Chapter IV

Oppa Approved

Morning finally came and Mihyun rolled out of bed at eleven. She wasn’t bothered at her sleeping in late since she didn’t have plans until this evening. It would be worse to wait longer anyway. She took her time making and eating breakfast.

By the time she was ready to leave, it was one. Mihyun left her apartment and picked up her pass from the Teen Top mailbox. She stopped to admire it.

The pass looked very official yet festive. It had the signatures of Teen Top’s manager and the manager of UMG as well as those of each member of Teen Top. There was a barcode at the bottom under the Teen Top emblem. A lanyard was attached at the top of the pass. Mihyun put it in her bag and headed out.

Once she left the Teen Top residence, she headed for the bus stop and caught a bus to the area where Teen Top’s comeback showcase was held. There she had a late lunch and shopped a bit until it was about 4:30. She made her way to the bustling building and flashed her pass to anyone who questioned her. At last, someone led her to a spot in the front row where she would have an unbeatable view of the performers.

After about fifteen minutes of waiting for the show to begin, the auditorium was packed with throngs of angels. The lights dimmed and the crowd went wild as their idols stepped on stage to begin the performance. Their new song began playing and Mihyun followed the choreography with them as discreetly as she could. Chanhee found her in the crowd following the choreography and winked. The angels surrounding her went crazy as they mistook the gesture as one made for them.

 The boys performed many other songs throughout the course of the evening and did some funny little activities in between. Chunji failed at being a B-Boy and Changjo failed at being an actor and did aegyo for 30 seconds as punishment. Somewhere between the activities, Mihyun found herself looking at her new found crush. Minsoo’s eyes caught hers for a moment as every other person in the auditorium disappeared. Mihyun shyly waved at him as her face went pink. She glanced away before she could see the smile spread across C.A.P’s rosy face. The rest of the show flew by and Mihyun found herself being escorted to the backstage area in no time.

“Mihyun-ah! I’m so glad you came!” exclaimed an excited Niel as he pulled Mihyun into a quick hug. Chunji glowered as he approached the pair.

“What did you think of the showcase?” asked Chunji as he brushed off the annoyance of his band mate.

“You guys were amazing. Nice hair, by the way.” Said a smiling Mihyun as she hugged her brother before moving to accept hugs from the other members.

Chunji watched closely as C.A.P hugged his little sister. He knew the leader was suppressing his feelings for her. He did a good job, but Chunji could still tell. The one thing that worried him, however, was that Mihyun reciprocated those same feelings.

The pair reluctantly separated, their hug lasting mere seconds longer than the rest. Mihyun timidly returned to her brother’s side. The manager came by to pick them up in the van and Mihyun thanked him for the pass. The group ate together that evening at the dorm and bid Mihyun farewell soon after.

Mihyun texted her brother that she got home safely and said to thank the boys for the wonderful evening. Meanwhile in the dorm, Changjo and Ricky were hanging out in the living room.

“What’s with that look? You’ve been smirking ever since the showcase.” Ricky asked the maknae.

“What look? I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Changjo said, avoiding his friend’s interrogating eyes.

“Come on! I can tell when something’s up with you. Now, tell your hyung!” Ricky demanded.

“Okay, fine. But you can’t tell C.A.P hyung or Chunji hyung, okay?” Changjo said. Ricky smiled and nodded excitedly. A whisper was exchanged from Changjo to Ricky and a gasp followed. Ricky giggled and looked deviously at the maknae. Then he was running for Niel, who was drying off in his room after a shower.

“Yah. What are you doing in-“ the emotional vocalist was cut off as Ricky whispered the gossip into his ear. Niel gasped and looked at the fake maknae with wide eyes. Then, he was off to find L.joe to share the hearsay.

Satisfied with himself, Ricky went to return to Changjo to tell him of his doings.

“~C.A.P and Mihyun sitting in a tree,- ~” the teen sang quietly to himself as he rounded the corner, only to face the power vocal. He froze in his tracks. Uh-oh.

“What were you just singing about?” asked a cautious Chunji.

“N-nothing. W-why?” Ricky asked, breaking a sweat.

Chunji sighed, “I know what you said. How did you know?”

“I-I just figured, I g-guess.” Ricky stammered, not wanting to rat out his best friend. Just then, Chanjo joined them at the end of the hall.

“You couldn’t be discreet if your life depended on it.” The maknae shook his head at Ricky.

“Who else knows about this?” Chunji asked them quietly.

“Everyone except C.A.P hyung.” Admitted Ricky.

Chunji sighed once more, “We need to talk; All of us.”

They gathered that night in the living room to discuss the dilemma between Chunji’s sister and their leader. C.A.P was asleep in his room as the five of them contemplated how to get the pair together.

The following day, the group began the first phase of the effort by confronting C.A.P. They surrounded him as he sat on the couch in between schedules.

“What are you guys doing?” asked the leader with his brow cocked.

“We all know you like Mihyun.” Chunji started, leaving C.A.P wide eyed with surprise.

“We all know she likes you back.” Changjo continued, causing Minsoo to look down at the floor, hiding a smile.

“I trust that you would treat my precious baby sister right, so please have my approval of confessing to her.” Chunji said. They had decided the previous night that C.A.P needed to know she liked him back and also would only confess if he knew it wouldn’t hinder his relationship with Chunji. Minsoo’s nod of understanding caused the group to high five each other victoriously as the first phase of their plan was successful.