Some of the Secrets... spilled

Secrets of Sitio Nalipol

*Barrio (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈbarjo]) is a Spanish word meaning district or neighborhood.

__________________________________________________________

Ljoe POV:

             Changjo panicked. "What?! You're joking! What piece of-"

              "I'm not joking! Are you the ones who lived here for a couple of years?! No! That's me! So I know what's going on here! You don't know anything!"Kyla shouted, making us flinch in response. "You don't know my sufferings. You definitely do not know anything." she sobbed.

               I can't understand anything. "What do you mean?" I asked. She looked at me. Her eyes were filled with many emotions. There was anger, sadness and loneliness. She stood up and wiped her tears. "They destroyed my life." she started. She walked and stared at space. "Sitio Nalipol.. it's not true." she mumbled. "They created it for themselves. For them to hide." she said in a lonely voice, making chills send through my spine.

               "Our *barrio it was almost perfect, so as my life." she said.  "What happened?" I asked. "LJOE HYUNG!" the three maknaes hissed. I didn't mind them and listened to this girl's story. "They came and took my parents. I thought that our barrio was only bat infested. But the thing is, they were large. They started attacking everyone with those half bodies of theirs." she said. My eyes widened so as the three maknaes'. Half bodies? Big bats?! What's these creatures?

               "Stop it! You're lying!" Niel shouted and covered his ears. "I'm not lying. I saw them, face to face as they eat my parents and my future brother." she continued as she took a picture were there was a smilling girl and her parents. Her mom was pregnant, I guess that girl was her. "Lies!" Ricky screeched. "Noo!" Kyla shouted back.

                "I thought that they were gonna leave but no! They made this silly city! I can't even escape since they won't let me. They'll kill me." she said, her voice cracking. "Why?" I asked. "It's because I know their secret! If I got away they know I'll tell everyone about it!" she screamed. "They aren't contented yet! They want you!" she said. "W-what do you m-mean?" I stammered.

                "THEY WANT YOU. YOUR FLESH. YOUR ABDOMENS. YOUR LIVER. YOUR HEART. THEY WANT TO EAT YOU." she said in a low tone.

                 Changjo screamed. "NOT TRUE! YOU'RE LYING! I CAN'T BELIEVE OF ALL THESE... LIES!" he shouted. Kyla faced me. "Believe me." she said. Niel and Ricky carried Jamie noona. "Hyung, let's go." they said. I looked at Kyla. "Believe me." she said. I looked at her again. 

                   "I'm sorry but-"

                   "Hyung let's get outta here! This girl is crazy." Changjo pulled me to go outside. "Believe me!" Kyla pleaded. I want to believe her but.. her stories. They don't sound true. "I'm sorry Kyla.." I mumbled. She held my hand and inserted something in my jacket. "That would keep you safe... for now." she said and let me go.

                     The five of us walked back to the house. When I think about Kyla's story, these 'wonderful' vintage houses turned into horror houses in my eyes. My legs were worn out by the long trip. I also carried Jamie noona on my back since the maknaes were tired. I glanced at Jamie noona and she was breathing softly but the strange thing is, she isn't waking up. 

                      I saw Seungho hyung rushing towards us. He quickly get Jamie noona off me. "Thank you guys!" he said. "No problem." we replied. I saw Manger ahjusshi and CAP hung. They were smiling. I think they're happy for Seungho hyung. Atleast , he could sleep and be happy. Liwayway and Mrs.Aquino went to greet us but Mrs. Aquino's face paled. She glared at Jamie noona and whispered some foreign words to Liwayway. I heard tha she said these, "Anak, maghanda ka na. May gagawin tayo." I was so disappointed that I didn't understand anything but I was sure that it was about Jamie noona.

                    They asked us to go inside the vintage house. I quickly went to our room. Seungho hyung went with me and placed Jamie noona on the bed. I just plopped in the bed and rested my worn out legs. Suddenly, I felt that I must do something with my bag. So I grabbed my bag and search for a thing that I don't what. Then my hands grabbed a book. I stared at it. Isn't it the old man at the airport gave me?

                    My curiousty pushed me to open the book. It was written in English but too good I can read it. My eyes wandered on the chapters and stopped at the chapter titled 'Big Bat winged humans'. I turned the page at it. I tried to read it.

                   An Aswang (or Asuwang) is a mythical creature in Philippine folklore. The aswang is an inherently evil vampire-like creature and is the subject of a wide variety of myths and stories. Spanish colonizers noted that the Aswang was the most feared among the mythical creatures of the Philippines, even in the 16th century.

The myth of the aswang is well known throughout the Philippines, except in the Ilocos region, which is the only region that does not have an equivalent myth. What they have is a creature called Irene E. It is especially popular in the Western Visayan regions such as CapizIloilo and AntiqueBohol , MasbateAklan,Antique. Other regional names for the aswang include "tik-tik", "wak-wak" and "soc-soc"

                   "Aswang" is a generic generic term applied to all types of witchesvampiresmanananggalsshapeshifterstherianthropes and monsters. The original definition is an eater of the dead, also called the bal-bal (maninilong in Catanauan, Quezon), which replaces the cadaver with banana trunks after consumption. Aswang stories and definitions vary greatly from region to region and person to person, and no particular set of characteristics can be ascribed to the term. However, the term is most used interchangeably with manananggaland are said to be female in gender.

                   A manananggal is described as being a hideous, scary vampire-like creature (as opposed to an aswang), capable of severing its upper torso in order to fly into the night with huge bat-like wings to prey on unsuspecting, pregnant women in their homes; using an elongated proboscis-like tongue, it the hearts of fetuses or the blood of an unsuspecting, sleeping victim. The severed lower torso is left standing, and it is said to be the more vulnerable of the two halves. Sprinkling salt or smearing crushed garlic or ash on top of the standing torso is fatal to the creature. The upper torso then would not be able to rejoin and will die at daybreak. The name of the creature originates from sinalalala used for a severed torso: manananggalcomes from the Tagalog tanggal (cognate of Malay tanggal), which means "to remove" or "to separate". Manananggal then means "the one who separates itself" (in this case, separates itself from its lower body). It is a saying that a manananggal's attack can be avoided by death. The most prominent characteristic of a manananggal is its ability to dispatch its torso from its legs.

(A/N: Forgive for my copy and paste thingies xDD)

                       I saw some illustrations and it scared me.

(A/N:I'm giving you the free will if you want to see these pics. I don't wanna scare... Okay I'm joking.. I'll show ONE but the REST is up to you. And that one isn't really scary..)

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/378944_f260.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_iq2vQY1Jeaw/TH_fFbl6AhI/AAAAAAAAVxU/Z6tp2dHJ9Lg/s1600/aswang1.JPG

ghostgem004.jpg

                 I quickly closed the book as my heart beated quickly. What knid of world am I seeing? Is Kyla saying the truth?

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Whew~ Aish.. I've been soo busy? I dunno but sorry again for the long time :))

Comments please~ Thanks for the support.

P.S.

This fic will soon end :))