Practice Attempts #1

Strike!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Practice Attempts #1

 

 

"Help!" Baekhyun yelled at the top of his lungs. "Is anyone there?! HEELP!"

 

"Geezus, " Key groaned. "Can you get out of my ear with that?!"

 

"Do you want to get saved or not?" Baekhyun barked back to the other, glaring in the direction he sourced the voice to have been.

 

"I can't see anything in this dark," Ailee said. "Why did you guys drag me in here anyway? Jackson would you stop touching me?!"

 

"Sorry. Thought you were Mark."

 

"What about me?"

 

"Guys, I don't like the dark." Tao whined.

 

"Then turn on your phone light silly." Luhan's voice chirped.

 

"Tao!" Baekhyun yelled. "You had your freaking phone this whole time?"

 

"Uh... yeah?"

 

"THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL FOR HELP?!"

 

"OH MY GAWD! SHUT THE HELL UP AND GET OUT MY EAR!"

 

"That's it! I had it with you today!  Come here Key!"

 

"Bring it on Byun! Bring it on!!"

 

"Tao." A voice called out.

 

"Yes, Sehun? "

 

"You should use your phone to record the fight- ow! What the hell.  Who the hit me?"

 

"Wasn't me." Jackson said.

 

"Tao," Ailee cooed. "Would you be a dear and CALL FOR FREAKING HELP!"

 

"Okay, Okay I'm calling just- ah!" A force of colliding bodies hit Tao causing the phone to fly out of his hands.

 

There was a pause as they all stopped and listen to the "plop" sound of an object hitting  a water surface.

 

"...Did my phone just..."

 

"Go in one of the dirty toilets?" Sehun sighed. "Yes. Yes it did."

 

"What do we do now?" Luhan asked, pausing as he felt something run up his leg. "Who's touching me?"

 

"Sorry. Thought you were Mark too- ! I said sorry Sehun. Geez...."

 

"I'm over here Jackson. "

 

There was shuffling heard going in the direction of Mark's voice.


 

"Someone go get the phone before it gets messed up." Ailee huffed but made no move to get the phone herself. It wasn't her phone.

 

There was a gulp before they heard the sound of a body shuffling away. Tao felt around until his hands felt the rim of the toilet seat. He inched his digits slowly, shakily,  feeling the approaching liquid meeting his fingers and just as they were about to touch-


 

"AHHHH! Tht is not my phone!"

 



 

 

 

♦ A few hours earlier ♦

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Cause baby now we got bad bloood. You know it used to be maaad love~ ."

 

"Can you not sing every song on the radio?" Key asked, rolling his eyes at the eye - lined diva besides him. He sat in the seat behind Baekhyun who was driving the minivan his uncle lent to him. Riding shotgun in the vehicle was Kyungsoo,  cope in his usual position of scrolling on his phone, his cheek resting in the palm of his other hand to which the arm was propped on the door  with his window raised halfway down.
 


"Can you not complain at everything I do?" Baekhyun eyed the blonde who began to check his nails through the rearview mirror.

 

"Nope." Key popped the "p" at the end. "It's becoming a past time hobby. Where are we going anyway?"

 

"To pick up the others." Kyungsoo replied, eyes glancing up from his screen to look at the road. "Get ready to turn left."

 

"Luhan asked if he could be picked and I told him I would be glad to help." Baekhyun turned the wheel and eased the car into the turning lane.

 

“Bet no doubt Sehun is going to be there with him.” Tao said from besides Key.

 

Baekhyun hummed in  agreeance, mind slowly tuning out the springing conversation of Sehun’s obsession for Luhan. Instead he thought to the video Ailee showed them yesterday. He took the clip home and watch it multiple lines, etching the movements of not only Park in his mind but of other members of the team too. Kai was just as good as Park, but Park was better. That didn’t discourage the thought of the seemingly reserved tan male from being  a threat to the team’s success. Baekhyun spotted another familiar faces in the video like Chen, Taemin, and Donghae. And like the other two they were all good as well. If Baekhyun was going to be as serious in this game as he intended then that means his team had some serious work they needed to do.

 

“Baek,” Kyungsoo’s voice drifted to Baekhyun’s ears. “We’re here.”

 

Baekhyun snapped out of his thoughts and pulled to the front of the house where the two males were waiting on them.

 

"So what were we doing today captain?" Luhan chimed as he settled in his seat seeming to ignore the arm that s its way behind him and around his shoulders.

 

"We are going to the batting cages my good friend." Baekhyun smiled towards the people in the back.

 

Truth be told Baekhyun couldn't bat for .

 

He'll be honest and admit to himself that his arm strength and the skills of swinging a bat towards a hurling object to project in the air (man math  and physics was starting to get to his head) is not on the list of skills Baekhyun is good at. So it was only logic that they begin work on something that is the weakest point first to build up his skills.

 

Or was it improve on your strengths first...

 

Damn it, Baekhyun innerly cursed. He forgot which one it was. But that's irrelevant now.

 

The other reason he had them coming to the batting cages was to see who was the best batter amongst themselves. From some sources that Baekhyun observed and heard, teams often order their batters from the least to best when they send them out to play. By watching and judging some of the team members today Baekhyun could see who can lead in batting as well as who needs to improve.

 

Besides himself.

 

"Alright everyone I want us down at the lower left of the gates. Everyone can get their own area or you can team up." Baekhyun ordered once all of his teammates were present as he grabbed one of the provided bats from the establishment.

 

"Why do we have to go to the lower left gates?" Tao asked as he picked up a bat as well as the others.

 

"So no one can see how much some of you might !" Baekhyun shouted like an authoritarian.

 

"Now move it girlies!"

 

"Excuse me?"

 

"Except you ailee,"Baekhyun smiled nervously at the female glaring his way. "You can move when

you want."

 

"Thought so."

 

 


 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter