Mother, father, gentleman?

Much to do about something

It was around 5.30 when we arrived at Kris's house. Pressing the code to unlock the house, Kris opened the door's to his appartment. Not gunna lie, but everybody knew Kris was loaded. It's not like I'm not well off myself but my family doesn't really show off how rich they are. Being the only son of the CEO of a famous law firm, it's not surprising that his house was nice. Coming into my view was the living room: a panoramic view of Seoul could be seen through the windows, beige leather sofas facing it offering guests (and owners) a chance to relax and see the beautiful view. Lining one of the walls were two mahogany book cases filled with various items such as books, pictures and vases of different shapes, colour and sizes. 

Placing my bag down beside the coffe table, I sat on the sofa making my self comfortable whilst absorbing the night view of the city. 'Do you want anything?' I heard Kris ask from the kitchen. 'Mango juice...on second thought, you got any coke and ice cream? I kinda want a coke float'. A sigh was heard from the kitchen and the familiar fizzing of coke and ice cream reached my ears; the sound of footsteps were getting closer and closer before the towering figure was next to me, placing two glasses on the table before sitting on the seat beside me. The fusion of coke and ice cream made its way to my mouth as I drank one of the many ingenious creations of the human race. From the corner of my eye I could see face looking at me incredulously.  

Finishing our drinks we began to discuss the main reason why I was at his place - the school project. Topics such as characters, genre and plot weaved in and out of our conversation with occasional tangents in between each one. Looking up at Kris I emmediatly regretted my decision. 

' Oi, Chibi!' I scowled at the nickname. 

'What do you want, bean pole' 

He smirked. Freck, I know that smirk, it's the 'I'm planning your doom' smirk. I should know, it's the very smirk I use when Jackson does something stupid.

' Remember how we made a bet on our places in the mid-terms last week and how you mentioned you would beat me and get first place.' I nodded skeptically. ' Who won that bet'. Did I mention I hate this dude?

'You did' I grumbled bitterly. Stupid giant, 's goin down. 

'Well do you remember what the consequences for the loser was?' 

It was two weeks before mid-terms, that akward moment when most students realise that there's actually an exam coming up and they haven't prepared for it one bit apart from the occasional flip through the text books. Classrooms were noisy, some students were desperately trying to 'unscrew' themselves from their unprepared state whilst others still didnt give a single damn that mid-terms was slowly approaching, like a lion slowly creeping up before pouncing on those who were unprepared. Me, well me and my friends were walking along the corridor when I saw him. The bane of my existence, lord of darkness, bringer of miser-

'Oi Shortie' 

Turning on my heel, I spun around to confront the owner of that obnoxious voice who just so rudely interupted my inner monologue. 

'What do you want now Kristina'

I retorded with my own equally annoying nickname. The origins of said nickname came from the fact that when we were 10 years old, a dragonfly started to fly around Kris during our camping trip. I swear Kris's scream went so high it can put Ariana Grande to shame. 

I smirked inwardly at the memory.

' Mid terms are coming up, are we still gunna have our seasonal exam battles or have you finally realised you'll never beat me and you're gunna forfeit this time' Face asked nonchalantly. 

'Well since you are oh so confident that you'll win first place-'

'Again' Kris interrupted. 

' Why don't we make a deal?' Kris raised his eyebrow at my proposal. Good, I've got you right where I want you. 

'Whowever wins first place, which will be me, can make one wish the has to grant. Only till the winner is satisfied with their wish can the loser be 'freed'. 

'Call. Prepare to be my slave Jae'  

You know how whenever there's like a fire, or when someones hurt an ambulance's siren goes off? Well various siren's and bell noises were currently going off in my head right about now. Kris was standing pretty poised. His hands resting casually in his pockets, shoulders were laid back, and him lazily shifting his weight on one foot but betraying his calm posture was his face. He looked at me like a hawk locked on to his prey, which unfortunately was me. His lips curled into a cheshire cat like smile ( if it can even be called a smile) and after what felt like an eternity he spoke. 

' So genie looks like it's time for you to grant my wish...turn me into a gentleman '