breakfast and sticky notes

When You Come Home

--8:00 AM--

Almost jumping out of my skin when my phone goes off, I blink through blurry eyes as the sun pours into my room. Squinting at the bright screen I feel as though I'm staring at the sun, scrunching my face up as soon as I read the message.

 

Morning Jong! I bet you were still sleeping right? >:) Anyways, just wanted to let you know everything's going well over here, and not to miss me too terribly much! ;)  I'm off to do some shopping now, so I'll drop you a message later! p.s. don't give me that face, you know which one I'm talking about, so stop it. I know I know, I woke you up just to tell you I'm shopping, I'm such a teeeerrribble person. *evil cackle* You know I love you, so stop making that ridiculous scrunched up face of yours. Well I'm off now, Laterz Jong!!    ~Bummie

 

Furrowing my brows at his message I can't help but let out a chuckle, "Damn that Kibum...He knows me too well." I mutter, tossing my blankets aside as I crawl out of bed. Standing up I stretch my back, satisfied when I hear the familiar *crack!* I straighten up and start rummaging through my closet, looking for todays outfit. Feeling a bit lazy about my appearance today, I settle with a pair of dark blue jeans and a black v neck, and toss on my favorite black sweat shirt. Satisfied with my cloths I finally emerge from my room, missing Key even more when I remember he's not here to nag about my "sloppy" appearance.

Letting out a yawn I decide it's time for a big ol' cup of coffee, cause I mean who can start their morning with out that extra boost? Running a hand through my hair I shuffle into the kitchen, only to find yet another note from Kibum.

 

Morning sleepy head! I figured you'd stop here soon so I took it upon myself to get everything ready before hand, since I'm not there to start the coffee like usual. Hope you have a good day Jong! See you soon! -Bummie

 

Smiling at his thoughtfulness, I push the button and run my hand across the note. "When did he have time to write these?" I mumble, amazed at his ability to plan ahead. Sighing I let my hand drop, but don't take my gaze off his swirly hand writing. It's so neat and pretty, like a girls hand writing, and how he dots his I's with hearts, gah he's so cute...

Grinning like an idiot I shake the thoughts of him away, turning to find a coffee cup in order to distract me. Opening the cupboards I locate my favorite cup, one of two we custom made with our picture on it, yes I'm a sap like that. Setting it down on the counter I also pull out a bowl, knowing it's cold cereal for breakfast for the next two weeks while Kibum is away. Still smiling I open the fridge to grab the coffee creamer and milk, noticing a foil wrapped plate with yet another note. Seriously? When did he have time to do all this? Sighing I pull the plate out and read the swirly hand writing before me.

 

With out me there to cook something warm, I bet you were going to eat cold cereal right? Well don't fret my dear Jong, I anticipated this and stocked up on a few things. There's plenty of premade food to get you through the next two weeks, all you have to do is microwave them. I'm awesome right? ;) You can make it up to me when I get home, so enjoy! -Bummie

 

Putting the plate down I go back to investigate the freezer, my jaw dropping at the sight. "How the hell.. when did he make all of this?!?" I stutter in shock, as I see container after container of already prepared food crammed into the freezer. Lifting out the first container it reads "Spicy Kimchi" with a little smiley face in the corner. "Ugh! Seriously! How does he know me so well?!?" I groan, stuffing my favorite food back into the freezer as I try not to smile. Scratching my head I try to think back to when he might have had time to cook all this, but the only answer  I can come up with is that he stayed up all night. "That's it!" I exclaim, remembering that when I had woken up in the middle of the night and Kibums side of the bed was cold. Meaning he had been gone for quite some time, I decided to go investigate what the Bummie was up to.

--Flash Back--

Feeling a cold chill run through my body, I reach over and pat the bed in search of Kibums warm side. Soon realizing he's no longer there when my hand is met with cold sheets. Opening one blurry eye I scan the room, but I don't see any sign of him in the room. Sighing I sit up and rub the sleep from my eyes, wondering what he could be doing at.. *Looks at clock*  2 in the freaking morning. Letting out a big yawn I stretch my arms above my head and try to listen for any indication of what he might be doing. Hearing the familiar sound of pots and pans in the kitchen, I get up to see what he could be making. Running a hand across my stomach I feel it growl, "guess Kibum had the right idea" I chuckle to myself while walking out of the room.

Peering around the corner I watch as Kibum shuffles around the kitchen, obviously lost in concentration. Taking light steps, I sneak into the kitchen until I'm right behind him. "Oh Bummie!" I shout, wrapping my arms around his waist and resting my chin on his shoulder. Feeling him jolt under my touch at my sudden appearance, I let out a small laugh.

