We Gon' Work This Out

Cupid Called, He Said to Give My Heart Back

It took Lu Han a good one hour and forty minutes to tell Minseok everything. Why it took so long? It's Lu Han we're talking about. He was crying in between his words. And he couldn't keep his hands to himself, aka pilfering Minseok's hidden stash of chocolate and candy bars, and munching them in between took him long enough to get Minseok snoring. 

The elder was roused when his mother had shook his shoulders awake. "Mom? Where's Han?" he said, his mind still groggy after a very stressful afternoon after practice, he couldn't help dozing off as Lu Han had been talking. His mother only smiled, as she led him downstairs. They entered the kitchen, and there Minseok found Lu Han slurping his chicken soup silently, his sniffling was loud enough to resonate the entire room. 

Minseok's mother patted him on the back. "I'll just go buy some bread at the bakery down the road. You keep Hannie company, and eat some, okay?" she said, as she ruffled her son's hair, earning a bright smile from him. "I'll be back before you know it," she added, as she leaned in to peck Minseok's cheek. Minseok's mother, Minah, looked quite young for her age. She was also about the same height as Minseok, and both are very pretty. The first time Minseok introduced his mom to his friends, they thought that she was his girlfriend!

Minseok shook his head rid of the funny memories he has with his mom and his friends. Like a ninja, he silently slipped into the seat beside Lu Han. "Um, howdy?" he said. He cleared his throat when Lu Han didn't acknowledge him the first time. And that got him to flinch. "Oh ! Minseok! What the hell?" Lu Han screamed. If Lu Han had known of his, erm, tendencies, aka this scene right here, he would have known better not to scream too much, so he might have not scared off the adorable bunny that is Chanyeol's cousin.

"You're so mean!" Lu Han added, as he slapped Minseok's arm, with all his baby-force glory. Minseok only laughed at his best friend's futile attempts. "Lu Han, Master of Exaggeration, Demon Vice-Captain of the Soccer Team, Male God of China, and Beijing's Flowerboy Prince. Now, which of those titles of yours do you think has anything to do with Sehun?" Minseok said. Lu Han had just opened his mouth to answer when the doorbell had been rung. Okay, it's still ringing, and there was heavy pounding on the door. Sure enough, it wasn't Minseok's mother, who always brought a spare key with her.

Minseok and Lu Han shared uncertain looks before nodding and standing at the same time. They grabbed throw pillows, a butter knife for Minseok, and headed towards the door. At the count of three, Minseok unlocked the door and the force outside flung the door wide, and the person, or rather, persons, tackled Minseok and Lu Han to the ground, In a flurry of limbs, the personwere wrestling with Lu Han and Minseok on the floor. One of the persons was nice enough to close the door.

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

Lu Han immediately scurried away from the mess of limbs, only to find out that he was standing beside Do Kyungsoo from the Student Council. "Oh, Kyungsoo! What are you doing here?" Lu Han said, and this got the flurry of limbs to untagle themselves from each other. "I was dragged here by Baekhyun and Jongdae." he replied flatly. 

Lu Han could only nod, as the Beagle trio got up, and helped their eldest hyung up to his feet. "We were sorta kinda expecting some kind of reward since we did help you out there, y'know?" Baekhyun shrugged. Chanyeol could only nod while he folded his arms across his chest. Jongdae let out a sigh, as he looked at Minseok apologetically. 

"Whatever. Sure, help yourselves to dinner, then," Minseok only sighed, as he ushered his guests into the kitchen. Kyungsoo stepped forward, "I brought kimchi spaghetti. Well, Baekhyun said Lu Han hyung was feeling down, and said I should make some, so, pardon my intrusion." he said, not even waiting for Minseok's reply. 

"You didn't even stop them?" Minseok asked Jongdae. "Well, he has a point, though." the younger shrugged.

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

By the time all six boys have settled down, and were helping themselves to the chicken soup, Minseok's mother arrived. She entered the kitchen, and her surprised expression was instantly replaced with a delighted face when she saw familiar faces. "Oh, you boys are here! A new friend?" she said, as she motioned towards Kyungsoo. 

