Little Own Business

Tons of Love

Min Jung's POV

One week later

"Happy Sunday with Park Min Jung, everyone! I'm sorry I couldn't be on air because the radio's antenna was broken. But it's okay for now, I've fixed the problem. Now, let's hear for some new stories...," I started to check out my phone and kept an eye on a script made by me. "Before I pick and read it one by one, I want to thank you all for putting so much attention to this radio. Even though it's not big as the other station and not even official, I'm happy enough to know that some of you are listening to me and even register to be a permanent member. Thank you."

Since quite a long time ago, I made an amazing antenna and equipment that I've never expected it work with my old radio. Actually Yoon Ra was a DJ for a radio station before, but the station was bankrupt and she gave me the equipments. Then I started to make a radio station and having fun with it. It's not a popular station, really. I just made it for the listeners who want to counsel their problems with me. In short, I'm an unprofessional counselor.

Because I don't really know how to say something spontaneously. That's why I made a script beforehand so I will never run out of the topic. Trust me, sometimes it helps a lot.

"So our first story came from user 0804JHnim. She said, I just dated a guy who's 2 years younger than me. Whenever we walk together, it feels awkward because it seems like he doesn't know what to do whether should or shouldn't hold my hand. I'm the type of girl who likes skinship but it's better for me if the guy approach me first. But he seems so shy and I don't know what to do. I just don't want our relationship breaks up because of this." I read it carefully. "Ah, it's quite tough because you're the type of girl who likes that guy to approach you first. Even though I think it's better for you if you get out from your comfort zone, I think it'll be much better if that guy understands your personality and attitude too. Why don't you try giving him a clue like slowly touch him first or maybe talking about another couples that doing skinship so fast? Hahaha, actually I don't really know if it's gonna help you or not, I'm sorry."

I know I'm also a clueless person here.

"Don't you think in a relationship, if the boy is younger than the girl, it might be very awkward unless the girl really takes a chance to approach first? Beside the matter of age, I think the boy will be very shy and so he will respect the girl a lot. Don't you think so?"

I sighed as I read the second story. "It came from the user sh123. Oh, it's a boy! He said, I just broke up with my girlfriend. My girlfriend thinks that I don't give any affection for her because I spend more time with my friends. But actually I always give her attention and affection like..., I always text her every night, I do spend time with her every weekends even though sometimes I meet my friend too at night. I do listen to her stories, I accompany her to go shopping. Maybe actually the problem is me..., I was a gamer. But I manage my time really well after we date. I don't know maybe she thinks I'm not serious with her or what?"

"Okay, I got this. I got this. She's jealous, I'm sure. Girls are like that, you can't blame us. We'll feel insecure because you were so close with your games instead of her. She just doesn't want you to put her for the second and the game for the first. I think because of the possibility you might leave her, she decided to break up with you first. She just doesn't want her heart to be teared up into pieces. But well, it's not your fault too. You were trying to put her first in your priority, right? But she just didn't get it right. So I suggest you to think that she's really not the one for you. If destiny says she is, then I'm sure both of you will meet up soon and make it up. But if she is not, then just think for the better day of your life. You'll meet someone who's much better than her, believe that. Every good people will meet a good people too." I said.

"Okay, let's move to another story. Here we have from user abc0525. I don't know whether she's a girl or he's a boy, so I'll just read the story. I'm a 20 years old student in university. I went to study overseas when I was 15 then came back to South Korea when I was 18. Before I went overseas, I was quite close with my mom. We talked to each other like best friends and hang out quite often. She understood me and never scolded me. But after I went overseas, everything has changed. Both of us live in the same house, of course since we're a family, and so there's no day without a really frightening fight because we really have so many things in uncommon. We argue a lot, and it usually ends up with fight. I don't want to be like this all the time because I know it's wrong. Besides, it looks like I'm making my dad and sisters afraid of me. I don't want to do this anymore."

I sighed and shook my head slowly. "I think that one is one of the hardest problems. When you have a problem with your friends our your lover, it'll be much easier to fix it. But when it comes to family, it'll be harder because there's a tight bond between a family. And it'll be much harder if both of you are a stubborn. I know usually teenagers from overseas will act differently from when they were still in their country. I think because the overseas culture stays with you even if you've already stayed in your country for a long time. Because it's new, so you will not forget it. It's kind of..., more free, right? And maybe because of that, you'll have a lot of fights with your mom, because both of you have a different perspective." I took a breath. "Well, I can't give you a clear solution because I don't see it myself what happen between you and your family. It'll be unfair if I stand on your side when I don't even know the reality is. But all I can do is give you an advice; I suggest you to be more understanding, face it wisely. You know you often fight with your mom, so that's why it's important to stay calm whenever she's angry. Don't fight back, don't argue back. I'm sure she'll slowly calm herself down if she doesn't find any reason to fight with you. In short, don't lit a fire to the gasoline."

"Okay, we're coming to the next problem!" I said excitedly. "From user Shiningshawol0804. She said, I'm a fangirl of SHINee and my bias' name is Kim Jonghyun. Of course, you can notice it just by seeing my username. What I want to tell you is..., loving SHINee is really hard. Even though I'm enjoying every seconds fangirling over them, it doesn't mean I'm always smiling in my real life. And it hurts. It hurts because the fact is many people around me insult my idols. They don't like it when I spend some time from my life to be a SHINee's fan. I don't like it when they don't respect my choice to support SHINee. Even though it doesn't make me like SHINee less, it's annoying. I always argue with my mom whenever she knows I'm not studying but watching SHINee's videos instead. She's always angry whenever she knows I spend more than a half from my money to buy SHINee's merchandises. And my friends got angry, telling me I'm not loyal just because I don't hang out with them, I choose to play with my laptop and make SHINee's fanarts. Is that all wrong? Why all of the people around me telling me to stop loving SHINee when I've fallen too deep for them? I don't think it's wrong with it. I don't think there's anything wrong. Don't you think it's better to be a fangirl instead of being a drugs user or e?"

I nodded my head as I absorbing her words one by one. "Actually I've never fallen in love with someone, I mean... Well, I've ever fallen in love but it was always one sided love. Because of something, I know guys won't see me as a girl. It's really painful, but I don't mind it and so let's forget about it. Then about loving an idol..., honestly I've never experienced that before. I don't even know K-Pop idols or even actors nowadays. I don't really like music, that's why no wonder people thinks I'm boring. But it doesn't mean I'm bashing them. Hurting people will be the very last thing to do in my entire life. I respect all of our Korean cultures, but I just don't know some of them. However, my sister likes K-Pop too! But I don't know who's her idol, I just know that far." I said. "But since we're orphans, we don't have any parents to take care of us anymore. Based on my experience, I hope you'll spend more time with your family, especially your parents. Because you don't know when they'll leave you or when you'll leave them first. And they're the closest person to us; without your mom, you won't be here in this world. It doesn't mean I ban you for being a fangirl, no. I think being a fangirl is not wrong, absolutely not wrong. I'm sure you have your own life too, and everybody has their own idols for sure. For me, my idol is my mom because she taught me a lot. Well..., what I'm trying to say is you should be wise to manage your time between family, friends, and your idol. Don't let your idol becomes your first priority, but don't let the world ban you from loving your idol. And I'm pretty sure you're a student? That's why now I'm asking you to pay attention with your grades and scores. Love your life and your imagination equally. No offense here but I'm sure your idol doesn't like it when he has a so-so or stupid student as his fans. He wants you to grow up and be a mature fans that realize you have a personal life to take care of too. Even though I also think that being a fangirl is way better than being a drug users, I believe that everything that's too much will never be good. Don't overdo something, even if it's just buying some merchandise. You have your own future too. Do you understand?"

I feel so sorry for her after saying such things. Really, I have no intention to hurt her. But well, it's my opinion.

"Now, here it's the last story!" I smiled cheerfully. "You always say your name, Park Min Jung, every time you start this counseling radio station. You're really good in giving advices and you know your listeners' feelings quite well. I wonder..., what kind of a person are you? Please describe yourself and a picture your life-"

I paused for a while. I didn't expect to get this question. It feels so unusual and strange at the same time.

