is my ing house and you’re invading my life. If you still wanna live in this house, you better shut the up and stick with my rules. And the rules are the things I do not want you this to do. If you ever break my rules once again, I swear…I will kick you out without any notice. Do you understand it?!” Obviously, Hyuna is on the edge of losing herself. One more step, just one more step, then she will take the action and knock the girl down. Her stares already frighten the older girl, making her feel insecure. Her words are sharp to leave wounds on the musician. And her dead tone sends her thrills that she cannot even breathe.

 

Weekends finally come to ease their anger and their sadness. For the past few days, the green head musician could not focus on composing a song nor even take a chance to start it. The deadline is reaching soon, so is her career path if she cannot come up with anything. Therefore, she decided to take a short vacation. A musician becomes a small backpacker, visiting a café on a mountain. The Café is famous for the amazing sight around it, with a beautiful lake down the mountain, and the peacefulness. Dawns become a bonus to this Café, wonderful sight fills your eyes and the warmness from the sunlight covers you in peacefully. Everyone gets drunk without having any alcoholic drinks.

She places her backpack on the chair next to her, waiting for her coffee. Closing her eyes, she takes a deep breath, putting her worries aside for just these two days. It feels like her energy refilled, so does her inspiration. The moment her eyes open, she spots a red haired skinny lady sitting at the window side, taking a sip of her coffee. Sunlight shines at her silky-like red hair, making her look more gorgeous. That lady seems enjoying the moment as well, since she notices her that she did exactly the same thing as she did, closing her eyes, taking a deep breath. Maybe it is coincident or maybe this is a sign of fate. Jiyoon knows it well, she falls into this unknown lady for the first sigh. She has to find out more…