* four

The Electrostatic Discharge Between Lovers

IF THERE WAS one thing Kim Jongin absolutely hates, it's Park Chanyeol.

Nothing can match this deep, seething hatred he has for that dwarf-eared guy, and he makes sure that Park Chanyeol knows. He gives him an extra special stare that's five seconds longer than a normal stare usually would, full of passionate loathing towards this genetically mutated motherfu-

Other than being a genetic mutation, what else could possibly explain this guy's lack of agility and dancing prowess? His joints are unbelievably stiff. His legs are impossibly curved in such a way that a dolphin could perform hoop tricks through it. His elbows are all over the place when he does the Macarena. He isn't even 10% horse-y when he does the Gangnam Style. There is nothing more ridiculous than a dancing Park Chanyeol other than a dancing Park Chanyeol acting as the university's main dancer.

The story behind this dispute is pretty funny, actually. It all began on that fateful day during their second year when Jongin was finally a part of the panel for the Dance Troupe's audition team, and Chanyeol, Applicant #331, signed up. At first, Jongin was actually kind of sorry for the poor bastard. He picked Sorry, Sorry, the most basic routine for Korean dancers as an audition piece. And even then, he was ing terrible. I you not. It was a blasphemy to the art of dancing. His form was all wrong, his timing was off, and the worst part of it all was that Park Chanyeol did not have any soul.

What else could Jongin possibly do but give him the worst possible score? He was enthusiastic, sure, but enthusiasm wasn't an excuse for terrible dancing. But apparently for the panelists, good looks was. Jongin was surprised when he found out when the little got in. He checked the score sheets - double checked them, even - only to find out that his fellow judges were swayed from the Righteous Path by his adorable hair ruffle at the beginning of the performance.

Jongin was prepared to tolerate him for the rest of his university life as long as Chanyeol kept out of the way. But noooo, yet again this had not been the case. Chanyeol decided to his life up even more (if that was even possible) when that tard was chosen to be the lead dancer. At that time, Jongin thought he would never bounce back. The Dance Troupe had been his entire life's worth. Even during high school, he was already a part of the Exclusive Society of Elite Movers and Booty-Shakers. All his sunbaes told him that he had so much potential in him and will probably be picked to be the lead dancer when he enters university.

All of his hopes, his dreams, crushed by a tall guy who just happens to have a more attractively proportional face than he (and much fairer skin at that). Why must he ruin everything for Jongin?

And so determined his life-long hatred for this big-eared hairless mutt.

x x x

CHANYEOL COULD HAVE never been happier when he learned that he was chosen to become the university's lead dancer. He actually poured his heart and soul into that routine. Practiced day in and day out, he did. He was a bit guilty that he beat Jongin to it. He thought Jongin actually deserved the position; Jongin was a bit ier than he was, he'll admit that much but when Jongin trash-talked Chanyeol's movements, that had been a different story. He in no way did anything to Jongin (except snag up that lead dancer position) but Jongin's unreasonable hatred towards Chanyeol was just too melodramatic to be considered as a mere act of jealousy.

During the last skirmish at the music room, Chanyeol had been far too pre-occupied with Baekhyun to deal with Jongin's bull. One could only take so much drama. He took so much effort not to look at his eyes or acknowledge his presence whatsoever. He would later have to deal with the consequences though, seeing that Jongin is still the president of the Dance Troupe, and they were yet to have an actual legit and comprehensible conversation.