1

Wasn't Supposed To

It wasn’t like she’s never had a crush on a girl before. She’s had a few, secretly of course, but she knows, this time it’s different. Way different.

 

“You’ve been telling me about this girl for a while now Taetae, you sure like her huh?” Tiffany asked her best friend as they walked around their school.

“I do! Why would I talk about her like a love struck fool if I didn’t? And yes, I know I look like that.” Taeyeon replied.

“It’s because you’ve liked like a million girls before! Remember Bora, Chaelin, Sunye, and oh, there’s So--” “Okay okay, shut up already. I know, I may have liked too many girls. I don’t know, I just have a crush on her.” Taeyeon cut Tiffany off and explained.

“Well, if you say so. I hope I can meet her soon though.” Tiffany said as she left Taeyeon to go to her next class.

---

Tiffany woke up to sound of her phone. Someone was calling her. “Hello?” She sleepily asked not bothering to check the caller ID. “Uhm. Hello. Sorry to disturb you Tiffany but can we meet today? It’s for Taeyeon’s birthday.” The caller said. Tiffany didn’t know who this person was so she asked, “Sorry but who’s this?” “Ohhhh. I’m so sorry. I’m so stupid not to introduce myself. I’m Sunny, Taeyeon’s friend.” The caller introduced herself.

Tiffany has heard of Sunny when she and Taeyeon have their usual talks. Apparently, Taeyeon’s really close to her too. People in their class even pair them up. They bicker a lot in class and no one even stops them, much to the class’ amusement. But no, she wasn’t the one Taeyeon was crushing on. They were just really close.

Tiffany met with Sunny for lunch. At first glance, she thought that Sunny was this really cute ball of sunshine. It was like she’s glowing with sunrays surrounding her. She was really comfortable to talk to and to be with. Sunny had someone with her too. Tiffany later discovered that her name was Sooyoung. Sooyoung was really nice. And really really funny too, ‘Taeyeon has a really nice set of friends’ Tiffany thought as they talked about Taeyeon’s surprise party over lunch.

---

She wasn’t there when they surprised Taeyeon. Heck, she didn’t even bother buying a gift for her. She knew Taeyeon would understand. They knew each other long enough to know that.

“Happy birthday!!” Tiffany squealed and hugged Taeyeon as she greeted her a minute before the day ended. They were studying for exams in one of the cafes around campus. They really needed the caffeine.

“Wait. You haven’t greeted me yet?! You .” Taeyeon playfully said which earned her a light shove on her shoulder. “I just wanted to be the last one to greet you.” Tiffany pouted said as she pulled away. “I know, I know, I was just kidding. Thanks anyway.” Taeyeon laughed as she best friend.

---

“So, when will I meet this crush of yours?” Tiffany asked Taeyeon while they were doing their homework at one of the cafes they frequented in. “I don’t know. Maybe someday?” Taeyeon answered as she continued to do her work.

“Can you at least give me her name?” Tiffany asked. She was really curious.

“Hmmm. Should I tell you? Let me think.” Taeyeon teased as she acted like she was really thinking about it.

“Of course you should! You tell me everything!” Tiffany responded.

“But, the question is, DO you tell me everything?” Taeyeon again.

“O-of course I do! W-what kind of question is that?” Tiffany stuttered as she defended herself.

“Then why did you stutter?” Taeyeon was really enjoying teasing her best friend.

“Ughhh fine, don’t tell me. I don’t even know her.” Tiffany acted like she was mad.

“Chill Fany, I was just playing with you.” Taeyeon said.

“So, will you tell me her name now?” Tiffany was all-happy again. Though they’ve known each pther for a really long time, Taeyeon still doesn’t understand how her best friend can change moods so easily.

“Her name’s Jessica.” Taeyeon finally said.

“It wasn’t hard telling me her name wasn’t it? Wait. Jessica?! That’s an English name! She’s from the States too?!” Tiffany asked Taeyeon a little too loud. “Yes, she is. Now calm down.” Taeyeon answered her. “Really? I can’t wait to meet her!” Tiffany half-shouted as she clapped her hands happily, her eyesmile showing. “Woahhh, I said calm down. People are looking. And why are you so interested anyway? It looks like you’re the one having a crush on her.” Taeyeon playfully scolded her best friend.

It’s because you like her. I want to know what she has that I don’t.’ Tiffany thought to herself. Of course she can't tell Taeyeon that.

