Met You

Tons of Love

Min Jung's POV

After Min Ji left me alone, I went to her room to check the addresses. As I opened the door, I saw a really girlish room. I could see pink color everywhere. I remembered we used to share a room when we were still very young. She wasn't like that, though. How was it possible for someone so carefree like her being a really feminine like this?

Ah, I forgot that everything is possible nowadays.

"Ah where did she put the addresses on? Was it on the desk or was it on the bed? It's so annoying. Why can't she clean her room?!" I was murmuring like an idiot as I kept looking around for the thing she meant. "Oh? I found it!" I held the paper tightly on the desk and read it carefully.

There are quite many winners, I thought.

However my eyes were fixed on a name that sounds really familiar to my ears. "Who is this? Kim Jonghyun? Why there's a question mark before his name and a love emoticon at the same time? Should I call Min Ji to ask?"

But I shook my head as I thought it will be a very bad idea to disturb her busy daily activities. I'm gonna send these things, anyway. When I was about to lift the gifts from the ground, I saw the printed result of the give away.

"Min Ji must be doing really good." I see some of the papers until the very last one, which is made by Jonghyun as what was written on the paper, made me think for a while. The person named Kim Jonghyun joined the song writing competition. Then I read carefully to the lyrics he made.

 

Look at my eyes, I whisper alone as I look at you from far away
Just smile for me once, I can endure it just by seeing your face

If you are standing at the end of my life, if I can get closer to you
I can throw away everything and run to you

Though I extend my hand, though I extend it with all my strength, I can’t reach you
It seemed like I got closer so I called you with a fluttering heart
But there’s no answer, I guess I can never reach you

Every day changes so quickly and you are warmly and brightly shining
I’ve never seen that turned back (your back) – is curiosity also part of my greed?

Since when did I start being with you? From the moment I opened my eyes and started to breathe
I was with you every night (we were together) but I can’t approach you

Though I extend my hand (hold my hand), though I extend it with all my strength, I can’t reach you
It seemed like I got closer so I called you with a fluttering heart
But there’s no answer (missing you), I guess I can never reach you

Even if you tease me by saying this is foolish, I can’t turn this heart around

I shout out loud (shout out loud and call you), I get angry but it’s no use
I’m just one out of the many people that pass by you (pass by you)
I’m not special to you

Though I extend my hand, though I extend it with all my strength, (I can’t reach you baby) I can’t reach you
It seemed like I got closer (so I shout outloud and call you) so I called you with a fluttering heart (I call out to you more)
But there’s no answer, I guess I can never reach you

I guess I can never reach you


Those words are so meaningful. He's too talented to be just an ordinary person? I thought he could be a composer. He made me feel what he felt at the time he wrote the lyrics. He put those words by words, made it into sentences and somehow they do not make mundane sentences but the deep ones. It's really good to have such a talent like this. No wonder Min Ji gave a heart on that paper. But then..., what's the meaning of the question mark? I don't get it but oh well, I don't care.

So I'm gonna drive my motorcycle to send these gifts. Like a santa.

***
JONGHYUN'S POV

I was taking my beloved dog, Roo, for an evening walk and now we've comeback when I saw someone in front of my house. "Excuse me..." I slowed down my speed as I walked near that person.

"Oh, I just want to send this gift for a person named Jonghyun, Kim Jonghyun. Does he live here?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah. That's me," I answered but there's obviously a frown on my forehead. "But... what's this for?"

Actually I thought this person is a fan of mine, at first. But it looks like she doesn't even know me in person, then how could it be true? I mean, our fans send gifts to us. However, they don't send the gifts to my house directly because I know our manager hyung get them for me. Fans usually send their gifts to our manager hyung, not to my house like this.

And I said it one more time, I don't think she's a fan.

It's strange. Weird.

"Congratulations, you won the competition. Do you remember you've joined a song writing competition? You won with your lyrics, Selene 6.23!" She said as she extended her hand to congratulate me.

"Oh... thanks! Are you the one who held that giveaway? I thought you are someone from TIKI? Ah, but why don't you use something like that? Because you don't have money to pay the shiping fee?" I asked. "About that, don't worry because I don't mind to pay the shiping fee instead of you."

"Hey, sir, listen." She frowned and suddenly bent down to take a medium sized brown box on the floor to put it on my hand. "I'm here just to send you this thing. For your information, I've been riding my motorcycle here and there for the past 5 hours. Sorry to say but I'm really tired as heck and you were just blabbering around. Now, can you please take this thing and sign here plus write you're name above that. I really need a good rest."

I stared at her blankly, her words really made me shock. However I accepted the box and signed at where I should to.

"Ah, there must be a misunder-"

"Thanks, sir. Now if you don't mind, I'm gonna make my leave first." She hurriedly walk to her motorcycle.

"Hey, I don't mean that! What about coming inside and have a cup of tea before you leave?!" I shouted at her but of course she ignored me. When I looked down to my feet, I found a brown wallet on the floor.

Wait. No one came here before her, right? Then she must be the owner of this wallet.

That time when I heard her voice, "Sorry but I don't really talk with strangers!"

I checked the inner side of the wallet because I don't want to calll her "Hey" everytime I see her.

"Park Min Jung-ssi!" She froze on the spot. She heard that, right? "Am I still concluded as a stranger even after I knew your name?"

Yes, she did look back at me.

She walked to me and when we were about 2 feets away from each other, she extended her hand to get her wallet back.

Instead of giving her what she wanted, I gave her the rope I was holding for so long that keeps me and Roo close. "Please hold Roo for me," I said but  she kept staring at me blankly. "I mean, hold my dog for me because I want to take this box inside and I will give your wallet back inside too. Are you perhaps..., afraid of dogs?"

"No." She said as she took the rope and followed me inside.


*I'm using Selene 6.23 english lyrics. This lyrics will lead you to thy after Tons Of Love.