Two

Wasn't Supposed To

 

“I’m sorry I’m late guys. I was held up in class.” Tiffany said as she arrived in Linkin’s.

It was a Wednesday night and Tiffany somehow ended up having dinner with Taeyeon’s friends. The group managed to persuade Yuri into treating all of them. And here she was, in a long table with 10 other people.

“That’s alright Fany. Take a seat next to me.” Taeyeon said as she scooted to make room for Tiffany. As Tiffany sat, she noticed something was wrong with Taeyeon.

“Taetae, are you sick?” She asked as she felt the girl’s forehead. “I’m good. I went to the doctor’s today. They did some tests on me since I wasn’t feeling well. But don’t worry, I’m fine.” Taeyeon explained.

“Okay. Just rest when you get home okay?” Tiffany said. Taeyeon looked like she’ll pass out any minute. It worried Tiffany a lot since Taeyeon doesn’t easily get sick.

 

Tiffany observed the group. She had met almost everyone in Taeyeon’s group of friends. And fortunately, they’ve been really welcoming. She felt like she actually belonged. It’s been a while since Tiffany has had this kind of feeling. It felt good.

As Tiffany was observing the group, her eyes somehow ended up at Jessica. Jessica sat in front of Taeyeon. And just like her, she didn’t look good too. ‘Looks like she’s sick too.’ Tiffany thought.

She didn’t know if she can ask Jessica if she needed anything. She didn’t know if they were close enough to actually do that. The first and last time they had a conversation was when they watched a movie in Sunny’s dorm. It was really short and it was exactly 2 weeks ago. Tiffany didn’t even know she counted the days.

 

“Yah Sooyoung! You ordered a lot!” Yuri’s shout broke Tiffany’s train of thought.

 

During dinner, Taeyeon wasn’t her usual bubbly little self. She didn’t eat much too. She just gave short answers whenever she was asked. Tiffany noticed that Jessica kept checking up on Taeyeon too.

 

“You sure you’re fine?” Tiffany asker her.

“Yeah, I’m okay. Don’t worry too much.” Taeyeon answered.

 

How can I not worry? It’s you..

 

Even after they were finished, Taeyeon still didn’t look good.

 

“I guess we’ll head home guys.” Tiffany started. “It’s getting late and Taetae needs to get some rest. And I think we need to send Jessica home too. She doesn’t look good either.” Tiffany continued as she gathered hers and Taeyeon’s stuff.

“Sure guys, just take care okay?” Sooyoung said as she was getting another slice of the pizza they ordered.

“We’ll be leaving too. It’s late and Nicole’s mom is going to kill me if I don’t get her back to her dorm on time.” Hyoyeon said as she and Nicole bid goodbyes to their friends.

 

The four waited for Jessica to get a cab and started walking back to their respective dorms.

 

 

“Oh my God. You guys actually believed I was sick!!” Taeyeon said to Tiffany as she started to laugh.

“You’re such a Tae!” Tiffany playfully said. “You got me really worried.”

 

“Why’s Taeyeon a ?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Well, ask her.” Tiffany replied.

“I wasn’t actually sick.” Taeyeon said with a wink.

 

“Oh wow. That’s just—you’re crazy Taeyeon.” Hyoyeon said and grabbed Nicoles’s hand so they could leave the two. Especially Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon kept giving Tiffany with that look again.

 

“Uggghhh I’m not even gonna ask. Just tell me.” Tiffany groaned.

 

“Jessica kept asking me if I was okay! She was actually concerned! Oh my god. I’m so great. She noticed me. Yess!” Taeyeon exclaimed as she pumped her fist in the air and did a silly dance. She didn’t care if people were looking at her weirdly, she got Jessica’s concern anyway.

 

Tiffany didn’t know what to do anymore.

---

Another week passed and Tiffany tried to stay away from the group as much as possible for two reasons: one, because of Jessica, and two, because of Taeyeon. She didn’t want to admit it, but it hurt her seeing the two interact.

 

She wasn’t able to do so though. Since Taeyeon is her best friend, she didn’t have the heart to reject the girl whenever she texted her to hang out with her friends.

 

 

It was a Friday night and the group decided to have a drink. It was Tiffany’s first time with them, and from what she has heard from Taeyeon, the group doesn’t take alcohol too well. Except for Sunny and Hyoyeon maybe.

 

Loud music was playing and the smell of smoke was everywhere.

 

Tiffany ended up sitting next to Jessica. Why? She wasn’t so sure.

 

It was when Tiffany was already on her 3rd drink that she was suddenly aware of everything Jessica did. Tiffany’s not that keen of an observer, but now, she even notices how Jessica’s eyes crinkle a bit when she laughs. Or how she flinches slightly when she gets surprised by sudden bass drops. Or how she rakes her hair with her hand whenever Hyoyeon messes it up. Or how---

Tiffany needed to stop. She doesn’t get drunk easily, even Taeyeon knows that, but somehow she blamed the alcohol.

 

“Did you get what they said?” She could feel Jessica’s breath on her neck.

“Huh?” Tiffany asked and turned her head.

