Advice and Memories

When You Come Home

--7:00 AM--


Letting out a big yawn, I stretch my arms above my head and roll over to check the time, smiling when I spot Kibums note still stuck to my desk. A small sigh escaping my lips as I think about last night, how happy Kibum sounded at the thought of spending the day at the amusement park with me. Burying my face in my pillow I grin like a fool, trembling at the thought of Kibum dragging me by the hand to get to the next ride, flashing that heart stopping smile as he sees a giant stuffed animal, giving me pleading eyes to win it for him. And of course I'll win it for him, I'll win the biggest and fluffiest stuffed animal he can carry if it means I get to see that smile. Laughing at the thought of Kibum carting around a giant teddy bear I get out of bed, still grinning as I pull out my work clothes and feel a ping of excitement when I catch a glimpse of the pink vest poking out of my dresser. Running a hand over the beaded material I try to imagine the look on Kibums face when I give it to him, he'll probably squeal and jump with joy just for the fact that it's pink. Letting that image stay in my mind I toss my clothes on my bed before shuffling out of my room, deciding to eat before getting dressed.

Fiddling with the coffee maker I finally get it ready to brew, then step over to the fridge in search of breakfast as I listen to the coffee maker spurt to life. Humming to myself I pull out a wrapped plate, popping it in the microwave before digging out a spoon and fork then fishing my coffee cup out of the drainer. Pouring my coffee I find myself lost in thoughts of Kibum again, how he looks so cheerful first thing in the morning, dancing around the kitchen in his pink and white apron with his hair sticking every which way from sleep. "He's always smiling..even in the morning.." I think to myself, being brought back to reality when my cup over flows and coffee scorches my hand. Yelping at the sudden pain, I set the coffee pot down and stick my hand in the sink, feeling instant relief as the cold water runs over my skin. "You're such an idiot Jong.." I mumble to myself as I look at the puddle of coffee on the counter, slowly dripping onto the floor. "Yup. Real idiot.." I add turning off the water and retrieving a rag.

After cleaning up the mess I successfully pour myself another cup of coffee, grab my breakfast and sit down at the table. Munching happily I ponder how I'm going to tell Kibum my feelings, running over all the different possibilities as I try to decide which approach would be better. "Should I go all out and do a dinner theme? Maybe I could do something corny like write him a love note...no I tried that and just ended up stuffing it in a box with all the other failed attempts...hmm...Should I just blurt it out when he walks in the door..?" I mumble to myself as I push my food around on the plate. "Ugh! I don't know what I'm going to do!" I huff stuffing a spoonful of Kimchi into my mouth then taking a swig of coffee. Scarfing down the rest of my food I stand up and put my plate in the sick, feeling utterly defeated at the thought of confessing to Kibum. Running my hands through my hair, I give up on the debate for now as I grab my clothes and head for the shower.

 --9:30 AM--

Pulling into work early I grab my suit case and head for the front entrance, nodding at the clerk as I walk by when she smiles. Getting comfortable in my chair I pull up today's' tasks, groaning when I see the long list of numbers and complaints I have to deal with.

"I see you've found today's list." Jinki chimes walking in.

"ugh.." Is all I manage to reply as I scroll through the seemingly endless numbers.

"Oh it's not that bad.." He says cheerfully, plopping down next to me and rotating his chair to face me. "Trust me, this is nothing compared to the complaints we got when we first started the business." He chuckles.

"I don't know how you did it then.." I mumble still scanning the list and making notes.

"Patience my friend, lots of patients and way too much coffee." He says smiling at me with an amused expression.

"How are you so cheerful this early..?" I grumble running a hand across my face.

Laughing at my attitude he simply places a hand on my shoulder, "How are you so grumpy this early?" He say mockingly, and I have no way to argue. Sighing in defeat I simply shrug my shoulders as I turn away from him, bringing my focus back to the work at hand.

"Speaking of being cheerful, you seem happier today, did something happen..?" He asks eying my suspiciously.

