Opening Ceremony

The Way The World Works

 

How could we be late for the first day of school!

Me and Sulli rushed towards the school entrance not caring if our bags were dragging on the ground. We could see the gates inching together slowly closing, we were almost there. There is still hope!

Me and Sulli go to the same school, our school is famous among idols and trainees.  You are bound to see at least two of them in your class. Idols come here to study all about dancing, acting, and singing and that is why me and Sulli are here. In a school that is top notch, you have to look good everywhere you go, there are entertainment scouts watching and if you impress them you have a shot at making it big!

“Suzy!! Sulli!! Over Here!!” I let curiosity get the better of me. We both looked back only to find Jiyoung. She was skipping her way over to us, and then the gates closed.

“Hey guys!! I was calling you, why didn’t you answer me?” Jiyoung still had a big smile plastered on her face; clearly she didn’t notice that we were late.

We first met Jiyoung at middle school, she was the first person who we became friends with. We were bullied by our classmates because we were orphans. They would tell us that our parents didn’t love us, so they left us in the orphanage, but what do they know? We said something to defend ourselves but it only made them angry. One of the bully’s fist was in the air just above my head but one brave girl stepped out of the crowd. She had two pigtails jutting out of both sides of her head. She stopped the bully’s fist with enough strength that pushed him off his feet. There was a big thud when his head hit the hard concrete ground; he was brought to a nearby hospital. Nobody would have guessed that such an innocent looking girl would be able to take down a big and bulky guy. From that day on, they never bullied us; instead they were scared and usually kept a safe distance whenever Jiyoung would come near.

“Yah!! Do you know what time it is? Now we're late for school, look the gates are closed!” Sulli showed a fist and gritted her teeth at Jiyoung, jokingly as she remembered when the bully almost hit us.

 “Okay, just calm down. Let’s just figure out another way to get in the school.” I glanced up and down at the 10 ft. brick wall that covered the perimeter of the whole school.

“Hehe. Does anyone like climbing...on brick walls in particular?” They scoffed at my idea, but then realized how important it was to have good attendance at school especially if it’s the first day.

We tied our jackets in one neat line and then we tied the jackets around our waist, that way the first person would pull us forward. It wasn’t a bad idea at all, until I lost at rock paper and scissors.

Was this a miracle? We were at the top of the brick wall.

“One, two, three!” We yelled in unison as we plunged to the ground. 

"Umma!" Sulli was rubbing her tomato red forehead. 

"Haha. Owie!" Of course, Jiyoung was smiling and laughing her pain away. 

I fell metre from the others, and surprisingly it didn't hurt. 

"Yah! What do you think you're doing?"