Cause work is a pain in the

Much to do about something


Maybe being paired with face wasn't that bad of an option. I mean I could've gotten worse like being partnered up with Sae Rin or the obnoxious Woohyun. For once in my life I decided not to look at the costs but rather on the benefits. For one: face was smart, smarter than me, much to my dismay. Ever since we were kids I've always had this one sided rivalry with Kris. He was always good at everything. Parent's and adults alike adored him because of his good looks when we were kids not to mention his intelligience and a nack for sports.I on the other hand was nothing but a mere shadow trailing behind his every step. Back then I was the chubby kid, the class nerd, the one who followed Kris around just because he was the only 'friend' I had back then. Ugh, I'm rambling again, man I really need to stop that. 

Benefit number two. We're childhood friends even though we practically ignore each other every time we walk past one another in the corridor. So it's pretty safe to say that we're kinda used to ignoring each other's existance especially since our parent's are practically BFF's. No awkward small chit chat with parent's, no need to fill in the silence with miniscule conversation, oh and good food. face's parent's make really, really good food. 

You might not believe me for this next one, but despite his usually lazy demeanor and his constant saying of (and I quote) 'It's not my style' when he doesn't want to do things, when it comes to group work he definately pulls his own weight. Kris isn't that much of a jerk to leave all the work to one person - I think anyway. Besides at least we can actually get some work done. face should be grateful that I'm his partner, I'm one of the rare species in this fangirl infested school that doesn't burst his eardrums with every miniscule action that he does. 

I looked around scanning my eyes amongst the sea of girls in my class. A majority of them were either; a) putting on make up, b) ing and/ or gossiping about who knows what or c) making sly looks at the guys giggling amongst themselves about how 'cute' they were. Yup deffo lucky. 

My thoughts were soon disrupted when I felt the presence of someone towering over my desk. I looked up, turning my body to the side, only to find myself making eye contact with Mr. face. 'What' I asked boredly my eyes looking dully at him waiting for his reply. 'Project' was his one worded reply... as expected. I motioned him to set down on the desk next to me. The guy who owned the seat, Kihyun, was currently talking to his partner Wonho about the project. When he sat down I initiated the conversation, since let's face it, he's never the one to start a conversation.

'So where do you want to meet up to do the project? Outside or one of our houses? I ain't bothered'

'How bout my place, Dad's out for a company meeting and it's only me and mom in the house. I doubt we'd be all to study at yours' 

As much as I hate to admit, face was right. My older brother Chanyeol usually brings his friends over and they make so much noise. If his friend's aren't around he either plays on his drums or on the guitar and if he doesn't feel like doing that he's usually bothering me. Nodding my head in agreement I suggested what time we could meet up at his place.

' Straight after council meeting yeah?'

.................................................................................

After six hours of class, two breaks and a couple of stop overs to the toilet in between, school was finally finished: at least for the majority that is. Trudging along the school corridor with it's pale beige walls and endless numbers of posters, leaflets, fliers and notices (which never even get noticed most of the time) I knew I was getting closer the council room. The constant bickering of the department representatives could be heard from the very end of the hallway and it was always the sport's and the dance reps who were the loudest. Word's were flying back and forth like a tennis ball on a court as I opened the door to the council room. Jackson was standing up leaning forward across the table firing arguments to Youngji who was doing the same, their repsective partner's Bora and Kai were looking at each other ashamed at their childish behaviour. From the corner of my eye I saw Kris's thick caterpillar eyebrows twitch in annoyance. I sighed, taking a deep breath I slammed my hands on the table creating a loud 'thud' that silenced the bickering. 'Okay that's enough we'll hear all your complaints in the meeting, but first I need to take a register of who's here'. 

One by one I called out the members of the departments. There were a total of six departments who have representatives as part of the school council, all of whom were present today along with the head boy and girl, me and Kris. Unfortunately Sae Rin had to be one of the reps for drama, but then again it makes sense. She's a first class actress when it comes to fooling everyone with that 'perfect' image of hers.

Currently the council was debating on what to do for the annual spring festival. Kris was standing in front of the room with me by his side ready to right down any suggestions that the reps had onto a word document that was up on the smartboard. 'Well the drama, dance and music department can all work together to show a musical right, I was thinking Hairspray. The score for the music is pretty good and it's a pretty fun show overall' Henry suggested his eye's twinkling with excitement. The other department reps who were mentioned nodded with agreement. ' The dance department can help with choreo, and if you need any back up dancer I'm sure the club members would happily be inolved' Kai added. 

'It's a good idea but where do we get all the set from, our budget can't afford to pay for set'. Nice one Kris. 

'It's okay, art can cover for you, we can help paint and make the set' smiled Hongbin. 

'I can tell the journalism team, to help advertise the show, we'll work with Hongbin for all the photo's covering work behind the scenes and the show itself...if that's okay with you of course' asked Sooyoung from the Korean department. 

'Now that that's sorted all that's left is sport...Yo Jackson got any bright ideas?' 

'Well, uhm me and Bora were thinking that sports can put on public tournaments between club members. Even though they often do this regularly for training, none of the students outside the club ever get to see them' 

'Plus' Bora added' I thought it'd be fun if two of the matches could be teachers vs teacher and students vs teachers. We could have the teachers dress up during matches as well' 

'Alright that sounds like a plan, moving on...' 

An hour passed by and the meeting was finally finished. Jackson and Youngji were walking towards me, when Kris pulled me by the arm. 'Hey! That hurt!' face looked at me boredly giving me his ' Do you think I actually care face'. Stupid angry bird.

 'English remember?'. 

'Yeah, yeah. But seriously why couldn't you just remind me like any normal person. Was pulling my arm really that necessary?!'.

'....'

I sighed. Of course, I forgot that he ain't normal. I looked back at Youngji and Jackson who were sniggering at my predicament. I gave them a pointed look before turning back to Kris whose eyes were practically saying 'Are you finished yet.' I walked ahead doing a salute to the other two telling them I was leaving. 

'Have fun on your date'. 

R.I.P Jackson. 

Ok well that's the end of this chapter. I know it's been more than a month since I last posted but exams were coming up and I still have some exams in the next few weeks. I hope you can understand. The main plot will kick off in the next few chapters so until then...

Peace!