“I’m just excited to meet her. She must be really pretty. Why? You jealouss?” Tiffany dragged the last word as she teased Taeyeon. “Oh please, as if.” Taeyeon retorted and they laughed it off.

---

Tiffany and Taeyeon were walking around the science building when they heard someone shout, “Hey Taeyeon!” It was a girl who was passing by behind them. She was with another girl too. Tiffany wasn’t able to see their faces as students started filling the hallway. “Oh, hi!” Taeyeon shouted back while waving to the girls as they were a bit far from each other already.

“Hey, who was that?” Tiffany asked.

 

“That’s Jessica.”

---

Hey Tiffany, let’s have dinner together!” Sooyoung asked her through her phone. ‘Hmm, should I go?’ Tiffany asked herself, “Sure! Where will I meet you guys?” She said. “Just meet us at Linkin’s. We’ll wait for you there.” “Okay! Thanks Sooyoung!” Tiffany said as she ended the call.

 

“Tiffany, these are Jessica and Hyoyeon. They’re our friends too.” Sunny introduced two girls to Tiffany. “Guys, she’s Tiffany. She’s Taeyeon’s best friend.”

“Hi Tiffany! Nice to meet you!” Both girls greeted her.

Wait. Did Sunny just said Jessica?’

“Uhh Tiffany are you okay?” Sooyoung asked, slightly worried that the girl zoned out.

“Oh. Yeah, I’m fine. Sorry guys. Hi! I’m Tiffany! Nice to meet you too! ” Tiffany smiled and greeted the two girls.

As they were waiting for their orders to be served, Tiffany asked Sunny, “Sunny, where’s Taeyeon?”

“Oh right, I forgot. She told me to tell you she was stuck in biology lab since Yuri messed up their experiment. They had to do it again.”

“Yuri?” Tiffany asked.

“Yeah, she’s our friend too.” Sunny answered her.

While the group talked, Tiffany silently observed Jessica. Jessica was really pretty, in a slightly-boyish-but-not-really kind of way. But for sure, she was definitely pretty.

She thought to herself, ‘So she’s Jessica? Damn, Taeyeon really knows how to pick a girl.’

‘I can’t compete with her. She’s really really pretty.’ Tiifany told herself.

Dinner ended and she wasn’t even able to talk to Jessica. Not even a word.

---

The second time Tiffany saw Jessica was when she was at Sunny’s dorm. Tiffany arrived while they were watching a movie. She knows she haven’t seen it before, the scenes were unfamiliar. She sat on the floor and asked Sooyoung, ‘”Where’s Taeyeon?”

“Stuck in lab.”

“Again?”

“Yuup. Yuri messed up again. It’s a good thing the prof’s nice and let them do it again. The other class’ professor is a monster.” Sooyoung said.

“Ohh okay.”

Tiffany’s back was hurting so she decided to move to the couch on the other side of the room. The light coming from the tv was her only guide to the couch and when she reached it, she just blindly sat.

“Ooof!” Someone said but not loud enough for the others to hear. Or the tv was just too loud.

“Oh god, I’m so sorry. I thought no one was here.” Tiffany stood and apologized.

“It’s alright. You woke me up, but it’s alright. You’re light too.” The person under the blanket said.

“Uhm. Je-Jessica? Is that you?” Tiffany whispered.

“Yeah. It’s me.” Jessica answered still not moving.

“Do you mind if I sit beside you?” Tiffany asked.

“Oh yeah, sorry. I’ll scoot over.” Jessica finally revealed herself and said.

“Thanks.” Tiffany said as she sat.

Tiffany didn’t expect it to be a horror movie. She wasn’t scared though. But she ended being bundled up with Jessica with the blanket a while ago. Weird? Maybe?

Jessica wasn’t scared too. She was actually….sleeping.

How can she sleep while watching a horror movie?’ Tiffany asked herself as she looked at Jessica. In the middle of bobbing her head forward and backward, Jessica managed to rest her head on Tiffany’s shoulder.

Weird? Maybe?

As Tiffany looked at Jessica, something crossed her mind. But she easily brushed it off.

 

She’s even prettier up close.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hello there! Sorry I took so long to update! In celebration of Jessica's birthday, I posted this chapter! Yay! Happy birthday Jessica! And also, please tell me what you think about this chapter? :) Thanks guys!