"Me? Happy? Jinki are you delusional?" I reply turning to look at him, giving him a confused look.

"No really, you seem.. well almost giddy today.." He says raising an eyebrow at my tapping fingers and bouncing leg. Realizing what he's talking about I force my body to stop moving, making him laugh as he leans back in his chair. "So I was right." He says with a mocking grin.

"Oh whatever..." I mumble turning back around, trying to ignore his gaze practically boring holes in the back of my head.

"You know you can tell me anything right?" He starts to say, as I see him lean forward and place his hand under his chin, the international sign that says he's not going to give up any time soon. "Really Jonghyun, there's nothing wrong with being happy first thing in the morning.." He pries with an all knowing stare that makes me squirm in my seat.

"Seriously, I just had too much coffee this morning.." I respond fixing my gaze on the now, oh so fascinating meeting board.

"Must've been some strong coffee." He chuckles while squeezing my shoulder, making me jump from the unexpected contact. "Really strong coffee.." He adds smiling sinisterly.

"Yeah..strong coffee.." I mumble trying to focus on the numbers in front of me, but thoughts of Kibum keep flashing through my head, making me fidget and blush as I try to avoid Jinki's stare.

"Oh come on Jonghyun!" He chimes, "Let me in on the big secret!" He adds nudging my shoulder and making my whole body tense up. Pretending to not notice I stare at the screen in front of me, starting to calm down when he doesn't say anything right away."So..did you meet someone?" He blurts out, causing my hand to fumble with the mouse and knock a stack of papers to the floor. Staring down at the floor in shock as Jinki erupts with laughter I feel my cheeks go red, unable to talk as my heart threatens to beat out of my chest. "I'll take that as a yes." He says still laughing, "Who would've guessed that the icy Jonghyun would fall for someone." He trails off looking at me in awe.

"Would you just shut up!" I barely squeak out, still unable to look at him as I try to regain my composure

"So...who is it?" He says poking at my side, "Anyone I might know?" He adds in a slightly more serious tone.

"No one you know!" I blurt before going wide eyed when he grins back at me.

"So I was right, there is someone!" He says ecstatically while leaning forward and patting my shoulder. "Well congrats Jonghyun..I'm glad you finally found someone that makes you happy." He chimes standing up and giving me a broad smile. "Well I'll let you get back to work now.." He adds looking a bit mischievous before quickly slipping out of my office. Dropping my head onto the desk I mumble something incoherent as I hear him gossiping already,

"Are you serious?!" One of the female co workers asks him.

"Sure am! Our Jonghyun has finally found someone!" He replies cheerfully, as I get up and poke my head out into the hallway.

"Jinki could you not-" I start to say but am cut off when the female co worker smiles at me and gives me a thumbs up before giggling and running into her office. "Ugh!" I groan blushing harder as I turn around and head back to my chair, "Great! now the whole office is going to know..." I mumble setting my head on the desk, as I listen to the giggles and whispers down the hall grow. "Perfect..just perfect.." I add trying to tune them out, knowing it's going to be a very long day.

--7:00 PM--

Dropping my suit case by the front door I shuffle into the house, "Damn that Lee Jinki..." I grumble flicking on my bedroom light. "He just had to open that big mouth of his.." I add recalling all the giggling from EVERY co worker I passed today. Letting out an annoyed sigh I plop down on the bed, wanting nothing more than to vanish into thin air thanks to Jinki. Lying on the bed I flail my legs, feeling absolutely ridiculous for letting my guard down so easily at work, "Ugh! I haven't even confessed to Kibum yet and I'm already getting at work!" I yell at the ceiling, hopelessness setting in with the realization. "Ugh that's right.." I grumble, "I only have three more days to think of how I'm going to tell him.." I continue, dragging a hand down my face at the thought. "How in the world am I supposed to come up with a good idea in three days?!" I spout completely frustrated with the situation. "Maybe I should ask Taemin for advice.." I think sitting up and staring at my phone. "Oh but that means I'll have to tell him about Key!" I whine dropping the phone and burying my hands in my hair.

"Well I guess it's the only option I have.." I mumble after awhile, picking up my phone again and pulling up his number, pushing call and feeling more nervous with each passing second.

"Hey Jong!" Taemin answers happily, "What's up? I haven't heard from you in awhile, how's everything going?" He asks.

"Oh hey Taemin..everything's going alright.." I say slowly, "How have you been?" I add trying to prolong the inevitable.

"Things are going good! Works been great and I've been able to spend more time with Kai since he came back from over seas." He says cheerfully

"That's great!" I say trying to sound less miserable then I feel.

"Hey is everything okay Jong? You sound a little off.. something bothering you?" He asks, making my stomach drop at his ability to pick up on my mood so quickly.

Running a hand across the back of my neck I let out a sigh, "Actually yeah.. I wanted to ask you for some advice.." I say quietly into the phone

"Some advice? Well okay, about what?" He replies in a suddenly serious tone.

 "Well you see...the thing is..." I mumble then go quiet

"Just spit it out Jong!" He says laughing, "what ever it is I promise not to judge okay?" He adds, making me feel a little bit better.

Letting out a big breath I finally tell him what's on my mind, "The thing is, there's someone I really like, and I don't know how to tell this person how I feel. But I really want to tell them, I just don't know how to and I thought maybe you could help me...?" I say in a rush, mentally cursing myself for sounding so pathetic towards the end.

"No way?!? You're finally gonna tell him?!?" He shrieks through the phone, leaving me totally confused at his response.

"Wait what..?" I ask baffled

"Kibum! You're finally gonna tell Kibum that you like him!" He blurts, and I swear my heart actually stopped for a minute

"Wait...what...how...when..?" I mutter completely dumb founded

"Geez Jong! it's so obvious with the way you smile when you hear his name, or how you act when he's around. I'm actually surprised he hasn't figured it out yet..." He says, and I feel like some one just dropped a bomb on me.

"But..But.." Is all I can mumble, all my nervousness turning into confusion.

"Oh this is so awesome!" He yells ignoring me, and I still can't process the fact that he knows, I mean I thought I hid it pretty well... "Oh my god! You have to come over and let me help plan this out! This is going to be great! Aaaaah! I can't believe you're finally gonna do it!" He squeals.

"Yeah..okay..but..how did..." I stutter

"Oh my god Jong! Snap out of it already! I know you're in love with Kibum, have been for years. Now can we please talk about how you're going to tell him?" He huffs.

"Alright yeah..." I say, "Wait! I'm not in love with him!" I add in a shrill voice once I realize what he's said

"Uh huh..sure.." He responds teasingly

"Seriously Taemin! Yeah I said I like him but I never said anything about being inlo-"

"Oh hold on a second I'm getting another call," He says cutting my off just before the line goes quiet.

"That little..." I mumble into the phone as I feel the blush spreading up my cheeks from his words

"Alright I'm back!" He chimes, "I have to go and help Kai with something, is it alright if I call you tomorrow? We can plan more then." He says as if we're planning a party and not laying my raw feelings out on the table.

"Uh yeah sure..." I mumble, "I'll talk to you then." I add

"Alright! Talk to you later lover boy!" He yells before hanging up with a laugh

Scoffing in disbelief at his words I hang up and toss my phone aside, laying back and stretching my legs as a wave of relief hits me when I realize I'm no longer alone with the whole Kibum situation. "I'm not sure if I should be glad or worried that he knows.." I mumble rolling over and staring at Kibums note stuck to my desk, "Oh whatever, I'll deal with it tomorrow" I grumble getting up and heading for the kitchen, suddenly feeling starving because I skipped lunch to catch up on some work.

--7:30 PM--

Shuffling into the kitchen I pull out a container from the freezer, pour its contents onto a plate and toss it in the microwave. Leaning against the counter I wait for the microwave beep, then fish out my plate and head back to my room. Sitting down I spot my remote and decided to watch some tv while eating, so I flick through the channels and absent mindedly shovel food into my mouth. After what seems to be forever that I've been channel surfing, I give up on finding something to watch and toss the remote aside, only then remembering the movie sitting next to the VCR. "I know I said I'd wait..but I can just watch it again when he comes home..." I think to myself getting up and popping in the tape. Going back to the bed I sit down and continue eating and wait for the movie to start, being completely caught off guard when instead of seeing  "grease" I see a much younger version of Kibum decked out in 70's clothes, pop up on the screen.

"What the..?" I mumble setting my plate aside and leaning forward, trying to understand what I'm seeing.

"Hey Jong! Come over here so I can see both of you." A voice I recognize as Kibums grandma says

"Okay!" I hear a voice yell, then see my younger self dart across the screen before holding Kibums hand and smiling at the camera

"Oh are you two just precious..!" I hear her say as the camera zooms in on our faces, capturing the two of us grinning back at her while we do our signature piece signs. "Okay are you ready?" She asks as the camera zooms back out and shakes a little bit from what I assume is her sitting down.

"Yep!" We yell in unison before Kibum runs over and pushes a button on the cd player, then his favorite song from "Grease" starts to play. Running back to the center of the living room, Kibum nudges my shoulder and smiles at me, that smile he gets when he's about to break out in dance. And sure enough he does, and I'm right there next to him flailing my arms about and jumping around the living room while we sing along to the music, me as Danny and Kibum as Sandy

Plopping down on my stomach I'm suddenly transfixed on the tv

The younger Kibum and I recite the whole song while attempting to copy the choreography from the movie, Kibum dropping to the floor dramatically, then smiling when I come strutting over and pull him up into my arms, grinning like a totally dork before letting him go and intertwining our fingers to take our bow. Kibums grandma abandoning the recorder on the table as she shuffles over to us and wraps us in a hug.

"Oh that was perfect!" She coo's at us "It was like watching the real thing!" She adds ruffling our hair.

"Grandma stop!" Kibum says pushing her hand away and laughing, then smiles up at her when she pretends to gasps in horror at the fact of being swatted away.

"Okay okay, I'll stop.." She says in a low voice before leaning down and pinching his cheek.

"Grandma!" he bellows, rubbing his now pink cheek with one hand as the me on the screen laughs, only to stop when she looks at me with an eyebrow raised.

"Oh and you did wonderful too!" She says grinning at me, pinching both my cheeks for laughing at Kibum. Enduring my punishment I just smile up at her and say thank you, soon copying Kibum as I rub my aching cheeks while grandma giggles at us. "Alright you two, are you ready for the next song?" She asks going back to the couch and grabbing the camera before refocusing it on us.

"I was born ready!" Kibum bellows, running back over to the cd player and hitting play before taking his place in the center of the living room once again. "Ready Jong?" He asks beaming at me, to which I just nod and smile before the two of us are back to jumping and flailing about.

Completely engrossed with the video, I don't hear my phone go off until it's almost too late. Reaching for my phone I push pause on the remote then answer with out checking the caller ID.

"Heeeello?" I answer happily

"Hey Jong! It's Kibum, what are you up to?" He replies just as happily

"Oh..Hey Kibum.." I stutter, "Not a whole lot, just watching a movie.." I add mumbling

"What movie?" He asks automatically

"Oh um...I'm not sure what's it's called...I just popped it in so I had something to watch while I ate.." I lie, knowing he'll be upset if he knows I was gonna watch "Grease" with out him

"Well what's it about?" He asks, sounding like he's honestly interested

"You know.. just your average action movie, cars and bombs and such.." I reply slowly

"Ugh action movie?" He says with distaste, quickly losing interest like I hoped

"Yup, it's pretty good so far." I chime, making sure he buys it

"That's..cool..." He mumbles. "Well anyway, I was just calling to see how everything's going since I hadn't heard from you all day.." He adds sounding a little disappointed with our lack of communication, which is odd cause he normally goes days with out talking to me

"Everything's going fine over here, how's things over there?" I ask, but suddenly get distracted by the thought of something being wrong with Kibum, I mean he has been calling a lot over the past few days..

