Chapter I

Oppa Approved

 

Mihyun waited patiently to retrieve her luggage and grabbed it quickly the first time it came around. She knew her brother and his friends would be waiting for her outside. She struggled to see over the towering throngs of mostly Korean travelers and those who greeted them. Finally she heard a group of voices shout her name over the hustle and bustle of the area.

"Mihyun-ah! Over here!" shouted a familiar voice from the flock of people.

She craned her neck in every which direction and finally found the source of the commotion. Rushing over to the group, her brother quickly pulled her into a tight hug.

"Yah! I've missed you! Did you miss me?" asked an eager and excited Chunji.

"How could I not miss my favorite oppa?" Mihyun smiled as she pulled away from the embrace.

"Pabo, I'm your only oppa!" Chunji frowned and ruffled his little sister's hair.

Mihyun giggled and fixed her hair. Oh, how she had really missed her cute fool of a brother. Despite his cute yet suave image to the public, she knew her Chunji was just the same ol' quirky brother she had grown up with.

She was awakened from her reminiscing to be introduced to the members who were present.

"Annyeong! I'm Changjo." said the tall dancer who was about the same age as her. She smiled at him and turned to the other member.

"Annyeonghaseyo! My name is L.joe." said the blonde rascal rapper.

"We'll wait 'til we get back to the dorm to do the group intro. You can hold yours until then, too." Chunji said as he led them to the parking lot. He rolled Mihyun's luggage to the van and deftly placed it in the back of the vehicle. Chunji situated Mihyun next to the window so he could sit between her and Changjo. Some things never change thought Mihyun about her protective oppa. L.joe rode shotgun and the driver headed for the dorms.

"So how was life in America, Mihyun?" asked her curious brother.

"It was nice. The food and culture was a bit hard to get used to, but most of the people are pretty easy-going." Mihyun explained briefly. L.joe exchanged a knowing glance with her.

The rest of the ride consisted of conversation about the specifics of her life in America and how life was as idols on the boys' part. Once they arrived at the dorms, Chunji took her suitcase out of the van and led the group up to their door.

"Oh, I don't have my key.." Chunji realized. He knocked on the door a few times and the door swung open soon after.

"Where's your sister, Chunji?" asked Niel who stood with the door open. Mihyun peeked out from behind her brother and waved at him. The emotional vocalist smiled warmly at her cute gesture.

"Aren't you going to let us in? Don't just stand there." a slightly annoyed Chunji ordered. Niel let them in and Mihyun just stood awkwardly in the living room. The leader walked in as the other members were being called to the living room to do introductions. He stared wide-eyed at the pristine young girl before him. Mihyun looked at her feet to hide her warming cheeks. Why is he staring at me like that? she wondered.

"Stop it, hyung. You're scaring her." said Niel as he re-entered the room with Ricky trailing behind him.

C.A.P snapped out of his adoring gaze before Chunji could see him. Everyone gathered there in the living room in front of Mihyun.

"Annyeonghaseyo! We are Teen Top!" they formally introduced the group. Niel was the first of the other members to introduce himself.

“Hi! I’m Niel.” He gave her another one of his friendly smiles.

“Annyeong. I’m Ricky.” Said the charming and cute fake- maknae.

All eyes were on Minsoo as he neglected to see it was his turn. His eyes were fixed on Mihyun once again much to Chunji’s disapproval.

“Uh, Hyung? You there?” said L. Joe. The leader finally fell back into reality and felt his face flush at being caught staring again.

“I-I’m C.A.P or Minsoo.” He shortly said as he avoided everyone’s curious eyes.

“It’s nice to meet you all. I’m Mihyun.” Said Mihyun as she bowed to her brother’s group.

“We should give her a performance now.” Suggested Changjo. Before Niel could agree with the maknae, Mihyun’s stomach growled.

“Maybe we should eat first.” Ricky said in response with a soft chuckle.

“Yeah, and she can watch us at practice tomorrow, right Mihyun?” said Chunji.

“Mhm.” His sister nodded.

“What shall we order?” asked Niel.

“I thought since Mihyun made her homecoming, we could go out to celebrate.” Replied a good spirited Chunji with a hopeful smile.

“That does sound nice, but we’d never hear the end of it if we were seen out with a girl for dinner.” The leader finally spoke.

“I think whether there’s a risk or not, it should be Mihyun’s choice.” Niel stated.

“Yeah. What do you say, Mihyun?” Chunji asked his sister. She thought for a moment.

“Well, I think it’s best if we order out. I’d hate to start any controversy with the public about you guys. Like C.A.P-ssi said, you’d never hear the end of it.” Mihyun concluded.

“Alright. I really wish we could take you out without worrying about these things.” Chunji said with a hint of sorrow. He walked over and pulled her into a hug.

“It’s okay, oppa. We can celebrate here.” An embarrassed Mihyun said as she hugged her brother back in front of his friends. Mihyun knew her oppa would probably be doing this a lot to assert his protectiveness.

“Are you hungry for traditional Korean cuisine?” asked Changjo after Chunji let go of his sister.

“Yes! I’ve missed it so much.” Mihyun said a bit excited.

“Okay, but we’ll have to pick it up.” Said C.A.P as he found a menu and grabbed a phone to order. They ordered a bunch of their traditional favorites and played a round of muk-jji-ppa to determine the runners. The three losers were Chunji, Changjo, and Ricky.

“No one touches Mihyun while we’re out!” Chunji threatened before leaving with the other two losers.

Niel, L.Joe and C.A.P were left to entertain Mihyun. They agreed on watching TV since their guest hadn’t seen any ‘good’ TV since she left 3 years ago. The four were all immersed in the dramedy on the screen until the door opened, welcoming in the smell of delicious Korean cuisine.

The seven youths pile into the dining room and dig into their food immediately. The only sounds that were heard were that of eating. After many minutes of pure gluttony, a stuffed Ricky leaned back with a sigh.

“You have a lot to catch up on, Mihyun. It must be weird to have left home when your brother was in training and come back when he’s topping charts in a popular boy group.” The lovely vocalist said.

“Yeah. It’ll definitely take some getting used to.” Mihyun said as she finished eating.

“But you’ll be gaining five brothers.” Niel said happily after swallowing a bite of kimchi.

“Yeah. Feel free to call us all oppa.” Said C.A.P. Chunji almost choked on his food at Minsoo’s sudden brave statement. He didn’t go against his leader, despite his protective instincts.

“O-Okay.” Said a hesitant but happy Mihyun. By this time, all the members had finished eating. After all, Chunji lost what was left of his appetite after what his hyung said. The three winners of the previous game of muk-jji-ppa picked up the slack and cleaned up the mess from the meal. It was late and the whole household was drowsy. They all decided that even if Mihyun’s new place was just around the corner, it was best for her to stay the night. Her brother fixed her a comfy spot on the couch in the living room while she got into her pajamas in the bathroom. He tucked her in like old times and said goodnight before he headed to his room. Moments later every light was off and all noises ceased.