* three

The Electrostatic Discharge Between Lovers

PARK CHANYEOL HEADS to the Music Room to practice his guitar. He was stupefied to see that the room was open and all lights lit; it was hardly ever used by the other students. He was more surprised however when he enters the room and spots three figures all on the floor; two are alive and staring at each other, and one (seemingly) dead. He recognizes the latter to be his ex, Byun Baekhyun.

"Oh, my God. I leave him alone for five seconds and the er's already dead." Chanyeol sighs for an eternity and facepalms so hard that it seems as if his hand may pass through his forehead. Albeit awkward, the tall tard still approaches Baekhyun and clucks disappointedly. "I expected more from you, you know?"

Waking up at the wonderful, wonderful stimuli that is Park Chanyeol's voice, a little bit of life returns to the dying Baekhyun. "Ch-ch-chanyeol? Chanyeol my love? My dear? Chanyeol, have you come back to me?"

" no." Chanyeol rolls his eyes at Baek's desperation. "Look at you, you're a ing mess. You're even worse than you were before. Gahh, why would I ever come back to you?"

Baekhyun reaches out and withers when he realizes that Chanyeol won't be taking his hand anytime soon.

x x x

"WHAT DID YOU do to my mouth, Jongin?" Jongin's eyes widens. He never thought Kyungsoo would recognize his attempts to his lips. The poor guy was usually so dense.

"U-uh, s-s-see when y-you w-were. . . Th-th-there w-was th-this thing a-a-and I. . ." Jongin stutters as he racks his brain for the perfect alibi. Kyungsoo stares at him blankly, and that blank stare reminds Jongin that this was Do Kyungsoo - the immensely, adorably, amazingly stupid little satan.

"You see there were aliens, and they demanded me to perform the mouth-to-mouth ritual that they have observed among us earthlings. It was for their extraterrestrial study, apparently, on human mating and courting rituals. And, and, uhh, if I didn't do it, they would perform the other rituals, the one which involves contact with ia."

Kyungsoo stares wide-eyed, unable to comprehend the big words Jongin used on him again. He nods slowly and pretends to understand, not realizing that Jongin has been with him long enough to see through his facade.

"Don't worry, Kyungsoo. I made sure the aliens wouldn't hurt you." As he pinches Satansoo's cheeks, he observes how wonderfully squishy they are and smiles.

"What's that on your face? It smells so appetizing. Can I have some? Can you buy me some, Jongin? Huh, huh, huh? Pleeeaaaase?" He says, bumping against Jongin's broad, y shoulder.

As much as Jongin wanted to give Kyungsoo what he wants, he was afraid that Kyungsoo's general health and well-being would be put at risk. He could get sick and possibly be hospitalized; he would be absent, for DAYS! God forbid that he go a day without seeing his squishy oppa.

"It's a rare, exotic Brazilian salsa mix, made of the finest herbs and spices obtained from the savannah jungle. The chunky parts here and here," he says, pointing to the meaty parts of Kyungsoo's mouth, "are the main entrees of the richest German shepherds."

Kyungsoo never got to hear the rest of Jongin's alibi because halfway through his lengthy explanation, squishy oppa dozes off. His head hanging limp on his neck, mouth hanging open, remains of his vomit trailing off along the corners.

"Aw," Jongin coos. "You're so vulnerably adorable, oppa."

x x x

"OPPAAAA! DON'T LEAVE ME, OPAAAA! Take me back, Chany-." Chanyeol stops listening. There was something about Baek's pathetic demeanor that made him lose his the very little remaining interest he had in whatever Baek wanted to say. He has heard it a thousand times before.

Baekhyun animatedly (desperately) flails his arms around him, asking him, begging him to take him back. I mean, look at it. It was ing ugly.

Chanyeol's patience withstood only five more minutes of this torture. Eye twitching, Chanyeol cuts off Baek's nth round of begging with a look. And not just any look: it was look of pure and utter disgust. There was absolutely no trace of the love, or even pity, and that was what Baek had been aiming for.

"Chanyeol. . . ?"

Chanyeol breathes in, and breathes out, and Baek steels himself for the tsunami of words that was to come. What has he done, what wrong has he made, that made him to be the epicenter of Chanyeol's very rare, but very destructive storm of affronts and invectives.

"Baekhyun, what the is going on with you? Just look at yourself!" Chanyeol begins, moving his arms up and down at Baekhyun's sad state. "Your clothes are all ruined, your face is a mess, you look like you've been run over by ten cars and on by a billion pigeons."

Baekhyun, tears all spent, could do nothing but sob. He is already aware of his deep reliance on Chanyeol, and he hates himself for not lessening it. But what hurts more is Chanyeol being so up-front about it.

"I...I just love you so much, Chanyeol. . ."

"Well that doesn't excuse letting go of yourself! God, I knew you were dependent, but this is getting ridiculous."

Chanyeol sighs, and brushes his hair back. Being an to Baekhyun was something of an achievement, since his handsome face has always been able to extinguish even his most intense conflagration. But this time, it was different. Or, to be more specific, Baekhyun was different. Long gone was the dashing and charming and ily sarcastic Baekhyun that sat next to him on their first year of university. He made a crack about the professor's very obvious toupee, and Chanyeol almost got in trouble for it.

"Eh, big ears and emo eyes, what's so funny over there?" the professor called when he noticed the sound of muffled laughter from way over at the back.

"Er, nothing, sir." Baekhyun makes another joke about the professor, this time about his faux British accent, and Chanyeol has to stop another burst of laughter.

This was the usual banter between the two jesters everyday during that 9 to 11 am period, spending most of Calculus class making insults at their professor. And when they ran out of things to insult the professor about, they would talk about random stuff that never got boring because of Baek's witty comebacks and Chanyeol's absurd reactions.

That had been first year. Now, they were third years. Baekhyun is three years away from that old Baekhyun Chanyeol used to love.

"How can I respect you if you don't even respect yourself?" Baekhyun is silenced by Chanyeol's sharp words. The fact that it's true made it hurt ten times more. And the fact that it's from Chanyeol made it hurt a billion times more. Unable to fill the silence, Baekhyun just continues to sob. He sobs even while Chanyeol starts to say sorry. He sobs even after Chanyeol gets tired and leaves. He sobs even until the guard coaxes him to leave the messed up music room. Baekhyun thought that there would be nothing more painful than Chanyeol leaving. He could not have been more wrong.

This was it. Real pain. The actual pain of knowing that it was your fault and being unable to do a about it.