"Good evening, ma'am. My name is Do Kyungsoo, Secretary of the Student Council. I apologize for intruding." he said in a monotonous voice. Minah, Minseok's mom, could only laugh. "Aigoo, poor child! He fell in with the wrong crowd!" she joked. Screams of "Mom!" and "Auntie!" and "Mrs. Kim!" had then erupted from the boys. "Just kidding! Just kidding! Ah, I see you boys have helped yourselves to the chicken soup, huh? What do you think? Is it okay, or what?" she said, as she set dinner rolls on the table.

"I made it for Hannie, since he was crying when he and Seokkie came home a while ago. I'm glad he's smiling again!" she said, as she got a bowl and served herself some soup. Hums of agreement came from the boys, since they were all busy eating. Minah's eyes darted from boy to boy, and noticed an unfamiliar dish on the table. "Is this kimchi? Did any of you boys bring this?" she said, as she got a little of the pasta on her plate. 

"I-It was me, ma'am. I made it for Lu Han hyung, as well," Kyungsoo announced. "Oh, is that so?" Minah said, as she tasted a forkful. "Hey, this is good! You made this yourself?" Minah asked Kyungsoo. "Um, yes, ma'am. It's kimchi spaghetti, and--" 

"Kimchi spaghetti? Wow! This is really good! Seokkie, try it! Oh, and you should stop calling me 'ma'am'. It makes me sound old!" Minah pouted, as the boys could only chuckle. "But mom, you are old!" Minseok joked. "Aishh! Don't be mean to your own mother!" Minah pouted, which earned some more laughs from the boys. "Call me 'auntie', instead! Like these four over here," she said, pointing at Lu Han, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Jongdae. 

"Oh, um okay..? Au..ntie?" Kyungsoo mumbled. "Oh, Minseok! He's such a cutiepie! Can we keep him?" Minah said, as she reached over to hug Kyungsoo. "Jongdae-ya, can we keep him?" she asked. The Beagle trio were just laughing their heads off. "Sure thing, auntie!" Baekhyun answered for Jongdae. "I think you should ask his mom first, auntie!" Jongdae said. 

Minseok could only shake his head at his mom's and his friends' antics. "Lighten up, Min!" Lu Han whispered beside him. He also gave him a wink and a thumb's-up, before returning to his soup. "Like you're one to talk..." Minseok mumbled under his breath.

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

After performing in front of his new school's Dance Troupe, Taemin, Jongin's friend, who was also the current leader of the team, had accepted Sehun into the team, right then and there. And now, he was on his way home, when he got a text from his Chanyeol hyung. It said:

 

From: Chan-DERP hyung

Subject: u o k ?

Ey hunnie! u ok? wer r u?

L-H hyung ws crying..

sed he ws sry

why???

wat hppnd?

u on ur way home n0w?

car3ful, ok?

To: Se-PinkuPinku-Hunnie

 

Sehun re-read the message over and over. 'Lu Han hyung was crying?' he thought. He was already on his way up to his room when he felt his phone vibrate. He fished for his phone, and saw that there was an incoming call from Jongin. 'Now what's this idiot up to?' he thought, as he unlocked the screen to answer.

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

"Where are you?"

"Home. Why?"

"Oh, well, can I stay over?"

Sehun sighed into the mouthpiece. "No."

"Rude. Anyway, you gonna talk to hyung tomorrow, orz..?"

"I'll talk to him, I guess," Sehun answered, as he dropped his backpack on his bed.

"So, d'yo--"

"No, Jongin. It won't be like a date. No need for your help, thank you very much."

"I haven't even said anything yet!"

Sehun just chuckled. "Doesn't matter. I know what you were thinking, anyway."

"Well, I guess that's that. Get some rest, Hunnie! We have practice tomorrow morning, so don't be late! Bye!" Jongin said.

Even though Jongin had hung up already, Sehun still mumbled a soft reply of, "Good night, Jongin," before drifting off to sleep.

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

Lu Han stayed the night at Minseok's. He walked their friends to the door, and got changed for bed afterwards. Lu Han slept on a futon, since he disliked sharing beds with anyone. "So, what're you gonna do about Sehun tomorrow?" Minseok asked softly, his eyes trailed on the stickers that were glowing softly, slowly losing their light as the years went by. 

"I don't know. I'll go look for him first, I guess. Then," Lu Han replied. "Then..." he pondered. "Then what?" Minseok added. "Then... Then I'll apologize to him, I guess," Lu Han shrugged. "That's good, then. Good night, Han," Minseok yawned.