 

Tiffany flinched at the proximity of their faces and both of them jerked their heads backward. Tiffany glanced at her friends and no one seemed to notice what had happened.

 

Jessica leaned closer to her and said, “I asked you if you got what they said? I’m lost.”

Tiffany leaned towards Jessica’s ear and said, “I think they were talking about Sooyoung’s lovelife right now. I can’t hear them clearly with the music playing.”

“Well, Sooyoung’s lovelife is actually a bit interesting if you ask me.” Jessica said again, still leaning towards Tiffany’s ear.

“Why do you say that?”

“She’s in a relationship but she’s actually not.” Jessica said. Her breath tickling Tiffany.

“Huh? I don’t get it.” Tiffany forgets that Jessica’s still leaning close to her and turns her head again. It must be the alcohol.

They stare at each other until Tiffany realizes she’s been staring at Jessica and turns her head back.

Jessica doesn’t flinch. “She’s in a pretend relationship.” She said.

“With who?”

“Yuri.” Jessica said.

 

Tiffany turned her head again to Jessica. To her relief, Jessica wasn’t leaning close to her anymore.

“What? Why?” she asked.

“Just for fun. They’re both just playing though. I don’t know what would happen if it becomes true.” Jessica explained.

“Well, they look cute together.”

--

“I need some fresh air. I’ll be going out in a bit.” Tiffany excused herself from the group. So far, she was still okay. And surprisingly, the group was handling their liquor well.

“Can I come?” Jessica asked.

“Sure.”

“Better not make-out in the bathroom guys.” Sooyoung tipsily said. Taeyeon and Sunny almost spat their drinks and stared at Sooyoung like she was crazy.

“Duh, I’m kidding.” Sooyoung said.

 

The two girls just laughed at Sooyoung’s remark and left.

 

Tiffany was wrong, not everyone handled their liquor well.

--

It was weird. Tiffany knows she definitely likes Taeyeon. But now, she isn’t sure anymore.

Here she was, walking aimlessly with Jessica. They just got out of the bar a few minutes ago and the fresh air relaxed Tiffany. She needed it after inhaling tons of smoke.

“Tiffany,” Jessica started.

“Hmm?”

“Is it okay if we go to Starbucks right now? I need coffee. I think I drank too much.”

“Sure sure”

“Yay!” Jessica clapped. She looked like a kid who just got her favorite ice cream.

 

Cute

 

Tiffany didn’t expect Jessica to grab her hand and lead her to a nearby Starbucks.

--

 

“Taeyeon likes me doesn’t she?” Jessica asked casually as they sat at one of the tables in Starbucks.

The statement startled Tiffany a bit and she ended up pouring coffee on herself.

“Ahh!!”

“Oh my God, I’m so sorry, I didn’t think you’d react like that.”

Tiffany started cleaning the stain she had on her blouse. She frowned a bit. I just bought this.

“It’s fine. I was just shocked. And the stain’s not the visible so it’s okay.” Tiffany brushed off the accident.

 

“So, you didn’t answer me.” Jessica said.

“If you already know, why are you asking me?”

“I’m just making sure. I don’t want to seem desperate.”

 

Wait. What?

 

“Desperate?”

“Yeah, I kind of like her.” Tiffany noticed the slight tint of red on Jessica’s cheeks as she said that. It was definitely not the alcohol.

Tiffany ignored the slight pang in her heart. She didn’t know why. Maybe because she’s afraid of competition? She already lost anyway since Taeyeon likes Jessica and Jessica likes her too.

So much for competition, Tiffany.

 

“Well, you could just tell her?” Tiffany said trying her best to sound okay. When in fact, she’s not.

“Maybe I will. Will you help me?” Jessica asked, looking like a little kid. It was cute and Tiffany just wanted to pinch her cheeks.

 

With Jessica looking at her like that, how could she say no?

 

“Sure.”

“Yay! I’ll give you my number. Give me yours too.”

 

“We need to go back, Sooyoung might think we’re really making out at some place.” Jessica said as she led Tiffany back to the bar.

She missed the slight blush Tiffany had on her cheeks.

 

The only good thing about helping Jessica is that she got her number. She got Jessica’s number.

--

“Well, there you guys are!” Taeyeon said a little bit louder than usual. Tiffany already knew her best friend was drunk.

 

“Oh god taetae, I told you not to drink too much!” Tiffany scolded her best friend.

“W-well, I gotchu, you’ll take curr of mee.”

Tiffany groaned and glanced at Jessica. The girl was giggling at the scene.

 

Suddenly, Sooyoung came out of nowhere. “So, Jessica, how was Tiffany? Is she good?”

Tiffany blushed again. Good thing the bar’s lights were dim.

 

“Huh?” Jessica asked.

“Just ignore her Jessica. She’s drunk.” Yuri came and assisted her ‘girlfriend’.

 

The group eventually left the bar after two more hours.

 

“I’ll take you guys home.” Tiffany said to Jessica as they walked out of the bar with Taeyeon in tow.

 

“Who would I drop off first? Taetae or you?” Tiffany asked Jessica as they settled Taeyeon in the backseat. “Let’s take Taeyeon home first. Since she passed out already. You’d have a hard time getting her back to her dorm all by yourself.”

