Chapter III

Oppa Approved

Mihyun collected her stuff from the Teen Top dorm and got home safely, escorted by her brother, after saying goodbye to the boys. She unlocked her new apartment and Chunji dragged her luggage into the foyer. She hugged her brother goodbye. Flopping on the couch, as her family had set her up with some furnishings; Mihyun pulled out her phone and called one of her old friends from school.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Jinhee! Guess who’s back in Korea?” Mihyun said.

“Mihyun! Omo! You’re back? Finally! What’s up?” asked an excited friend.

“Finally back! I’m in my new apartment. We should meet up.” Mihyun suggested.

“Yeah. How about I take you out? Let’s go to our favorite little restaurant.”

“Sounds great! Meet me there in a half an hour?”

“It’s a date!”

Within 20 minutes, Mihyun was ready for her meet up with her old friend. She walked quickly to the little restaurant and picked a table near the window in anticipation of Jinhee’s arrival. She ordered both of their drinks and waited. Not five minutes later, her bubbly friend appeared and Mihyun waved her over to the table.

“Eonni!” Mihyun said with excitement as she arose to accept a hug from Jinhee.

“Mihyun-ah! I missed my favorite dongsaeng.” Jinhee said before pulling away.

They both took a seat at the table for two. The waiter then came, dropping off their drinks, taking their orders and left them to catch up.

“So how’s the states?” asked Jinhee.

“Vast and friendly, but it’s still quite different. I’m really glad to be home, though.” Mihyun described.

“I can imagine. And how’s your brother? Have you been able to catch up?”

“Actually, he and some of his group mates picked me up from the airport. They took me to the dorm and we hung out. I even spent the night at the dorm last night. Oh, and today, I got to watch oppa’s group practice! He’s doing really well. The leader takes good care of everyone.” Mihyun gushed happily.

“Oh, CAP?”

“Yeah, It’s nice to know Chunji oppa is in good hands. I missed him a lot.”

“I bet. So what’s Teen Top like in person?” asked Jinhee, who was trying desperately not to fangirl.

“They’re so nice. Niel is really energetic and Ricky is cute and shy. Changjo is an insanely talented dancer. L. Joe is cool and chic. As I said, CAP is a strong leader who really cares for s and always knows how to control the situation. And Chunji is just Chunji.” Mihyun explained with a laugh at the end.

Jinhee smiled and silently took note of her friend’s fond description of CAP.

“Wow.” Was all Jinhee said.

“Don’t tell me you’re a fan?” Mihyun caught wind of her friend’s admiration.

“NO. Now where would you get that idea? But, yes. I am a massive Angel.” Jinhee said.

“Oooh. And who’s your bias?” said Mihyun leaning in. Will she finally confess?

“Well… Niel is really talented and cute.”

“That’s not what I asked. After all these years I can’t believe you still won’t admit it.”

“Admit what?”

“That you’re my oppa’s secret admirer.” Mihyun said explicitly. Jinhee’s jaw nearly hit the table. She hadn’t suspected that a single soul save for herself knew about her long-time crush.

“How long have you known?” asked a shocked Jinhee.

“Since you hit puberty and started sighing longingly at him from afar. You also came to my house more often.”

“Omo! You haven’t told him, have you?”

“Of course not! What kind of best friend do you think I am?”

“Good. Well now we both know each other’s crushes.” Jinhee smirked and crossed her arms.

“What? I don’t have a crush.” Mihyun tilted her head in confusion.

“Oh, please. You obviously have some feelings for a certain Bang Minsoo.” Jinhee clarified.

“I-I don’t know what you’re talking about. I admire his leadership.” Said Mihyun. I just like the way he treats oppa and how cool he is, right? Mihyun stopped thinking about it as their food came. They discussed lighter topics as they ate.

The pair split the check and promised to hang out again soon before leaving. As Mihyun went home, her mind wandered to the topic of Bang Minsoo. She began listing the things she liked about him to see if she was biased.

“He takes good care of Chanhee oppa. He knows what to do. He’s determined. He’s kind. He’s good-looking. He has a brilliant smile. He’s strong. He…” Mihyun stopped dead in her tracks. It was now obvious to even her. Mihyun likes Minsoo.

After a relaxing shower, Mihyun checked her phone. Two missed phone calls and a missed text from her Chanhee oppa. She smiled to herself and shot him a text; assuring him she was alright and had a nice evening catching up with her bestie.

오빠: I’m glad you’re home and happy, lil sis. ^ㅁ^ Oh, I have a surprise for you~

미현: Oh, really? What is it?

오빠: Manager hyung said you can come to see Teen Top at any recording we have! ㅅㅅ

미현: Really?! That’s awesome! :D

오빠: Stop by the dorm tomorrow and take the special pass out of the mail box. Show that to the people at the entrances of the events and they’ll let you in.

미현: Awesome! Oh! Do you remember Jinhee?

오빠: The old friend you met with tonight? Yeah, I remember. How is she?

미현:  She’s great. She asked about you ;D

오빠: Oh, did she? What did you tell her? Did you tell her about Teen Top?

미현: Why don’t you tell her yourself? Her number is xxx-xxx-xxxx.

오빠: Who would have thought my Mihyun-ah would be setting me up with a girl? Haha

미현: You’ll thank me later. When’s your next dance practice? I’d like to come watch again and thank your manager.

오빠: He’ll be at the showcase tomorrow. You can use your pass and thank him then.

미현: Yay! I can’t wait to use my magic pass! Tell the others I wish them good luck on the comeback tomorrow and I’ll be there to support them. Teen Top fighting! Chanhee oppa fighting!

오빠: Thanks sis! I’ll tell them. Goodnight!

미현: Sleep well, oppa! Goodnight!

Mihyun plugged in her phone and got cleaned up and ready for bed. She was excited to go see Teen Top perform tomorrow. She was eager to support her brother and his group and also to see her new found love interest.

 

 

A/N: I tried something new in this chapter and I'm going to have to alter the rest of the story a bit based on that. This story was the last finished story I hadn't posted (it's from about a year ago).