Grades

Strike!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Grades

 

 

 

 

"Stupid Park," Baekhyun grumbled as he shoved his stuff from his bag in his locker. Kyungsoo leaned against the lockers besides his friend silently reading a page from the open book in his hands.

 

It was Wednesday and his best friend was still mad at the incident that happened Saturday. After another 30 minutes of arguing, tears, groping, and mutters of regret from Ailee, Chanyeol and Kai had finally came to save the group from their misery. It was five minutes after that when they passed by the front desk and talked to the owner was when they found out that Chanyeol knew the bathroom wasn't fixed and the giant didn't tell them.

 

"Yoda-eared, jack-and-the-beanstalk giant looking jerk," The diva slammed his locker closed with a final huff turning around in the hallway.

 

There was a group of boys moving down the hall, the softball team, and in the middle sticking out was the victim of the diva's insults standing next to the reserved looking tan male besides him.

 

The first one to look their direction was Chanyeol who, upon seeing Baekhyun's glare, smirked which made Baekhyun's glare intensify. Kai looked at them next as boredly as he always seems to with his face (he should become friends with Sehun, Baekhyun thinks) and Baekhyun watched the other's eyes moved from him to his friend to straight ahead the hall as the group continue to walk past them.

 

"!" Baekhyun shouted after the group causing a few bystander to turn their heads.

 

"Back at you, Sweats!" Chanyeol's retreated voice shouted back.

 

"Sometimes I wonder how you two will act towards each other after this is all over." Kyungsoo said starting to walk down the hall with his friend falling in sync next to him.

 

"He'll still be a yoda-eared jerk and I'll still be fabulous." Baekhyun flipped his hair as if to emphasize his point. "The only difference is that he'll be all 'boo hoo' when I beat him. I can see it now."

 

Kyungsoo side-eyed his friend as the other started to snicker at some imaginary thought.

 

"So... do you know what you're going to make him do when you win?"

 

"Hm," Baekhyun hummed and looked up in thought. "I'll make him my ."

 

"I knew it."

 

 

 

♦Strike!♦

 

 

 

Baekhyun stared at the front of the classroom with the blankest look on his face. He had already tuned out the lecture from his teacher, the words from their mouths sounded like the adults from Charlie Brown. But he kept his look so the teachers wouldn't notice where his mind was actually wondering off to.

 

They needed the field. With everyone's conflicting schedules and the distance from where they had to be and local parks it was hard to make the traveling work. But Park wasn't going to let them use the field. He needed to find some way to get him and his team away some days for them to use everything.

 

The sound of the lunch bell dragged him out of his thoughts, chairs scuffed back as kids gathered their things and groups together to eat their meals with. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo along with the others in the group where in different classes and grades so they all met up mutually at the cafeteria (if Kyungsoo didn't ditch them for the library and Tao to watch Kris practice).

 

Baekhyun took a small detour towards the bathroom to retouch his eyeliner and fix his hair. On his way down the hall he happened to pass a slightly opened room of one of the classrooms.

 

"Mister Park, this is unacceptable."

 

At the sound of 'Park' Baekhyun's ears perked up, immediately drawn to the sound of drama. What can he say, it amused him to hear other's problems sometimes, not deal with them.

 

He took careful steps back, pressing against the wall to ease near the door. He was lucky that the halls were clearing up so people won't think he's a weirdo. Never that.

 

"I'm sorry, sir." The annoyingly familiar deep voice apologized.

 

"This is the third time, mister Park." The teacher's voice said. "You can't keep your grades going like this. I'm going to have to report this to your coach."

 

Baekhyun didn't need to know all of the details to know what would happen. Athletes had to keep their grades up if they wanted to continue on the team/ If the teacher was to tell his coach then Park may have to sit out on some of the games until he could get them back up.

 

"Please sir no!" Park's voice pleaded. "Just give me one more chance, please. We are trying to win districts, my team needs me."

 

Was it bad that Baekhyun had grown the widest, most devious smile on his face at the sound of Chanyeol's pleading?

 

"Is something wrong with Byun?" He heard someone whisper as they passed by. "He looks kind of scary with that smile..."

 

The teacher sighed. "I'll give you one more try. You have a test monday, and if you don't get t least a 75, I'm going to report this to your coach."

 

"Thank you sir." Chanyeol said. "I'll make it for sure."

 

This is too perfect, Baekhyun thought with his diabolical smile. Too perfect.

 

 

♦Strike!♦

 

 

 

Chanyeol was screwed. He was smart, sure, but math was never his strong point.

 

He sighed as he turned around to walk out the classroom. He needed to find help and quick. But where could he do that?

 

"Oh, Yoda~."

 

Chanyeol yelped (a manly yelp of course) when he heard the voice, looking down to see Sweats looking up at him through kohl-lined eyes and with a wide smile.

 

His heart was definitely not beating at the sight.

 

"Geezus!" Chanyeol yelled. "What the hell are you doing here, Sweats?!"

 

"Oh, you know," The diva boy leaned against the wall looking at his nails, " just walking the hall, looking fabulous," He smirked at Chanyeol. "And being nosey."

 

, Chanyeol cursed. Sweats must have heard the conversation from before and judging by his looks Chanyeol knew the shorter must be up to something.

 

"And from what I happen to hear with my beautiful little ears," Sweats continued. "A certain baseball captian is in need of some help with his grades and he needs it preeetty quick."

 

"So?" Chanyeol narrowed his eyes wondering what they boy was trying to get at.

 

 

"So I happen to be free to help out said athlete get his grades up for monday."

 

No.

 

That was the immediate word Chanyeol would have said and walked away from the other with. But Chanyeol thought about it. Sweats, despite how Chanyeol didn't want to admit it, was actually pretty smart in math. He heard around that the boy was in pre-calculus already while Chanyeol and most others were in Algebra II.

 

No.

 

The word this time because the universe put him in the horrid position for this event to happen. But Chanyeol needed the help and he was desperate.

 

"What's the catch?" Chanyeol bit back his pride to ask.

 

"Yoda, darling, let's talk about specifics when that time comes," Sweats reached up to pat his cheek. "We need to work on getting our wittle giant's grades up first before we make payments."

 

" you," Chanyeol had to say it. He couldn't help it.

 

"Not today Yoda," Chanyeol walked passed him to the hall. "Let's meet in the library after school, 'kay?"

 

Chanyeol didn't answer him because Sweats already knew what his answer was.

 

Chanyeol was screwed.

 

 

 

♦Strike!♦

 

 

 

"Oh?" Kyungsoo leaned back in the wooden chair, one of those rare moments where he was without anything in his hand but instead had his full attention on something. "So that's why you were late to lunch."

 

"Yep."

 

"And smiling like a creepy witch."

 

"Hey.. mean."

 

It was after school now, the two were sitting a two-seat table in one of the far back corners of the library that no one really bothered them in (except for that y librarian who hated Baekhyun for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter