Chapter 01: Got My Heart

Wild Heart

I was just playing with the tip of my hat when a rock on the road made the bus jumped a little. The bump made me straightened my sit and looked around. Jonghyun who sit across me was busy playing his electric bass with a headphone plugged tight on his ear. The bump didn’t seem to bother him much. On the most back seat, just like usual, I saw Onew and our manager Luna being all touchy-touchy. I just smiled looking at those two lovebirds. And as I changed my view to the front seat right behind the co-driver’s seat, I found our sassy keybordist having a deep conversation with the drivers. Yes, deep conversation.

“Please, find a gas station soon! The bump shook my bladder so much, It’s gonna leak at any moment!” Key dramatically plead.

“I told you 15 more minutes, okay. Also told you to just pee on the road so we don’t have to stop at every gas station! We could just stop here, you go out, put your skinny pants down, and there! Empty bladder!” Mr. Lee, our co-driver tried his best to explain the thing to Key.

“Yah, Key! I don’t really understand your problem. Even Amber here is willing to pee on the road so we can be at the festival on time. Why won’t you?” Jonghyun put his headphone down just to feel his seat was kicked by me. Just because I dress like a boy, doesn’t mean I pee like a boy too. Not yet at least, lol. I laughed in my mind.

“Oh, come one~ Just leave him alone.” Luna finally spoke in Key’s defense. “Let’s just stop at the next gas station. We could use that to loosen up our body. I’m getting tired of sitting actually.” Luna rested her head on Onew’s shoulder as she said that.

“Thank you, Luna-ssi! You’re the best!” Key lifted his two thumbs up and smiling at the groaned drivers.

“Only one more time, okey.” Luna looked sharply at Key.

Lol, my band is full of weird people. Ah, and no. In hell I would pee in the middle of nowhere like this. I thought as I went back to sleeping position on my seat.

------

“Two minutes, okey Key! Two minutes!” Jonghyun shouted from inside the bus as Key move his little legs fast toward the toilet.

I saw a mini market just next to the gas station and suddenly realized my stomach actually growled asked to be fed.

“I’m gonna take a look at the mini market. Anyone needs something?” I asked around.

“Chicken please~” Onew raised his hand.

“I’m not sure they sell the kind of chicken you like, hyung. But I’ll give a look.”

I jumped out of the bus when Jonghyun shouted something about minutes which I replied only with a swing of my hand.

Only a few steps away from the gas station I reached the mini market. And as I touched the front door there was a person from inside that touched the handle too. We were not moving for a split second as I tried to get a better look of that person.

It was a girl.

A mini skirt and a beret hat are the only thing I could recognize from this side, separated by a blur-glazed door. It was kinda awkward moment as the door only swing one way from outside to inside. So the girl needed to step to the side as I pushed the door.

And that was the first time our eyes met.

No intention of adding anymore awkwardness I hurriedly come inside and by reflex hold the door so the girl can move outside. Turned out she was with a friend. Another girl with a cute bun hair and surprisingly a little taller than me.

Just when I thought the awkward moment has ended, a big wind suddenly came and I heard the bun-haired girl cried, “Soojung-ah, your hat!”

TAP TAP TAP, HAP!

I did perfectly with the timing so I could catch the hat before it landed to the ground in front of the mini market.

“Ah, thank you.” The owner of the hat step forward to take the hat from my hand. I was glad I left my snapback at the bus. Or else my hat would also fly and this awkwardness could get out of hand.

“You’re welcome,” I dusted off the hat before I gave it back to the girl. Then I went back inside with an awkward fluttering feeling in my head.

I was walking away,
But she's so beautiful it made me stay
I don't know her name,
But I'm hoping she might feel the same
So here I go again,
She got my heart again!