Chapter 04: Promise Me

Wild Heart

“You never mention to me that you are actually in the band,” she looked at me as we sitting right next to each other near the bonfire a bit far from the stage.

“You never ask,” I threw a pebble to the fire.

“And also I wanted to surprise you. Glad I did it. Your expression was so priceless back then,” I added.

There was a moment of silence again between us. Not the awkward one, but raher the comforting one where we both enjoying the company of each other. The next thing I knew I felt his smooth hair touching my shoulder as she leaned on me.

“No wonder you feel tired. You dance pretty hardcore back then,” I which she gave me a knock on my knee in return.

“I was dancing because-“

“My band was awesome and our music was good.”

“Because the crowd went so wild. I just got carried away,” she straightened her head and now was facing me. A smirk formed in her so-kissabele lips.

“So I was wrong?”

“Yes you kinda was.”

“Well, at least the crowd and evidently your friends loved us.” It seemed to me there is no way I’d win over this little princess.

As the night goes late, the wind got stronger and I noticed Krystal was only wearing a short skirt (not because I continuously staring at her legs, okay. I have manners.) so I took my varsity of and covered her legs.

“It’ll get dirty,” she said though without moved her body at all.

“It’s okay,” I replied.

“Which part of your jacket got dirty that is okay?” She asked.

“The ‘so I can get your bare legs warm’ part.” I smiled, deep inside I was kinda shock how sweet I could get, haha.

I felt her head on my shoulder again. Her jet-black hair touched my chin. Her body got real closer to me to share warm as it got colder.

“I still can’t believed I followed words from a total stranger.” She finally spoke.

“Well, life is full of unbelieveable things, isn’t it?”

“Not much unbelieveable things happen in my life, unfortunately.”

“I can give you as much unbelieveable things as you want.” I remembered my band and all the crazy things we’ve been through these past few years.

“Why don’t you start with joining me and my band on our bus. We’re going straight back to city so I can definitely take you home?” I asked her as I suddenly thought about that idea.

“Haha, I’m intrigued actually. But I can’t. As you said I don’t think my heart is wild enough to follow your adventure.

“Well, guess it’s better than “you won’t”.” Can’t lie I was a bit dissapointed but I guess it’s for the best. I totally can imagine JongHyun and Key would tease us from here to town non-stop.

“Beside, I need to go home with my friends.” Krystal looked across the bonfire where her group made a little party of their own.

“Will we meet again?” I asked hesitately.

There was that silence again before Krystal suddenly reached for her purse, put her hand inside to take a pen. Then she grabbed my varsity jacket, reached for the inner side, and started to write something.

Series of number.

Her phone number.

“Find me.” She said as she put back her pen to her purse.

“I can’t guarantee you anything- yet, but please find me,” she rested her head on my shoulder again.

“Plus you still owe me an ice cream, remember?”

“Because I was wrong?”

“Because you just have to.”

“Well, your word is my order now, eh, I guess?”

“Just promise me you will.”

“You have my words: I will.”

“It’s late. Should we... should we go... back?” I wasn’t really sure about what I mean with ‘go back’ actually.

“Let’s just stay a bit longer, yeah?”

Just with that, we spend the night looking at the sky above us. I thanked God for the very clear sky tonight along with the stars that shined upon us. My wild heart beat intertwined with the beat of her soon-to-be wild heart.

And I know it's late, I know it's cold

But come right here, I swear I'll never let you go

The way you move—it's wonderful

Let's do it now, 'cause one day we'll both be old

--------------------------------

Thank you so much for my lovely readers and subscriber. See you soon on the next story! xD