"Jeez Jong! You scared the hell out of me!" He bellows, turning around to face me. "What are you doing up?" He asks, eying my suspiciously.

"I was just wondering what you were making..." I say quietly, trying to peer around him.

"I don't think so mister!" He says sternly, pulling me away from the stove.

"Ugh! But Bummie..." I whine, trying to wiggle out of his grasp.

"No buts!" He says, still tugging me out of the kitchen. "If you're hungry you'll have to wait, I'm busy right now." He adds.

"Busy? What are you doing?" I ask, honestly curious as to what he's up to.

"I'm just.. I'm cooking okay?" He replies, shifting his weight and avoiding eye contact.

"If you're just cooking then why can't I be in the kitchen?" I huff, annoyed that he seems to be hiding something.

"Gah! Just go back to bed Jong!" He says, shoving me towards my room.

"But I'm hungry..." I grumble, trying to stand my ground but my socks cause me to slide on the wood floor, making it easier for Kibum to push me.

"Too bad! You can wait till I'm done using the kitchen." He says, and I know there's no arguing with him when he's like this.

"Fine!" I mutter back, pressing my lips into a pout as I give him my best puppy eyes. "But when I die of starvation it'll be your fault." I mutter turning around to go back to bed.

"Ugh! You're such a big baby!" He huffs, reaching out and grabbing the hem of my shirt. "If you're that hungry then wait here." He says holding up a hand, silently telling me know not to follow.

"Thank you Bummie!!" I shout, wrapping my arms around him again and pressing my face against his back.

"YAH!!! Let go dammit!" He yells, pulling away from me.

Letting out a snicker I look up at him, feeling a grin tug at my lips when I see him smiling. "Okay Okay.. I'll wait here.." I murmur at him, knowing I wont get any food if I keep pestering him.

"Good." Is all he says before turning around and going back to the kitchen.

A few minutes later he appears with a bowl of rice and kimchi, "There, now go back in the room and eat. And if I catch you out here again...well you know what'll happen." He says handing me the bowl.

"Alright, I got it.." I say with a chuckle. "Thank you Bummie..." I add when he turns away.

"Your welcome Jong." He replies with a smile, "Now go" He says shooing me towards the room again.

"Okay!" I shout with a laugh. "Oh and Kibum?" I whisper

"What now?!" He huffs

"Good night" I mumble, as I go to shut my door.

But before it's closed I hear him whisper back, "Night Jongie.." And I can tell just by the sound of his voice that he's smiling.

--Flash back end--

Thinking about that smile I find myself grinning like an idiot, only to be pulled back to reality when the coffee maker beeps, letting me know it's finished. Laughing out loud I grab my cup and shuffle over to the machine, "That Kibum is too much.." I mumble, but can't help to feel happy that he did all this for me. Sighing I grab my breakfast and head to the table, fishing my phone out of my pocket once I sit down.

 

Hey there Kibum! I just found all the food you left for me and wanted to say thanks! I really appreciate all this, like REALLY appreciate it. You know I can't cook and you went out of your way to do this for me even though you were busy packing.. So thank you Kibum! I'll be sure to make it up to you when you come home, I promise! Well I'm gonna eat some of this tasty looking food now! Hope you're enjoying yourself! -Jong

 

Pushing send I settle down in my chair and begin eating my breakfast, but soon get distracted when I feel my phone buzz in my pocket. So pulling it back out I read but Kibum has sent me.

 

Oh I see you finally found it! Bet it took you awhile to figure out when I made all that huh? But no worries, as long as you enjoy it, it'll be worth it. But I will hold you to making it up to me! You'd better plan something good for all the effort it took, and trying to keep it a secret when you woke up and tried to sneak into the kitchen! Gosh you were such a pain that night! Anyways, I hope you like it! I'm gonna finish shopping now so I'll message you later!    ~Bummie

 

Groaning at the thought of trying to find a way to make it up to him, I rub a hand across my scruffy face. "Ugh..this is gonna be difficult.." I mutter, trying to think of something Kibum would like is quite the difficult task. He already has every cooking utensil known to man, plus he hates my pick of clothes so unless he goes with me that's out of the question.."Gah! What am I going to do?" I say out loud, glaring at my plate for answers. Just then the thought hits me as I rush into my room and grab my laptop. Completely forgetting about breakfast, I spend the next few hours immersed in finding the perfect gift. Scrolling through page after page, I finally find it. "It's perfect!!" I shout, almost knocking the laptop off my legs. "Oooh he's gonna love it!"