Team

Strike!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: Team

 

 

Baekhyun walked down the hall, a satisfied smile glued onto his face. He was going to make a team and he was going to make Yoda Ears it more than... Baekhyun laughed at the thought. Well that simile was a bit too dirty to say right now.

 

This was all actually very amusing. It’s been awhile since he had an actual challenge like this. Beating these cheerleaders in a fashion challenge was too easy these days, but playing a sport would be something new. It’s not that he had any athletic abilities, hell, he didn’t even know where he had the balls to make up such a bet, but all it took was a bit of hard work, right?

 

Well that’s how the movies go at least.

 

“Soo!” Baekhyun exclaimed as he walked into the library. He saw the librarian shooting him a pointed look and he frowned. The hell was her problem? A boy can’t talk?

 

“Heard you challenged park to a baseball game.” Kyungsoo said, sitting in a chair in the back corner with his cellphone in hand, a book besides him on the floor.

 

“Yeah I- the hell? How did you hear? I just did that.” Baekhyun’s eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

 

“Twitter.” Was Kyungsoo’s answer as his finger scrolled through on his phone. “And a few instagram post.”

 

“Damn these es work quick.” Baekhyun said in astoundment before he put on a cheery smile. “So you ready to help me go look for people?”

 

“...”

 

 

“...”

 

 

“...”

 

 

“...”

 

 

"Excuse me?"
 

 


Baekhyun shifted around under his friend's unamused look. The diva coughed awkwardly as he looked away from the look he was receiving.  It's not like Baekhyun was intimidated by many people - hell, he makes his teachers bow to him when he goes off - but his best friend was an exception in the few amount of people he was intimidated by at times.
 

 


Kyungsoo may look all cute and cuddly on the outside but there's some dark that goes on inside of him...
 

 


"I said, " Baekhyun looked everywhere but at his friend, "That I challenged Park to a baseball game."

 



"Oh, I heard that part." Kyungsoo said. "The part I didn't hear was the one that involved me being a part of this."

 

 



"But Soo~," Baekhyun whined. "You're my bestie."

 


 


"So?" Kyungsoo raised a brow at him.

 

 



"That means my bull becomes your bull. It's like best friend code." Baekhyun tried to smile at his friend but it quickly dropped when he received a glare back. "Oh c'mon! How am I suppose to make a team without starting the base with someone. I need you."


 

 


Kyungsoo frowned, standing his ground but that all started to sway as Baekhyun pulled out his signature puppy eyes on him. There were these moments when Kyungsoo wished he could go back to the sixth grade and stop himself from sitting next the the other. But he knew that when he spoke back to the diva he had sealed his fate then and there.

 

 

Letting out a sigh, Kyungsoo swept a hand through his hair. "Alright!  Stop with the ugly face already. It’s annoying."


 


"Hell yeah!" Baekhyun cheered. That was one person down and seven more to go. Maybe we should-”

 



"Excuse me young man." The librarian leaned from the corner of the bookcase. "If you could use your inside voice, that would be nice."

 



Baekhyun narrowed his eyes and Kyungsoo groaned knowing full well his friend was about to have a moment.


 


"You know what lady,” Baekhyun turned, hands on hips, full sass coming into his voice. “You better be lucky that I have stuff actually going on in my life, unlike someone, to deal with or else I would have said something completely mean to you. Good day to you.”

 

Baekhyun flipped his hair and strunted off leaving the shocked librarian to stand with agape.

 

“Wasn’t that just mean?” Kyungsoo said as they started to walk out the library.

 

“What? No. That was like, child mild of a comment.” Baekhyun dismissed such accusation. He let her off light, he should get a thank you from his friend for not causing that much of a scene in one of the latter’s favorite places.

 

“You just stated she had no life.” Kyungsoo deadpanned.

 

“But wasn’t it true?” Baekhyun reasoned. “The truth doesn't count as an insult.”

 

Kyungsoo stared up in thought before settling with a shrug. “Alright, you’re right. So what you going to do now?”

 

“We are going to go scout  members during breaks and after school,” Baekhyun put on a devious smile.  “And I know the perfect person to start with.”

 


 


♦Strike!♦

 

 

 

He stared up at the red square above and before him, the square that rested above the red rim with its decorated, dangling net. He dribbled the ball in his hand twice against the polished wooden floor, the sound echoing through the silent grym. He bent his knees, arms coming up to point calculated the posture and angle needed to angle needed to make the ball go in perfectly. He aimed the ball, arms about to propel the ball in the basket perfectly-

 

“Taoooo!”

 

The sound of the gym does slamming open startled him, the angle of aim being messed up as he tossed the ball out of his hands. The ball soared, hitting against the rim and bouncing off to another direction. Angrily, the male turned to glare at the noise maker.

 

“Taaaao!” The kohl-lined eyed brunette yelled as he walked through the doorway.

 

“Goddamnit Baekhyun! Can you come in a bit more quietly?!” The male yelled the diva who stuck his tongue out in return. Kyungsoo shook his head, walking in behind him. “Oh, hey Kyungsoo.”

 

The owl-eyed boy waved. “I apologize for him.”

 

“I’m sure his parents do too.” The male sighed, hand raking through his damp blond locks.

 

“Hi to you too, Krissy.” Baekhyun winked at the angry blonde before going back to his yelling. “Taaaaaaao!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter