I Miss You

When You Come Home

--10:00 AM--

Completely satisfied with the fact that I found the perfect gift, I order it and close my laptop with a grin. "Oh I can't wait to see the look on his face when I give it to him..." I chime, practically squirming with excitement. Setting the laptop down on the counter I get up and stretch my legs, finally remembering the food that I left abandoned on the table. Retrieving my plate, I sit back down and ponder what I should do for the rest of the day. Gulping down the Galbi *(Grilled short ribs) and Kongnamul Bab *(bean sprout rice) I run through ideas, since it's the weekend I don't have to work, and I usually just lounge around with Kibum. Sighing, I get up and put my plate in the sink, "maybe I'll do some shopping.." I mumble, heading for the shower.

--12:00 PM--

After getting cleaned up and dressed, I pocket my keys and phone and head out. Deciding to enjoy the sun, I walk to the market instead of driving, wanting to enjoy the scenery and avoid traffic at all cost. Strolling slowly down the packed streets, I weave in and out of crowds, still undecided as to what I'm looking for. Peering in shop windows I see all kinds of things, from homie nick-knacks to dream catchers, hand knitted hats to blown glass vases. There's so many different things here at the market, I'd almost forgotten you can find just about anything on these streets. I go to pass by a small stand, but something shiny catches my eye. Stopping dead in my tracks, I stare at the assortment of brightly beaded vests before me. Not thinking I reach out to touch one, but stop when I notice the elder lady behind the counter watching me. "Oh I'm sorry." I say bowing, "Is it alright for me to touch this?" I ask slightly embarrassed.

Her glasses slide down her nose a bit when she looks up and smiles, "Of course dear." She replies, standing up and removing the vest from its perch. "This is the one that caught your eye, correct?" She asks handing it to me.

"Yes ma'am, that's the one." I say nodding as I take the vest. "Did you bead these all yourself?" I ask in awe, as I trace the beautiful patterns.

"In fact I did! But some times my grand daughter likes to help with them too." She says, smiling at her own vest. "She made this one right here for me, it's lovely isn't it?" She adds with a twinkle in her eyes.

Looking over I gape in surprise, feeling disappointed in myself for not noticing the garment before. "It's breath taking!" I say with complete honesty, "You've taught her well I see." I add with a smile, taking in dark blue and green gem like beads adorning her vest, along with the intricately woven design across the front.

"Oh you flatter this old woman!" She says waving a hand in the air, but still continues smiling up at me as she thumbs the vest.

"Not at all ma'am! They're all so wonderfully done, you and your granddaughter are amazing!" I say grinning, still admiring the vest she handed to me.

"Oh stop!" She giggles, but suddenly stops and gives me a curious look. "So... are you looking for something for your girlfriend?" She inquires, lifting an eyebrow.

"Oh no..I don't have a girlfriend... I just saw it and thought a friend of mine would like it.." I mumble looking down, suddenly embarrassed with the pink beaded vest in my hands.

"Just a friend huh..?" She replies, with an all knowing smile.

"Yes, he's just a friend.." I say, but soon cover my mouth when I realize just what I've said. Seeing her smile widen, causing the corners of her eyes to crinkle in amusement, I know I've been busted. "Anyways!" I chime, trying to change the subject, "How much do I owe you for this?" I ask holding up the vest.

"That would be..." She starts saying, leaning forward and grabbing the price tag to read it "15 dollars."

Feeling my cheeks heat up in embarrassment from not noticing the tag, I look down and pretend so search for my wallet. "Alright, 15 dollars.. here you go." I say handing her the money.

"Thank you dear, and please feel free to drop by again, I enjoyed our talk." She replies taking the money and smiling up at me.

"I might take you up on that offer." I say with a wink, making the older woman giggle.

"Oh and one more thing!" She says as I go to turn away.

"Yes?" I respond, pivoting on my heel to look at her.

"He's a very lucky man, whoever he is." She whispers with a nod, and I can tell she really means it.

"Oh...Um..th..thank you!" I stutter as I bow my head, before all but running away as I hear her giggle behind me.

Ducking in and out of shops for the next few hours I don't find anything else worth buying, and start to feel hungry again so I eventually give in and head for home. Feeling the wind pick up as I walk towards the house I hug my jacket tighter, "I sure hope it doesn't rain.." I mumble, seeing the clouds growing darker above me. Knowing how agitated Kibum gets when it rains cause he can't go out side, because god forbid his hair gets frizzy. Smiling at the thought I continue forward, but just before I reach the front door I feel a rain drop hit my face. "Well Kibums not gonna be happy.." I chuckle to myself before heading inside.

--10:00 PM--

After cleaning for who knows how many hours, the house is finally spotless and I can now lay back and rest. Pulling up my laptop I listen to music for awhile, but soon feel my eyelids getting heavy. "Guess shopping and cleaning really took it out of me.." I mumble with a yawn, no longer able to focus on the screen before me. "Well I guess that means it's time to get ready for bed." I say putting my laptop on the table and stretching like a cat. Getting up I go to the closet in search of pajamas, my eyes crinkling in delight when I spot my favorite pair. "I see Kibum did laundry before he left too.." I think to myself as I pull days cloths off and head for the bathroom. Once in the bathtub I feel all my muscle begin to relax, a wonderful feeling after cleaning for hours if you ask me. Sighing, I slink down in the tub and submerge myself in bubbles, happy that I get to bathe for as long as I want with out Kibum nagging that I'm using all the hot water. Resting my head on the cold porcelain I close my eyes, and unwilling start to drift off to sleep. Feeling my face slide off the edge of the tub I jolt awake, sending a cascade of water on to the bathroom floor. "Oops." I whisper as I stand up and rinse the bubbles off while draining the tub, soon pulling down towels to dry the floor.

Finished getting dried off and clothed, I head back into the bedroom where my bed has never looked so comfy. Plopping down I let out a satisfied groan as my body sinks into the soft fabric, and I almost don't want to move even to get under the covers. But I soon remember I forgot to turn off the light when I roll over and it blinds me, causing my to squint in annoyance. Grumbling to myself I get up and turn off the light, then quickly shuffle back to the bed and wrap myself up in blankets. "Ah..perfect." I think to myself, rolling over and burying my head in pillows. But just before I can drift off to sleep my phone rings, and by the ring tone I know it's Kibum, and he'll get pissy if I don't answer.
An irritated growl leaves my lips before I pick up the phone and answer "What Kibum?" I say crankily, knowing I'm not going to be able to sleep for awhile.

"Ugh! Rude much?" He practically yells through the phone. "And here I thought you were actually missing me!" He scoffs.

"Look I'm sorry Kibum, it's just that I was trying to sleep and you woke me up..So don't be mad okay?" I say softly.

"You were sleeping? At this hour?!?" He says in disbelief. "You never go to bed this early!" He adds with a confused tone.

"Yes Kibum, I was sleeping." I mumble rolling over and sitting up to turn on the lamp beside my bed. "But I'm awake now, so is there something you need?"

"Oh well.. no not really.." He mumbles

"Ugh! Then why did you call?" I ask, trying not to sound annoyed but failing.

"I just wanted to talk to you.." He whispers, and I know by the tone in his voice that I've hurt his feelings.

Rubbing a hand across my face I mentally smack myself, "I'm sorry for growling at you Kibum..I'm just tired..Please don't take it personally okay?" I say in a lighter tone.

"Okay.." He mumbles back, and I can tell he's still a little upset.

"Bummie..." I coo through the phone, "I really am sorry..please forgive me?" I add with my goofy voice, breaking into a smile when I hear a giggle on the other end of the line.

"Fine whatever.." He grumbles with a laugh, which tells me I'm forgiven.

Grinning proudly, I lay back down and prop myself up with one elbow. "So what's up Kibum? Anything specific you wanna talk about?" I ask nonchalantly with a yawn.

"Hmm..Well I didn't really have anything specific to ask.. So what did you end up doing today?" He replies.

"Oh you know, the usual. Went out and did some shopping, came home and cleaned, listened to music. Normal weekend stuff, what about you?" I say

"Well I went shopping too, as you already know, but ended up leaving sooner than planned because it started raining. Can you believe how fast the weather changed?" He says annoyed, and that tells me he got stuck in a down pour. "I mean, it was sunny one second, then BAM! It's pouring down and my hair is a mess. Ugh, like of all days for it to rain it had to be when I was shopping, it was so lame." He says sourly.

Fighting back a laugh I simply agree as he babbles on about the rain and how frizzy his hair was, how he looked like a wet cotton ball and was oh so miserable for the rest of the trip. Smiling and nodding to his ramblings I forget about how tired I am, realizing just how much I missed hearing his voice.

"So what did you get when you went shopping Jong?" He asks randomly, completely throwing me off guard with the question.

"Oh..uh.. you know.. the normal stuff.." I stutter, feeling my cheeks heat up at the horrible lie.

"Normal stuff? Like what?" He prods.

"You know like, stuff for the house. Cleaning stuff and groceries and things" I say lamely.

"Groceries? But I just went shopping before I left..." He says confused

"Well yeah.. I just really wanted some stuff we didn't have so I decided to grab them while I was out.." I reply nervously, hoping he stops asking questions.

"Oh I see, that makes sense. So is there anything you'd like to talk about Jong?" He asks, and I let out a breathe of relief when his question has nothing to do with shopping or the pink vest that's currently peaking out of my closet.

"Um.. No not really... Honestly I'm just really tired and can't think of anything.." I mumble

"Oh! Well I should probably let you sleep.. I know you've had a long day and that you're tired.." He says sounding some what disappointed.

"Hey Kibum?" I say with another yawn

"Yes Jong?" He replies

"Can I call you tomorrow? Like earlier so we have some time to talk?" I ask

"Yeah of course!" He says practically b with happiness

"Alright." I say with a chuckle, "Then I'll talk to you tomorrow, good night Bummie and sweet dreams." I add before reaching over and turning off the lamp.

"Good night.." He mumbles into the phone. "Oh and Jong?" He whispers

"Yes Bummie?" I reply

"I..I miss you.." He stutters, and it feels as though my hearts going to burst with those 3 simple words.

"I miss you too Bummie.." I whisper with a smile, "So come home soon okay?"

"Okay!" He all but shouts, "I promise to come home soon!" He adds, and I don't think I've ever heard him sound so happy.

"Alright Kibum..Well I'm gonna go to sleep now, so I'll call you tomorrow okay?" I say feeling my eye lids getting heavier, knowing I wont be able to fight off sleep for much longer.

"Sounds good!" He chimes, and my heart flutters a little as I picture his smile, knowing I'll get to see it again soon.

"Good night Kibum." I whisper, starting to lose consciousness

And the last thing I remember before falling asleep is hearing Kibums sweet voice whisper back, "Good night Jongie..I can't wait to come home."