a night filled with passion

See You In Hell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time. 9.23 P.M.

 

Destination. Never heard before Japanese ramen restaurant.

 

Transportation. A freakin' taxi, because Oh Sehun is a jerk.

 

“You couldn't pick me up?” Eunji grumbled as soon as she slipped into the seat beside him. Sehun's expression indicated that he wasn't fazed by her sudden arrival nor about her perfectly reasonable complaint.

 

“Why?”

 

“Um,” her voice betrayed all her incredulity, “Because you invited me and it's only the nice thing to do? Because you have a car and I don't and you won't let me use your precious limousine?”

 

Sehun slurped his tonkotsu ramen uncaringly. Eunji's eyes snapped to the steaming hot bowl of noodles. “And hey! I can't believe you started eating already!”

 

“I told you I was hungry,” he defended, “What is the big deal? Your taxi fare is essentially paid by me anyways.”

 

“Says who?” Eunji shot back. And then to the cook behind the kitchen window, she ordered a bowl of miso ramen and a cold glass of green tea to wash it down.

 

“Why do you want to eat here anyways? I thought you would eat at a fancy hotel buffet or something.”

 

An obvious lie. They both know that Sehun would've never left his room if he was there alone.

 

“Were you brooding about your dad?”Eunji asked knowingly. Sehun huffed out a breath, putting down his chopsticks so he could take a sip of rice wine.

 

“How is the old man anyways? He still kicking?” He asked over his sake cup.

 

Eunji rolled her eyes. “You know he'll outlive the both of us.”

 

Sehun grimaced, “The wicked always wins. That is, until they die and go to hell.”

 

“You shouldn't say stuff like that,” Eunji said disapprovingly. “You may not like him but he's still your dad. You don't have to get along but you owe it to be at least respectful.”

 

“I don't owe him ,” he nearly slammed his cup down on the table. “It's good enough that I still work at that stupid company. That's more than he deserves from me.”

 

Her eyes softened slightly, “That's the part I never understood. That company is so important to your dad, and you taking over it is probably... the nicest thing that you're doing for him. I know you don't see it that way. I know you think that you're taking away something that he cares about... but to your dad, he sees his son taking care of the future of the company he's worked so hard to built.”

 

Sehun scowled into his ramen. “You're saying I should sabotage the company? Bankrupt it? Completely destroy it?”

 

“If you really hate your father as much as you claim to, you would've done so a long time.” Eunji shrugged, smiling at the server who arrived with her food.

 

Turning back to Sehun, her eyes became serious and she lowered her voice as if it could soften the blow her words were about to deliver.

 

“You're afraid. Because you depend on that company, which is just saying that you're still depending on your father.” Eunji said with a sad sort of smile. “That's why you're working so hard at a company you hate. That's why you're still living in that house, which is still essentially under his name.”

 

Sehun stood up abruptly. His chair would've toppled over if it weren't made of heavier stuff. Still, he was drawing attention from the staff and restaurant patrons.

 

He glared at her, eyes filled with liquid fire.

 

“DON'T WITH ME!” He growled, all gritted teeth and tensed muscles. His fists were clenched tightly, but she was unafraid. Despite how petty he was, Eunji knew that Sehun would never stoop to that level.

 

Still, it was rare to see him so... expressive. Usually he was stiff and quiet and solemn when he was mad. This new side of him was unexpected.

 

“You have no idea what you're talking about,” Sehun shot out, and Eunji's attention snapped back to his face. His perfectly sculpted face. A sharp nose, angular jaw, high raised cheekbones, and eyes that flashed with sparks of gold whenever he was worked up... like now.

 

“Don't you ever imply that I need him in my life.” His shoulders were trembling in anger, “That who abandoned me—who abandoned us first.”

 

The flimsy wooden chopsticks in his hand snapped.

 

“That son of a that killed my mother!”

 

Eunji only blinked in the face of his rage.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter