.fifteen.

Fate: The First Meeting

That night, Mino came along with his family members, except for his mother.

They were agreed to join him at the airport to send Seungyoon and his father back to South Korea.

No one knows when they could see each other again.

“Mino-ah, I’m going to miss you!”

He hugged his best friend tightly as if didn’t want to let him go.

“Me too, buddy!”

“Sorry for not being able to stay for a few days more.”

“It’s okay, Yoonie. Just chill, okay?”

They were still hugging, crying on each other shoulders.

Meanwhile, Seungyoon’s father was bidding his farewell to the rest of Mino’s family.

“Uncle Kang, take care there! We’re sure gonna miss both of you.”

Mino’s elder brother, Minwoo hugged Seungyoon’s father for the last time.

“Okay, dear. Gomawo.”

He patted that boy’s head before shaking hands with Mino’s father.

“Sangim, take good care of yourself. When you’ve arrived, don’t forget to call me. Arasso?”

Seungyoon’s father nodded and tapped his shoulder gently.

“And when do you guys want to go back to Korea?”

“We don’t know yet. Maybe after the doctor gives his permission for my wife to travel again.”

Mino’s father smiled.

“Maybe in the next two years? Who knows?”

He added and both of them laughed.

Not far from them, Seungyoon and Mino were whispering to each other.

“Hey, if you ever got a girlfriend there, don’t forget to tell me, okay?”

“Girlfriend? What on hell? Nope, I want to hear from you first. You and Minah.”

Mino became speechless and rubbed his Adam’s apple.

He seemed restless.

“So, when is your flight?”

Seungyoon smirked as he knew Mino was trying to change the topic.

“About 30 minutes more.”

He then glanced at his watch.

“But I think I need to go already.”

He looked up at the big LED screen above them, showing the arrival and departure schedule of the flights at that airport.

The flight to Seoul from JFK International Airport was scheduled to depart in 25 minutes more.

Seungyoon then pulled his luggage and joined his father, followed by Mino from behind.

They waved their last goodbye to Mino's family before made their way to the departure gate.

That was the last time Seungyoon was going to see his best friend.

He didn’t know when they will meet again.

He pulled the luggage with a heavy heart and followed his father to the plane that was waiting for the passenger to board on.

 

*

 

“Welcome on board. Enjoy your flight.”

At the entrance, they were greeted by two nice-looking stewards who were standing in line, bowing with hands across their chest.

Seungyoon flashed a quick smile and boarded the plane.

Luckily, they got the front seats and he secured his favourite spot which was by the window.

His father took the small bags and put them in the compartment above of their seats.

At the moment Seungyoon wanted to settle down, his phone vibrated.

It was a message from Mino.

Hey, bud. Missed u already :)

He sighed.

He tried to control his emotion, trying hard not to cry in front of his father.

Plus, he didn’t want to be embarrassed in front of the beautiful stewardess that was walking at the isle.

Then, he changed his phone mode into the flight mode and threw his sight out of the window.

Before going out from their house earlier, he had promised himself not to cry at the airport.

But, he failed as Mino who was the first to burst into tears.

“Ladies and gentlemen, please fasten up your seatbelt. We’re going to depart in a minute. Please make sure that you’re comfortable and do enjoy your flight. Thank you.”

The stewardess’ gentle voice had brought him back to reality.

Seungyoon then wore his seatbelt and got himself ready for the take-off.

“Adeul, are you ready?”

He looked at his dad and didn’t know how to answer that.

The plane then left JFK International Airport and Seungyoon could see the lights from the airstrip faded from his sight.

Now, he was going back to Seoul.

For good.

He put on his Beats headphones and played the music on his iPod.

On his left, he could see his father was already immersed in his reading.

He didn’t even realize when he fell asleep and got into the dreamland.

It was that boy again.

Seungyoon could see Taehyun was working in a café.

He was standing at the outside and watched Taehyun brewing coffee for the customers.

He looked to the left and right, realizing that the place was somehow familiar to him.

When he looked up, the name of the café was blurred.

Seungyoon couldn’t see clearly the words written on that signboard.

Wait a minute.

What is Jinwoo hyung doing here?

He was astonished to see his cousin stepped into the café.

He then went behind the counter and gave something to Taehyun.

They seemed to be close to each other.

Suddenly, a light came from nowhere and he felt as he was being pulled by something that he couldn't see.

It somehow felt like he had been pulled by the force of a black hole.

The light shone straight into his eyes and hurt them.

Seungyoon felt like he was falling deeper and deeper into the hole.