Chapter II

Oppa Approved

It was 5 AM and for five minutes, Bang Minsoo had been awake. He wasn’t sure that sleep would be revisiting him any time soon, either. He silently left his room, deciding he could make something for the boys for breakfast. They’d be waking up in an hour or so anyway. CAP entered the living room and a dim light. He was only startled for a brief second when he saw a figure lying on the couch. Oh, it’s just Mihyun. He thought in relief. His eyes lingered on her calm sleeping face. He subconsciously came closer to see her soft features more clearly. I wonder what you’re dreaming of. Wondered the leader. Just as he was settling into a chair to regain some sleep, Mihyun stirred. Her eyes opened and landed on Minsoo in the low light.

“Did I wake you up?” CAP asked.

“No. What time is it?” Asked the sleepy eyed girl.

“A little after 5. I couldn’t sleep so I was gonna start breakfast.” CAP told her.

“Can I help?” Mihyun said sitting up on the couch.

“Sure”

Mihyun followed him to the kitchen and started the rice and put the banchan into dishes while CAP threw together some soup. The pleasant aroma brought Ricky and Changjo to the kitchen. When they beheld the breakfast dream team at their battle stations, they agreed; Mihyun was a keeper.

Everything was ready and CAP suggested Mihyun go freshen up while he put everything out on the table and woke up the rest of the group. Mihyun agreed and was met at the kitchen entrance by her brother.

“Good morning, Mihyunnie! You get to watch us practice today.” Chunji smiled at her.

“Morning, oppa. I can’t wait” Mihyun smilingly replied and went to quickly get dressed.

A few minutes since the boys were seated and ready to eat, Mihyun entered and took her place. The boys were speechless. Niel was the first to speak as usual.

“Aigoo! Mihyun-ah, you look so cute!” he brightly beamed in her direction. Before she could thank him, her brother interjected.

“Yeah, too cute. Go change!” the protective boy ordered.

“But oppa! Waeh?” she whined as she didn’t see the issue with her cute, pink oversized hoodie over a pair of black jeggings with some black boots. Her hair was up in a simple messy bun and she had some fashion glasses and hoop earrings on. I look fine, oppa. thought the confused girl.

“Leave the girl alone. She looks fine.” Ricky defended. Chunji was shocked. What’s gotten into these guys? I’m her brother! He thought.

Mihyun casually served herself and ate some breakfast. Chunji didn’t participate in the light morning exchanges of the members and his sister. He knew he couldn’t stay mad at his brothers and sister for too long, though.

The group quickly cleaned up and after some small miscellaneous preparations, they piled into the van for practice.

The group entered the practice room and as the boys got ready to dance, Mihyun sat on the couch.

“Could you press play?” L.Joe asked Mihyun once they were in position. She scooted over and hit the play button. ‘I’m Sorry’ began to play and the dancing began.

Mihyun watched in awe as the boys danced fiercely for a couple hours with short breaks. She felt proud of her oppa as she saw his passion and enjoyment which radiated from determined eyes and smiling lips.

It was finally time for a lunch break and the group’s manager dropped in with bags of takeout. Chunji introduced Mihyun to their manager before he left. The group then doled out the food and ate.

“What did you think, Mihyun?” asked Niel.

“You guys are really good. I wish I could dance like that.” Mihyun said in between chews.

“We can teach you, if you’d like.” Offered Changjo.

“Really?” asked a dreamy-eyed Mihyun. The boys all nodded and finished their food quickly in hopes to be the first one ready to teach her. The muscular dancing maknae and the emotional vocalist finished the fastest.

“Ready?” asked Changjo. After a brief nod, Mihyun was pulled to her feet by the two volunteer teachers and led to the middle of the studio. The duo began teaching Mihyun the dance to ‘Miss Right’. As the others finished eating, they joined in. CAP joined the group and danced as he watched the petite girl’s cute little mistakes and determined face. They all encouraged her when she got frustrated and before they knew it, she had the whole dance down. Impressed and proud, the boys took it from the top with their new member by their sides. The whole song went smoothly and as the song finished, Mihyun came to the front and ended the performance with a gangster pose. The whole group burst into fits of laughter and ended up on the floor.

For another couple of hours, the group practiced and Mihyun sat on the couch. In the middle of practicing ‘Rocking’, Chunji let out a yelp and fell to the floor with a resounding thud. Mihyun stopped the music and rushed over to where Teen Top crowded around their fallen member.

“What happened?” Minsoo asked. Chunji supported himself with his arms behind him.

“My right ankle.” He simply said.

“Ricky, go get him some ice.” The leader ordered.

“How badly do you think you hurt it?” C.A.P asked the injured boy.

“I just twisted it, I think.” Chunji replied.

“Alright, here.” CAP held out a hand to help Chunji up. He supported him as they got to the couch. Ricky returned with a bag of ice and placed it on Chunji’s injured ankle. Though Mihyun was momentarily worried, she could clearly recognize that her brother was in good hands. She watched C.A.P’s hard look at his group member’s injury, expressing worry. A good leader. Mihyun thought as she admired Minsoo’s control of the situation. She was glad her brother had a good hyung to take care of him while he was away from home.

“We should probably tell manager hyung that we can’t continue with practice. Call it quits for the day.” CAP said a moment later as he pulled his phone from his pocket. He got on the phone with the group’s manager to convey the day’s events and the rest of the guys went off to the bathroom or vending machine for an afternoon snack. Mihyun sat on the arm of the couch and watched the leader pace and talk to the manager.

“Why are you looking at hyung like that?” Chunji suddenly asked.

“W-What do you mean?” Mihyun asked as her attention came back to her brother.

“You like him don’t you?” asked Chunji.

“No! I-I mean…I don’t think so.” Replied a wavering Mihyun.

Chunji stayed quiet. Even if she isn’t sure yet, the way she looks at him says it all. Chunji thought as his sister looked pensively at the leader.

“Okay. We’ll stop by the dorms and then go out. Thanks.” Minsoo ended the call and went out to gather the rest of the group.

“Is your ankle any better, oppa?” asked Mihyun once her muse left the studio.

“I’m about to find out.” Chunji removed the bag of melting ice from his ankle and stood. Putting weight on his weakened ankle, he took a few cautious steps.

“All better.” He said with a smile.

“Go easy on it.” Said a still slightly worried sister. Chunji was about to when the rest of the boys returned.

“Oh, is your ankle okay now?” Ricky asked Chunji.

“Good as new.” The power voice replied.

“Then let’s get in the van. We can get your stuff from our place and take it to your new place, Mihyun.” CAP directed.

“Will you be okay?” Chunji asked his little sister as the seven made their way to the van.

“I’ll be fine, oppa. I’m going to contact an old friend and spend some time with her.” Assured Mihyun.

“Oh, okay. I’m sure we’ll be able to hang out like this again soon.” Chunji said.

Mihyun nodded with a smile as they sat in the van and headed home.