"Jong you there?" he asks, and I realize I must have zoned out while he was talking

"Yeah sorry.. I just spaced out for a second, what were you saying?" I reply, quickly forgetting what I was thinking about when I hear him sound so happy as he repeats himself

"I was just telling you how everything's going great over here, grandmas been baking like crazy for the past few days so I'm totally gonna have to cut sweets out for awhile..Oh! and I got some awesome stuff at the flee market today! You wouldn't believe all the cool stuff I found!" He chimes, and I can't help but smile at the fact that he gets so excited when it comes to shopping.

"Really? Like what?" I ask, not really interested but knowing Kibum is dying to tell me, so I play along

"All kinds of stuff! Clothes, and shoes, this awesome skin cream I've heard tons about that's supposed to be like reeeally good for you. I got some neat cook books I can't wait to try out, they have all kinds of crazy recipes..Oh! and I got some really pretty curtains that would be perfect for the living room, they're pink of course so I couldn't resist..." He jabbers on, and I just sit there and smile while I add an "mhm" and "no way!" every now and again when he stops talking long enough to make sure I'm listening. This continues for some time before he stops and says, "So what did you end up doing today? Well other than work or course." He adds

"Oh you know, the usual. Came home and messed around on the internet, talked with Taemin for awhile and got caught up on everything he's been up to, turns out Kai came back from over seas recently and he couldn't be more thrilled about that..and that's about it..I haven't been home long so I haven't really had time to do anything else.." I say feeling lame talking about my boring day.

"Kai came home? Well that's good, I thought Taemin was going to go crazy with out that boy here to hang out with!" He laughs towards the end, and I can't help but laugh too when I picture Taemin sitting on the couch pouting because his best friend left again.

"Yeah he's happier than a clam now." I add grinning, remembering how chipper he sounded when he brought up Kai

"Well that's good to hear!" He responds cheerfully, "Oh grandma needs help in the kitchen so I gotta go, I'll talk to you later Jong!" He says in a rush

"Okay, I'll talk to you later Kibum, Bye!" I reply before I hear the familiar dial tone, then push end call and lay back in bed smiling. "Needs help in the kitchen..pfft whatever Kibum, you just want to be the first one to get a piece of whatever she just pulled out of the oven.." I say with a chuckle.

"Speaking of eating.." I mumble rolling over and spotting my previously abandoned plate, scooping it up I finish my food off quickly before returning my plate to the kitchen and shuffling back to my bedroom. Glancing at the clock I see that it's not even 9 o'clock yet, but dismiss the early hour as I plop face first onto the bed with a thud and sprawl out like a starfish. "Ah..perfect.." I sigh burying my face in blankets, "Think I'll crash out earlier tonight.." I add smiling as I lean over and turn off my lamp, but the second I close my eyes my phone goes off. Flipping my phone open I see that Kibum messaged me, "I just talked to him, what could he possibly want..?" I think to myself as I tap the screen to read the message,

Hey Jong! I just wanted to pop in and gloat about how great grandmas cookies are, 〜(^∇^〜)(〜^∇^)〜  seriously they are like the best thing ever! p.s. Sorry if I woke you up, but I really needed to tell you about these awesome cookies, and I promise to bring you back some! Have a good night Jong! Love ya lots ~Bummie

"Ha! I knew that's the only reason you went into the kitchen!" I say shutting my phone and chuckling before rolling back over. "That little sugar fiend.." I mumble into my pillow, the words barely out of my mouth before I'm fast asleep and dreams of Kibum and cookies dance around my head.