Lu Han sat up, and started shaking Minseok awake. "That was it? I cried like a girl yesterday, and that's just it?" Lu Han hissed. Minseok turned so his back was facing Lu Han. "Good night, Han. Sweet dreams, Han," Minseok said, yawning again. "Aishh! Kim Minseok! I hate you!" Lu Han said, as he rolled back onto his futon, facing away from Minseok's bed. 

"Of course you do, Han." Minseok thought to himself, once he heard Lu Han's soft snores. "Of course you do." 

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

The next morning, Lu Han couldn't thank Minseok's mom enough for their hospitality. Minah only laughed as she ruffled Lu Han's hair as she just calmly replied. "Your mom and I have been friends since forever, we're almost like sisters! So you and Minseok are more or less like cousins, okay?" 

Lu Han can never understand his and Minseok's mom. Those two were too lively, but were also kind and gentle in anything they do. 

The moment he entered the campus, he dropped off his things at the Council room, ignoring Yifan's groan of frustration, and had effectively avoided Yifan's flying Maths book, just in time when Lu Han closed the door. He had texted Chanyeol who texted Jongin who said that the Dance team had morning practice, so more or less, Sehun would attend it. 

He headed for practice studio number 3, Jongin told Chanyeol who told me, so it's not my fault if I get it wrong, and upon knocking on the door, the Council's resident 'slacker-genius' Yixing, Yifan's younger brother, aka Lu Han's cousin, came out, sweaty, and panting. "Oh, cousin Lu! What brings you here today?" he asked, as he wiped a sheen of sweat from his forehead.

"Oh, um, I was looking for Sehun? Oh Sehun, the, uh, new kid?" he said uncertainly. Surely, when it comes to dancing, maths, numbers, unicorns, and rainbows, Yixing was awake. But in other things, his mind was blank. "Hm? New kid? I'll go ask Taemin, wait here." he said, closing the door in Lu Han's face, leaving him to fend for himself in the silence of the corridors.

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

At the end of the hall, he could see, no, he could hear Chanyeol, and most probably Jongin, too. The moment the couple arrived, the two had rounded Lu Han, cornering him against the wall. The two had serious faces on, as they looked down at Lu Han. "Um, g-guys?" Lu Han squeaked, before he was swallowed in Jongin's and Chanyeol's arms. 

He was sandwiched between the two taller, and obviously bigger boys, and had to pinch their sides so they would let go. "Ow, hyung! It hurtsch!" Jongin pouted. Chanyeol side-hugged his boyfriend. "Yeah, hyung! We were just worried about you, you know!" His deep voice echoing through the halls.

"Aishh, you two! I'm fine! I'm fine, I say!" Lu Han said, laughing as he watched Chanyeol's face contort into a frown, which only made him look uglier, honestly. Jongin stepped forward. "Sehun's just being dumb, just so you know. He's a baby that needs to be taken care of, too," he said. Chanyeol, upon hearing his favorite baby cousin being insulted, even if it's his boyfriend, he just won't stand and watch.

"Well, you're an idiot, Jongin!" he said, completing the childish look by sticking his tongue out at Jongin. "And you're a huge derp, hyung!" Jongin concluded, as he hid behind Lu Han, really effective, Jongin, really effective. Jongin paused his playing around  to look at Lu Han, "I don't think Sehunnie's in, yet. He always comes in late, so I guess you have to meet him later after class,or something," he said.

Lu Han's shoulders had visibly drooped. "Aww, that's okay, hyung! We'll keep Sehun free the entire afternoon so you can talk, alright?" Chanyeol said, trying to cheer the elder up. Lu Han sighed in the defeat, and in that same moment, Yixing's head popped out from inside the room, and said, "Hey, cousin Lu. Taemin said the new kid's not yet in. You wanna wait for him inside, or..?"

"No thanks, Xing. Oh, but thanks for asking. You too, Chanyeol, Jongin!" Lu Han said, as he ran out the building, but then he bumped into someone, which impact sent the two of them to fall on the ground. He looked up, and saw Sehun. Lu Han noticed the panic in the younger's eyes, who had then made a grab for his backpack, and was about to run off, again, so Lu Han had held on tight on the maknae's wrist.

