Tryouts

Strike!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 1: Tryouts

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun was pissed.

 

 



He was not just pissed,  but he was pissed, dirty, sweaty, and his eyeliner was running down his face with the stray tears of frustration that managed to escape before he could stop it. Damn, he knew he should have worn the waterproof one instead. He clutched the strap of the heavy sports bag that hung on his sore shoulder.

 

 



"Stupid,  big eared, Park." The boy cursed as he stormed up his walkway to his front door even when his legs groaned in agony of being over used more than he was use to. "Tell me what the hell I can't do and then had the audacity to-"


 

 


He furiously swung the door open, slamming it behind him. He ignored the call from his mother as he stomped upstairs until he slammed his own room door closed.  The toss of the heavy bag relieved his shoulder a bit,  the welcoming of his bed brought the same. He let out a scream into his pillow, though it was muffled it stop started his mother downstairs making her almost drop the tray of food.

 

 



Baekhyun hated sports.  But there was a reason he hated them more today than any day before

 

 

 


It all began yesterday when his dad called him downstairs.

 

 

 

 



♦~     24 Hours ago ~♦

 

 

 

 

 



" Byun Baekhyun get down here!"

 

 



The brunette flinched at the voice that overcame the melody of Girls Generation from his headphones.  And he had them loud in purpose.

 

 



Cursing at what he could have done wrong this time, Baekhyun paused his music and took out his headphones. He carefully stepped down the staircase,  stopping hallway to peek at the doom that awaited below.

 

 



His dad stood at the bottom of the staircase just in the doorframe of the livingroom, arms crossed and looking up at him with an angry glare.

 

 



.

 

 



"Hey daddy~," Baekhyun tried to sweeten his voice in hope some aegyo would lighten his load to whatever he’s done.

 

 



"Don't 'daddy' me. Sit down Byun." His dad pointed to the empty couch before him. “Sit.”

 

 

 

 

Alright. Plan B.

 

 

 

“I’m sorry Dad, I take full responsibility for what I have done,” Baekhyun apologised rehearsed as he sat down on the couch.

 

 

 

“And what have you done exactly?” His father questioned with a raised brow.

 

 

 

“Uh...” Baekhyun thought around. “ It’s not about the test that I flunked last week, right?”

 

 

 

“You flunked your test?!”

 

 

 

“What test?”

 

 

 

“What?”

 

 

 

“Huh?”

 

 

 

“Baekhyun!” His dad pinched the bridge of his nose trying to calm his nerves from his son. “I am talking about the sports tryouts.”

 

 

 

Baekhyun’s face scrunched in confusion before it changed into realization. “Oh...” Then morphed in dread. “Oh.”

 

 

 

“Yeah ‘oh’.” His dad narrowed his eyes. “Why did you not tell me that sports tryouts started two weeks ago.”

 

 

 

“I forgot?” Baekhyun tried to smiled innocently put stopped when he saw his dad’s disapproving frown. “How did you even find out about it- Not that I was keeping it a secret or anything.” The boy quickly added as his dad’s eyes narrowed more.

 

 

 

“I asked Kyungsoo.” His dad stated simply, still looking down at his son.

 

 

 

“That !” Baekhyun roared. “He’s such a traitor! Some best friend he is!”

 

 

 

“Wait a minute there, Byun.” His dad raised a hand to pause his son’s upcoming rant and attack on his poor friend. “ Don’t get mad at him. I forced it out of him when I ran into him at the market a moment ago.”

 

 

 

Baekhyun ‘hmph’ed, sulking back into the couch seat with a angry pout.

 

 

 

His dad sighed. “Listen up. I let you do what you wanted the since you’ve became a teen. I let you guy all those god-awful tight pants and showy shirts- I even gave you money to go buy makeup! Not many fathers willingly do that.  And all I asked you in a small return of my peace is to join a school sport.”

 

 

 

Baekhyun’s eyes traveled around the living room of his home, taking in all of the various of sports trophies his dad earned over his youthful years. None of the shiny trophies present had his own name on them.

 

 

 

“Last year I let you slide when you ‘forgot’ about attending tryouts,” His dad continued on. “But this year will be different. You are going to go tryout whether you like it or not.”

 

 

 

“But all of the tryouts for most of the sports are almost over.” Baekhyun tried to argue.

 

 

 

“That’s why I called your school and I found out that the last tryouts to begin is for baseball, tomorrow after school.” His dad shot back at him.

 

 

 

Baekhyun groaned, throwing a mini tantrum in his spot before he fell back to the couch with crossed arms. “Fine. But don’t expect me to actually make the team.”

 

 

 

The father’s stern face softened as he crouched down to pat his son’s head and give him a soft smile. “Thank you, son.”

 

 

 

Baekhyun sighed as his father walked away and towards the front door as his mother walked through.

 

 

 

This .

 

 

 

♦~ 4 hours ago ~♦

 

 

 

 

“You know what,” Baekhyun started as he looked around the locker room. “This isn’t all that bad.”

 

 

 

Baekhyun stood in the P.E locker rooms with the rest of the males who were changing for sports tryouts. Placed on the ground next to him was the sports bag his dad gave to him from when he was a baseball player in high school. He slipped off his shirt, secretly watching as soon as males bent over to search in their bags for something.

 

 

 

“I mean it’s not like they all have but some bodies are much to my appeal.” Baekhyun especially eyed Youngbae slipping off his day shirt to a plain white one.

 

 

 

 

God bless that senior’s body.

 

 

 

“You have no shame.” Kyungsoo, who was dragged here as the only way to be forgiven for his betrayal (as stated by Baekhyun), hummed as he flipped through a book in his hand. Although the male did secretly glimpse up to catch what his friend was looking at and he had to agree.

 

 

 

 

God bless that senior’s body.

 

 

 

“You hush and get ready to go watch me.” Baekhyun slipped into some comfortable sweat pants. He pulled out his phone checking his reflection in the screen. “I could always use my own personal cheerleader.”

 

 

 

“Do you think that the eyeliner is a good idea to wear during a sport tryout?” Kyungsoo quirked a brow at his friend.

 

 

 

“I’m sure it will be fine.” Baekhyun combed his fingers through his light brown locks. “It’s not like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter