.six.

Fate: The First Meeting

The next morning, he planned to meet Mino at the park where he normally walked Brownie.

Deep in his heart, he hoped that his best friend could spend his night over his house.

Would he?

“Yo, what’s up man?”

Seungyoon was a bit startled when Mino greeted him from behind.

“Yah, Song Minho! You scared the hell out of me!”

Mino laughed before took a seat beside him.

“So, whaddup?”

He didn’t know how to begin and was trying very hard on making the introduction.

“You know that now we’re in the school holidays, many of our friends are going on trips with their families, and…”

Mino turned to the left and stared Seungyoon right into his eyes.

“Seungyoon-sshi, just go straight to the point.”

Seungyoon gulped nervously before told him the truth.

“Actually, my father was away for this whole week and I want to ask you to spend some nights at my place.”

I know that he will not agree to.

“No problemo!”

“Are you serious? But, how about your mother? Isn’t she just recover from the sickness?”

Seungyoon knew that Mino’ mother had just recovered from cancer and needed to be watched 24/7.

“You don’t have to worry because my brother had got back from the military yesterday.”

Seungyoon smiled from ear to ear and hugged that best friend of him tightly.

“Gomawo, chingu-ah! Saranghae!”

He was so excited and didn’t realize that Mino was struggling to free himself from his arms.

“You jerk, let..go..of..me!”

 

*

 

“Hey, honey. It’s already 9. You’re going to be late for work.”

Seungyoon could see a lady walked out from the kitchen while carrying a little baby.

Who is she?

He then took a look around.

This is my house.

At the corner of the living room, there was the rocking chair that his father loved.

It was indeed his house.

But, what is that lady doing here?

Then, he saw his father walked towards her and gave her a kiss on the lips.

Wait.

Is she…

“Don’t worry, I’m taking a leave today so that I can spend a day off with you guys.”

His father took the baby from her hand and kissed that baby’s forehead.

Seungyoon then touched his forehead unconsciously.

It felt warm as if he was the baby in his father’s embrace.

And he was shocked to know that was definitely him.

“Seungyoon-ah, your mother and I really love you. We hope that you will grow up to be a happy and independent kid. We also..”

Before his father could continue, the lady suddenly grabbed his hand tight and was gasping for air.

“Honey, gwenchana?”

The lady shut her eyes and could hardly speak.

“Please..”

“Please what, honey?”

His father’s voice was shaken and tears were seen rolling down onto his cheeks.

“Please promise me..that you..you will take care of..our only son...”

“No! Please, don’t say like that. I beg you, don’t ever leave me alone.”

He tightened his grab on her hands as if didn’t want to let her go.

“Honey, please..let me go. Kang Seungyoon, I..love you..so much and please..be a good kid ..for your father. I’m sorry, Seungyoon.”

She kissed the baby’s forehead for the last time before her hands slipped from her husband’s hand.

“Please...Please, Hyunjoo. Don’t leave me!”

He shook her breathless body gently, hoping that miracle will happen and bring his wife to life again.

But, nothing happened.

She was gone.

“Hyunjoo!!”