Opening Ceremony: Part 2

The Way The World Works

 

I was pushed to the ground, and then I realized I landed on someone.

“Guys let’s go!” I got up and ran as fast as I could.

I got inside the school just as the bell rang. The halls were empty and was deprived of students, but there were teachers patrolling on every corner.

“Hey! You girls shouldn’t be here right now! What are your names?”

In my mind, all I was thinking about was the guy. He must be cutting class, on the first day? Oh no, I hope it’s not an idol or trainee.

He checked if I had an ID card. His expression told me that he was not happy.

“According to rule #187, you are to wear your ID card on your neck at all times.” Shoot! I must have dropped it at the entrance.

“Go to the auditorium and after the ceremony immediately report to the principal’s office.” I nodded obediently.

After the ceremony…

I yawned, and I just remembered that I had to go to the principal’s office.

I passed by the dance studio, then the recording studio, and lastly the multi-purpose room.

For a moment, just for one second. I closed my eyes.

There was a guy, just a bit older than me. He was strumming a beautiful song. You could tell his heart was into it. I could feel that he was conveying his feelings through the music, he had passion. I felt a tear forming in my eye. I ran away into an abandoned room. I needed to catch my breath, I was too overwhelmed.

That was the song me and my parents listened to whenever it got too quiet in the house. There were times where it would rain, and this song was perfect for a gloomy mood. This song was our all time theme song, and that guy was playing it.

Who would have thought that such an old underrated song would be played by a person who looked rather modern, and also the girl that was listening had such a deep connection to the song. This all felt too coincidental to me…or is it?