“That makes sense.”

 

The car ride was silent. Tiffany took casual glances at Jessica while driving. The girl looked cute trying to stay awake.

“You can sleep Jessica, I can handle this. I’ll just wake you up when we get to Taetae’s.”

”But it’ll be boring for you! And who knows, you might ram us to a bus. I don’t want to die just yet.” Jessica joked.

“I’ll try not to.” Tiffany winked at the girl as she carried on with her joke.

 

They soon got to Taeyeon’s dorm. Jessica assisted Tiffany in taking the girl to her dorm room. She stayed behind when Tiffany changed Taeyeon’s clothes. She was blushing when Tiffany jokingly offered her to change Taeyeon’s clothes. This earned Tiffany a shove from the girl.

 

Taeyeon slept like a log when she was drunk. She didn’t even wake up when Tiffany changed her clothes and put her to bed. Tiffany was used to this. It wasn’t that often Taeyeon ends up like this but she knows what to do.

 

 

“Don’t you think it’s weird?” Jessica said. They were now on their way to Jessica’s house. It was a bit far from the dorms students usually stayed in but Tiffany insisted that she didn’t mind driving back and forth for the girl.

“What’s weird?”

“That we talk and act like we know everything about each other when in fact, we don’t.” Jessica lightly chuckled.

“Oh, righhht.” Tiffany dragged the last word.

But I know you have an incredibly beautiful face and a really nice voice.

 

“See? So tell me about yourself.”

“What do you want to know?”

“Favorite color?” Jessica started.

“Pink.”

“Really?!”

“What? You don’t believe me?”

“You don’t look like you like pink.” Jessica tried to suppress her chuckle.

“How judgmental of you.” Tiffany huffed, trying to look like she was genuinely offended.

“I’m sorry.” Tiffany saw how the girl beside her slumped her shoulders. She found it really cute she couldn’t help herself not to laugh.

“Oh god Jessica, I was kidding!” It was now Tiffany’s turn to laugh.

“I hate you.” Jessica crossed her arms like a little kid.

“You’re cute.” Holy . Did I just say that out loud?

“Thanks.”

“You have to tell me yours too.”

“Huh?” The confused look on Jessica’s face made Tiffany want to pinch her cheek.

“Favorite color. Whatever question you ask me, you have to answer it too.”

“Oh, okay, I get it. It’s yellow.”

“Should’ve known.”

Jessica lightly hit Tiffany on her shoulder.

 

Throughout the ride, Tiffany learned a lot about Jessica. She learned that Jessica only had a younger sister but had really close guy cousins she basically treats as brothers. She learned that she hates cucumbers and loves to sleep… a lot. Tiffany smiled as she remembered what happened in Sunny’s dorm before. Tiffany also learned that although Jessica sleeps a lot, she plays soccer, which shocked her the most.

“You should watch us play sometimes.” Jessica offered.

“I will. I’ll even take Taetae with me.” Tiffany .

 

Jessica, on the other hand, learned that Tiffany is an only child; that she hates fish eyes and loves pink. When Jessica said that pink was an invalid answer to the question, Tiffany just glared at her and said that it’s what she loves so she can’t do anything about it. She eventually discovered that Tiffany doesn’t play any sport.

The questions went on and on until they arrived at Jessica’s house. It was already 2am.

 

“Hey Tiffany, if you like you can stay here for the night.” Jessica offered as she and Tiffany exited the car.

“Naah, it’s okay. I told you, I can handle it.” Tiffany smiled and politely declined the offer. “I guess I’ll be going now.” Tiffany bid her goodbye. She was surprised though when Jessica stepped closer to her and gave her a hug. It was just a hug but Tiffany can feel how heart was beating fast. It was comfortable.

Why am I feeling this?

 

Jessica detached herself and smiled at Tiffany. Tiffany’s breath hitched. It was weird that she was having these feelings. I like taeyeon right?

“Hey, if ever you want to learn how to play soccer just tell me okay?”

Tiffany was still in a daze but eventually got over it. “Sure, thank you. Good luck on teaching me though. I at sports.”

Jessica laughed. “Let’s see about that.” She lightly pushed the girl signaling her to go.

“I guess I’ll see you when I see you? You guys have crazy plans.” Tiffany said as she entered her car.

“Blame Sunny and Sooyoung for that. You can add Taeyeon too.”

“As if I can.” Tiffany laughed. “Now, get inside and I’ll get going after.”

“But--”

“No buts.”

“Aww okay, Ms. Bossy.” Jessica clicked her tongue playfully and walked towards her doorstep.

“Hey, I am not!” They both laughed.

“Drive safely okay? Bye!”

“I will. Now go inside.”

 

The moment Jessica entered her house, Tiffany drove off with a goofy smile on her face. 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hi guys, you probably hate me but the first line of this chapter definitely reflects why I wasn't able to update. Sorry for that. But now, since my classes are over, I really have the time. Yay! I hope you enjoyed this. I'll make it up to you guys and try to updae again soon! Tell me what you think about this? :D And oohhh, thanks for the comments, subscriptions, and upvotes! You guys are the best! :)