Chapter 02: Roses

Our Song

Amber parked her car a few meters away from my house. She opened my door for me and we walked to the two stories residential building which painted light yellow.We stopped as we reached the porch.

“I always adore this Orange House of yours, you know.”

“It’s yellow, Amber. Light ye-“

“Really wish one day I could spent the night here.”

I blushed a little hearing what just had came out of . I fully aware she didn’t mean anything ‘censorable’ but my mind being naughty and I quickly shook my head.

“Hope you enjoyed today.” Silly you, every time I spend with you is the most enjoyable time to me.

“It’s okay. You did well choosing a good place to eat pancakes.”

“I knew you’d like Nanny’s Pavilion. The place is cute just like you.” There again. How could she say something that makes my heart skip a beat so easily?

“But you fed me so much I could get fat you know. Take me somewhere adventurous next time.”

“Your wish is my order~”

We just stood there for the next seconds as none of us wanted to leave.

“You better get inside, it’s getting la-“

I gave her a quick peck on her cheek before hurriedly ran inside. Haha, this time it’s my turn to make your heart skip a beat.

I finally reached the door and came inside when I heard a noise from the opposite direction of mine.

TAP! TAP! TAP

To my surprise, my sister, Jessica, was running toward me. For a split second I thought we were gonna collide as I only stood there confused by her action. But then she reached the door knob and went outside.

“Yah! You punk! You’re 10 minutes late, you know?!”

“You look so beautiful today, Sica-ssi!” I looked over my sister’s shoulder to find Amber already running away after she said that, avoiding Jessiac unnie’s tantrum.

“Hi, unnie~” I said as we both now inside the house.

“I really don’t understand why you still hang out with that punk. Not to mention she is a she.”

“She is not like what you think unnie. And I hang out with her because she knows how to have a real fun. Anyway, how come you’re already home?” I asked simply just to avoid another interrogation.

“Things got real boring at the office so I decided to come home,” said a Head Manager of BLNC and Co. Yes you heard it right guys. “I’m going out with a couple of friends tonight. You should come. I can introduce you to a decent boy.”

“Hahaha, enjoy your time, sister.” I made my way to my room quickly. Matchmaker Jessica could really get annoying.

After took a hot, nice bath I felt so sleepy I decided to take a quick nap before doing the pile I called homework.

--------------------------

!

When I said quick nap I meant only half an hour at max. But now I took a glance at the clock and it showed 21:22 and I glanced at my study desk where the ‘ pile’ waited to get done, soon. I quickly sat tight and started doing it.

It’s becoming my habit when I am working on some works I turn on my Ipod and plug in into the speaker, filling my room with music. I always think it helps me to finish my works faster.

Everything went smoothly until the 5th song played and it was by Paper and Minds. I tried my best ignoring the fact that the voice I was hearing right now was my favorite voice. As if it only made me smiling like idiot, I let go the pen I was holding and searching for my phone.

Two missed calls and some LINE messages.

The call was from Sulli and... Amber. Sulli perhaps just wanted to remind about the books I promised her to bring tomorrow. The books were already on my bag so I decided to not call her back. As for Amber I was very intrigued to call her back but I had a feeling that the call would go on for hours since none of us willing to hang up. So, no. With that evil pile, every hour could really help me.

Then I checked my LINE. Sulli, Naeun, group, MinHo *yikes, classmate, class mate, and finally, I opened the message from Amber. I burst into laughter as I saw sleeping JongHyun oppa’s face were full of pen drawing from eyes to mouth. I read the caption:

- I did a great job didn’t I? I’m really talented on face painting I think I might try be one.

I write ‘stupid’ then clicked send. The picture was sent an hour ago, bet Jonghyun oppa was beating the crap out of my lovely vocalist right now, kkkkkk. Ah, did I just say ‘lovely’ in my head, I bit my lips.

After closed my phone, I couldn’t help but thinking the moment we had this afternoon. She said we don’t really need a song to remind us of us. She told me to stop searching cause it was such a waste of time. Sometimes I thought that Amber never takes us seriously. It’s been three months since we were seing each other but I never really hear her saying ‘I love you’. Maybe we’re both busy having too much fun we don’t even know what we are anymore.

-----------------

I couldn’t sleep last night. After finished tons of homeworks, I felt my eyes were getting heavy so I crawled my bed, pulled my blanket, and tried to sleep. But weird thing happened as I couldn’t fall asleep. I wanted to call Amber but it was way past midnight and didn’t even sure what to say to her. I didn’t wanna sound like a little kid. In the end I only could sleep for like 3 hours before I decided to just wake up and went to school early. Who knows I could take a quick nap before the class started.

I took a quick shower then come down to have breakfast. The house is already empty so I guessed Jessica-unnie was staying at her friend’s house. It turned out to be true as I checked my message in my phone. After make sure I locked the front door a the gate I went right to Korea Kent High School.

As expected, at this time not much student had arrived at school. Even I can see the janitors still cleaning the entrance. As I walked past them one the janitors waved at me with a big smile on his face. I didn’t think I know this ahjussi but I still waved back at him and bowed a little. I continued to walk to my classroom which is on the 2nd floor. It was weird to see the hallway empty. Students usually fill this hallway much more in the break time. So I just went straight to my class, I reached the door handle went inside and something surprising caught my eye.

I saw a flower bouquet at my desk.

I slowly moved toward my desk, picked up a flower. There was a card that said:

- I love your smile. I always did and always will. So please keep that smile on your beautiful face.

- Love, AJL

I lost words. I was just standing there, in the middle of an empty classroom, holding a flower bouquet. After a long moment that felt like a scene of a drama, I sat down. Then I searched my phone on my pocket, typed ‘I love your smile too –xo’ and sent it to the only meaning of love I could think of right now.

I was walking up the front porch steps

After everything that day had gone all wrong

And been trampled on and lost and thrown away

Got to the hallway, well on my way

I almost didn't notice

All the roses and the note that said...