Know

EXODUS

     Chen filled in the time with other peoples thoughts. No, telepathy was not his gift but sometimes brittle paper words stained in ink were all he needed. Actually, they were all that he had. There weren’t any great minds left to read even if he could read minds - none at all. He’d read about so many things; aliens from parallel worlds, time travellers, people that could read the earth - not only control it. In the time traveller’s journal he read about the chemical make up of life, but not carbon based life that once populated the Earth. Life sustained by powers. He’d read about a man that could bend the lightning at his will, converse with it like they were long lost friends; they belonged together. It didn’t take Chen long to realise he was reading about himself. He remembered the lighting. He remembered lots of things, almost everything. Almost.

 

    As he skimmed through the pages of ‘Overdose’ he paused on a page he didn’t recall seeing before. In fact, he was certain it hadn’t been there before. He would have remembered. His keen eyes picked up Tao’s code quickly, the boy had used the code before but the messages had never translated to anything other than ‘I miss you.

    This time was different.

    ‘Chen, I can't stop time anymore. I can change it. There’s a storm coming. When the darkness comes, you know where to go. The earth is watching

 

    “The darkness,” Chen whispered to himself as he inhaled the soothing scent of thunder clouds. Indeed, there was a storm coming. A storm bigger than he could find words for. What haunted him wasn’t the fact that there was a front on it’s way. It was the fact that Tao knew. But then again it really shouldn’t have surprised him; Tao knew more than most. 

 

    The sound of the clock tower chiming drew Chen’s gaze away from the book. The sky was hazy and grew darker and darker as the sun cast the Earth in shadows. His heart skipped a beat as he felt the electric current rushing through the air. 

    It was time; ‘The storm is here. I can feel it.’

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N: Sorry it's a late update. And sorry it's so short. School's gone into overdrive and I'm too competitive to let my grades  slip. Let me know if there are any life threatening mistakes, okay? Okay! Lovely. Thank you.