"Wait! Sehun-ah?" Lu Han said. He remembered how nice the endearment sounded with Sehun's name. He could feel Sehun stop, so he used that moment to pull himself up to his feet. "Sehun, can we talk?" he said, as he looked away to hide his embarrassment.

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

Sehun woke up late. 

He rushed his preparation, even only grabbing a piece of toast for the trip, and ran like mad across the campus. He was well on his way to the Perfroming Arts department when he bumped into someone, which sent the both of them down on their butts. Sehun looked up, and saw none other than Lu Han. The same Lu Han who he ran away from yesterday. That Lu Han. Acting on his instincts, he grabbed his backpack and was just about to make a run for it when he felt a hand on his wrist, stopping him from running away. Again...

"Wait! Sehun-ah?" Lu Han spoke first. Using Sehun as a leverage, he pulled himself up with ease. "Sehun, can we talk?" Lu Han said. And Sehun be damned if he didn't find that adorable.

//>.>.>//>.>.>//>.>.>//

Lu Han had brought Sehun up on the rooftop. There, they sat beside each other with their backs against the wall. They sat there in silence until they decided to speak up. 

"I--"

"Are yo--"

Both Lu Han and Sehun's faces turned bright red. "Y-You go first, hyung," Sehun said quietly. "O-Okay. Thanks, Sehun," Lu Han said just as quietly. "Um, first off, I'm sorry for scraing you off yesterday!" Lu Han said, as he did one of those formal bows they do in animes. "I, uh... Minseok told me that I have these, um, tendencies to overreact, and that was just one of them. I'm really sorry for scaring you! I hope you'll still work with me!" Lu Han said, as he bowed even deeper, as if kissing the floor in front of Sehun.

Sehun was silent from the shock, not just because of the bow, but also because of the fact that his Lu Han hyung was apologizing for something that was Sehun's fault. 'It's my fault I ran away, right? It was because I was nervous, right? Not because of Lu Han hyung!' he thought. He pondered for a while about how he were to respond to Lu Han. But the elder took Sehun's silence as a 'no', and had thought that the younger had been mad at Lu Han, and was contemplating on wanting a partner change.

"I-It's okay if you d-don't want to work with me anymore! But please! Just forgive hyung! I'm really sorry! I-I'll just ask Yifan to switch me with someone... Y-You're okay with Jongin, or Tao, right?" Lu Han said. His voice was shaking. He's never felt so bad about himself, so bad, that he'd start crying.

In an instant, Sehun's hand touched Lu Han's chin, and pulled it up gently, so they were looking into each other's eyes. Sehun had a sad smile on as he wiped Lu Han's tears away with his thumbs. "Hyung, don't cry. I'm sorry. It was my fault, not yours, hyung. Come on, I won't want to switch partners, I swear!" Sehun smiled, hoping he'd convince the elder to smile as well.

Fortunately, he got the hyung to smile. It was a slight smile, half-grimace-half-grin, but it was better than nothing. The two laughed a little before sitting back into their original positions. "So, um, am I forgiven?" Lu Han asked softly. He was rifling his bangs, and was looking away from Sehun. "Oh my god, hyung, no! I mean, no, it wasn't your fault! It was my fault, hyung! Stop thinking it was your fault, aishh!" Sehun answered.

He gave himself a physical facepalm, but let go of his face when he felt a hand chucking his chin. "Hyung, what the hell?" Sehun groaned, successfully covering the light blush on his cheeks with his hand. "Whatever you say, then, Sehun-ah!" Lu Han giggled. He checked his watch, fifteen minutes before class starts, and motioned for Sehun to stand up as well. 

"Want to walk to class together? I mean, we're friends now, right? We'll work on the consensus thingy together during lunch and after classes, right?" Lu Han rambled. Sehun only smiled as he opened the door for Lu Han. "Sure thing. Where are your things, anyway?" Sehun asked, as he followed Lu Han down the stairs."I left it at the Council room. What about you?" Lu Han answered coolly. "What about me?" Sehun asked curiously.

"Where's your uniform?" Lu Han asked, gesturing at Sehun's sweat shirt and sweat pants combo, with running shoes to top it all off. "I was on my way to morning practice, but then you bumped into me, and so now here we are," Sehun replied. "Excuse me, but it was you who bumped into me!" Lu Han replied, faking an aghast expression. 

The two burst into laughter as they headed towards the Council room together.


Ahh... The joys of having double updates~