Chapter 03: Tonight We'll Dance

Wild Heart

15 minutes, I glanced at my watch.

I moved my legs so fast I thought I was starting to levitate.

Almost there.

SMACK!

“What the H....!”

“Yes! Hell would happen to you if I say 20 minutes and you only give me 15 minutes!” Manager Luna yelled at me after punched me in the arm.

“Sorry, but I have a good explanation for it.” I lifted my hands to avoid another punch to my body.

“That’s because Amber got herself a girlfriend!”

Damn these two. I rolled my eyes when I saw JongHyun and Key making a funny-slash-weird gesture to me as I got scolded by our manager.

“She is not my girlfriend,” not yet at least, kkkkkk, I gave myself a silly thought.

“Stop making a big fuse out of it. I was just observing about our popularity out there. And all I did was for you, manager-ssi,” I gave Luna my best smile so she would just forget the 5 minutes I was wasting out there.

“You’re free from punishment for now, I guess. Let’s just focus on Paper and Minds guys. We’ll be up after the next song finished.”

Yes! I knew I’d always get away from my manager’s punishment.

“I’m glad for you, you know. Finally you’ve met the person who you could share your deepest thought,” Onew gave me a pat on my back plus a wise smile on his cute face. Wow, never thought that Onew would be so concerned about me. I bit my lips and gave him my pretending-to-cry face.

“Thank you, bro. So happy you don’t even mind my soul mate turned out to be a girl.”

“Oh, love is love, yeah?”

And with a big smile we went up to the stage as we heard the MC was calling out our name. Thank God, you gave me a weird yet a lovable family through this band.

------------

As we reached the stage I directly went to the front to place my microphone on the stand. While the crew adjusted our equipment to the speaker, amplifier, and stereo, the MC moved forward to JongHyun to let him introduce our band. Even though I am the main vocalist of the band, I never really good at speaking in front of the crowd, so JongHyun always takes the job to open our stage.

“Hi, I’m Amber and I will sing my heart out for you,” I heard the crowd responding to my one sentence opening.

When other members were introduced, I scanned the crowd to find the only relevant human being to me right now. Ugh, it was so crowded also the stage lighting kinda blinding my view. Then I heard the last member saying his name, I gave up the searching for a while to focus on my voice and my guitar.

The intro of our main song was played as I strummed my guitar and Onew gave the beat to his drum. Then a moment later I started to sing the first verse of the song.

I scanned the crowd again but the damn light just kept bugging my eyes. Still no sight of her.

Second verse comes through my lips. Please be here, I started to pray. And finally, as if my prayer had been answered, my eyes could get away from the annoying lights. Almost got into the refrain lines when I finally caught a glimpse of a beret hat on a top of a beautiful long hair.

I found her and it looked like she found me first.

Tonight we'll dance.

I'll be yours and you'll be mine

We won't look back,

Take my hand and we will shine

Oh, oh, oh

She needs a wild heart

I got a wild heart

The entire refrain, my eyes only glued on her. She was standing not very far from the stage with both of her hands covered in shock. I sang my heart out hoping she would feel the same excitement as me, playing music with my band and (finally) having someone to share some joy.

The second half of the song, I really gave my best to show her how to be wild through music and just be free. The next moment I looked at her, she was dancing to the music with her friends with a big smile on her beautiful face.

And I swear on that moment, I could see sparks fly from her happy eyes.