"-and if you don't mind, please tell us a story about you. You usually read a story about us, now why don't you tell your story? I want to hear it as a listener. And actually, I like your voice."

I blushed at that compliment. Ah, this listener better be a guy. I don't really like it if girls act so cheesy.

I have a battle with myself. I'm not used with this question and I've never been used to describe myself well. I don't even think I have a nice voice and a good enough advice to my listeners. Well, I just do this counseling for fun. Why did this question come all of sudden?

"Well..., I'm not good in express nor describe myself... So I'll just tell you some important informations about me." I decided to give it a try. "As you probably know, I'm Park Min Jung. I'm a woman, was born in 1993. I have an older sister, and yeah she's really pretty. She's a goddess, indeed. We live together in an apartment, it's too expensive to buy a house and it's not necessary to have a house just for 2 of us. I... I just graduated from university. I like reading books, cooking, and giving advices. I'm a very clean and tidy person, I clean the apartment everyday. I'm searching for jobs right now. Even though I usually have a bad luck, I hope I'll get a nice job this time. This is how I life; I wake up every 5 AM morning, make a breakfast for me and my sister, working as a temporary staff in an old book store, go home and do the counseling radio, wash the dishes and clean the apartment, take a bath, prepare for the dinner, then go to bed.
 

Sometimes I go shopping for the grocery on weekends. It's really boring, I have nothing more to share. And I have to thank my sister because she helps me a lot for the living expanses. We share it together, though. That's why she's busy with her job. I'm not telling you about her any further."

"Now that I've told you about myself. Do you want me to tell you a story? Okay. Here we go." I tried my best to not sigh. "When I was in my third year of middle school, I sent a love letter for my senior. He's a very handsome and cool guy, and he's smart too. That's why he's really popular among girls. I admit that I was brave enough to send him a love letter like that even though I believed that there are so many other pretty girls have sent it to him. In that letter, I said to him that he inspired me a lot, he was my sunshine and I liked his smile. I told him that he didn't have to reply to my letter, but just accepted it would be enough for me. Then the next day I was so shocked because he approached me and told me he wanted to be my boyfriend. When I asked him "Really? I'm not pretty and I'm not smart. I don't have any friends in school. Do you really want to be my boyfriend?", he just laughed. Unexpectedly, he teared off my love letter in front of me and said, "It was only a joke. Today's April Mop, right? Ah, you have no sense of humor! Actually in reality, no guys will ever ask you to be his girlfriend. Your life isn't a fairy tale, you're not a cinderella. Just accept the reality and we'll see it if you could survive in this cold and cruel world or not. I don't think there's even one people willing to stand behind you."

I know I was so stupid. But well, he made me realize that I'm strong enough to live without a guy like him. But well, nowadays, I don't really believe in guys. So whenever a guy does something good for me, it means he's really kind and loves me as a human, not because he loves me as a girl. That's why I think I, and the other girls too, have to be careful with guys. Don't ever think a good looking guy surely has a good personality too. But look for a guy who has a good personality, then slowly you will look at him as a good looking guy. Don't you think it's true? We have to learn from our experience, especially our mistakes. Learn from it, beat your fear, and be stronger than before. Hence your life is not anyone else's life, you should be able to stand up with your own feet when you fall."

I looked at the watch, it has been 1 hour long since I did the opening speech to this counseling station. Now it's the time to say goodbye.

"Let's wrap it until here. Thank you for listening, thank you for your messages too. Hopefully you won't get bored sending messages to me. I'm really welcome to all kinds of messages. I'm sorry if my words ever hurt you, even though I've never meant to. So, everybody, please have a nice day and thank you for listening to Blue Day! Goodbye!" I did the closing part and turned the equipment off.




P.S. I'm sorry that I use "Blue Day", it's similar with Jonghyun's Blue Night, right? I don't mean to do a plagiarism of that name. But since I made this story, dedicated to Jonghyun mostly, so I just want to give you the feel of everything about Jonghyun like his radio thing, his hobby for writing lyrics, his daily unique attitude, and else. I'm sorry if I can't make you get the feels 100%, and thank you for your understanding. Don't forget to leave a comment, subscribe, upvote. Thanks!